Instagram
3   154
1   523
6   319
10   570
5   561

Coca-Cola London Eye; Everything You Need to Know!

The Coca-Cola London Eye is a major tourist attraction in London and the tallest Ferris wheel in Europe. Located on the South Bank next to the County Hall with Waterloo being the closest station. It offers the tallest viewing point in London after the Shard which is the tallest.

Over 4million people a year visit the Coca-Cola London Eye, with 32 capsules and 30 minutes for the full rotation. Thanks to Merlin Events London, we had an opportunity to experience the VIP Capsule. The experience was surreal, being scared of heights I thought it would be scary, but it wasn’t. In this article, we hope to share everything you need to know about visiting the Coca-Cola London Eye.

Coca-Cola London Eye

Everything You Need To Know

London is an incredible city and I am fortunate to live so close to it and visit whenever. The Coca-Cola London Eye offers its visitor’s at least 25km panoramic view of the city in all directions. This tourist attraction can accommodate up to 800 people it is 32 capsules (25 each) at any one time.

Before you make your trip to London, here are some valuable information you should have handy. Remember, London like many tourist cities can get very busy, planning is required.

Coca-Cola London Eye
  • Purchase London Explorer Pass, London Eye is included or can buy tickets in advance online rather than on the day
  • Visit during the week, avoid weekends or holidays. Queues can take up to 30 minutes on a good day
  • The ride has 32 capsules labelled 1-33, #13 is skipped and it takes 30 minutes. The wheel is 135 metres high, each capsule can accommodate 25 people
  • For special events including weddings, hire Merlin Events. They can organise a capsule experience like no other.
  • Enhance the experience by hiring a private capsule with drinks and canapes. London Eye opens daily, does shut for maintenance works in January or bad weather.
  • You have to go through security before entering the capsule, bags get searched. Great panoramic views, watch out for Big Ben, Westminister Abbey and the Shard.

Coca-Cola London Eye Review

Thanks to the folks at Merlin Events who invited us to experience the private capsule. If you’re early for your visit to the London Eye, you can book a VIP experience. A nice VIP lounge is in the building opposite the eye, champagne is available but not for kids.

Our visit had been arranged for 6 pm, we met our lovely guide at 5.45pm at the VIP desk. We even had some time to check out the VIP lounge where many groups were waiting. When it’s your turn, guides take you to the capsule, for us, it was via Merlin Events guide.

Coca-Cola London Eye

Going through security was quick and easy, then we were assigned a photo ticket. In the end, you can check out your pictures both before and after the capsule ride. Once in the capsule, our lovely guide offered us some champagne (Pommery) and canapes whilst we enjoyed the views. The ride is 30 minutes and to be honest, it felt way too short, I didn’t want it to end. The beautiful thing is you can book two rotations and spend an hour gazing over London.

We made fun videos, snacked, chatted away and most of all, enjoyed the 360 views of London. Having never been on the Coca-Cola London Eye before I must say, its the best ever. For large groups, we definitely recommend booking with Merlin Events London for great deals. I am definitely taking my mother on the London Eye so she too can enjoy the views.

We were guests of Merlin Events London

1. October 26, 2018 / 11:11 am

London is a very romantic place. It’s full of elegance, beauty and perfection. This is such a cool place! Thanks for the very nice share 🙂

2. October 18, 2018 / 4:49 pm

Love the London Eye, gives such a good view of the city. We are Merlin Annual Pass members so always feel a bit guilty not having the queue

3. October 18, 2018 / 11:57 am

This is such a useful post. I haven’t visited the London Eye yet, but I intend to, so I will remember this post!

4. October 17, 2018 / 2:09 pm

Ive never been on the london eye and really want to go and take the girls too!

5. October 17, 2018 / 11:39 am

Myself and a friend did this last time we were in town. We had a fab time and the best part – no queues xx

6. October 16, 2018 / 1:12 pm

We’ve been wanting to schedule a trip to London. Do have to plan it out to take the most advantage of our time there. The Coca Cola London Eye sounds like a great idea, plus you’ll get a bird-eye view of the city.

7. October 16, 2018 / 12:38 pm

I enjoyed our ride on the London Eye. Its a nice way to get a birdseye view of the city.

8. October 16, 2018 / 12:31 pm

We love the London Eye. Can’t wait to take my son. Gorgeous photos

9. October 16, 2018 / 12:20 pm

Wow, London is definitely in my bucket list too. Thanks for this info, I know another must-see place once we go there.😀

10. October 16, 2018 / 8:58 am

I love so close to London but I’ve never been on the London Eye before! I’m scared of heights and it’s always too busy and I get anxious haha. It’s one I’d definitely like to go on one day but I need to train myself up a bit first hehe.

11. October 16, 2018 / 8:35 am

I haven’t been on the London eye since it first launched. I must try it again.

12. October 16, 2018 / 1:58 am

This is somewhere I’d love to go! I love being up high and being able to see for miles, this would be right up my street! The VIP experience sounds amazing!

13. Kiwi
    October 16, 2018 / 1:40 am

I never knew that was called the Coca Cola London Eye. That would be one of the first tourist attraction things I would want to do if I ever get a chance to visit London.

14. October 15, 2018 / 8:39 pm

Wow, this looks amazing. If I ever get the chance to visit London this would be the place we would have to visit. I’m afraid of heights but I would love to try it.

15. October 15, 2018 / 7:08 pm

Looks like you had a fantastic time! I’d love to go to this next time I’m in London!

16. October 15, 2018 / 5:27 pm

I’ve not been on the London Eye – I’m a bit scared of heights but my family have, and loved it!

17. October 15, 2018 / 3:19 am

Wow! That’s why I love Europe! There’s a lot of beautiful places that I really love to visit! Love this place!

18. October 14, 2018 / 5:44 pm

Coca-Cola London Eye is one of the most recommended place by my friends in London and I am adding this to my travel list for sure!

19. October 14, 2018 / 2:23 am

It does look so cool up there. I am surprised I didn’t go there when I got the chance one year. It was a ton of fun being in London, and this would have been amazing.

20. October 13, 2018 / 5:56 am

If I ever get to London I’d love to visit here. What a cool post. You took beautiful photos!! Thanks for sharing

21. October 13, 2018 / 2:00 am

This is definitely on my must-do list when I go to the UK! My goal is to spend 1 week in England!

22. Sam
    October 12, 2018 / 7:56 pm

The London Eye is so iconic. I was there a few years ago when I was living in the UK. Can’t wait to go back!

23. October 12, 2018 / 7:07 pm

I live near Chicago and Chicago has their Navy Pier which sounds a lot like this. Although, I don’t think the Ferris Wheel there has the pods. I think it’s just giant open benches that you have to hop onto while it keeps spinning. It might have changed since I went when I was younger. It’s always a fun time and I’m glad to see that London offers the something similar. 🙂

24. Devyani Ray
    October 12, 2018 / 6:28 pm

I didn’t know you can arranged wedding events here. How cool!

25. October 12, 2018 / 3:29 pm

I’m a little scared of heights, so haven’t braved this yet on any of my London trips. But I do love a good panorama view, so maybe next time I’ll bite the bullet.

26. blair villanueva
    October 12, 2018 / 10:05 am

This is one of the gorgeous landmark of London. I think being up above would be a glorious moment to view the whole city. Does they operate also during night time?

27. October 12, 2018 / 8:48 am

You always make a great adventure for me. The Coca-Cola London Eye, was a another great adventure. I’m looking forward to more.

28. October 12, 2018 / 12:12 am

I definitely love traveling with you. I’ve in London 3 times. Far ago. Now you made me want to go back to the city!

29. October 11, 2018 / 10:40 pm

I’ve always wanted to visit London and the London Eye! It looks really spectacular in your photos. Can’t wait to check this spot out while visiting England … that will be real fun! 🙂

30. October 11, 2018 / 5:11 pm

I’ve been on the London Eye twice and both times I loved it. Even my then 3-year old son enjoyed it and I wasn’t sure if he would.

31. October 11, 2018 / 5:07 pm

London eye is so popular all over the world. In delhi, India they tried to replicate it but sadly built it on an unstable river bed, it got shut as soon as it started.

32. October 11, 2018 / 3:15 pm

I have always heard of the London Eye but never in this much detail. Thanks for this.

33. October 11, 2018 / 10:33 am

I’ve not been in the London Eye but it’s a while since we visited London. We’d like to come as a family and do the whole tourist thing!

34. October 11, 2018 / 12:22 am

That is quite the ferris wheel! It is very pretty on the skyline at nighttime, too. I’ve never been to London, but it sounds like one of those things you wouldn’t want to miss.

35. October 10, 2018 / 8:43 pm

We have used our Merlin annual passes for 2 visits to the London Eye, and both times picked out different landmarks to see. I’d love to do the evening trip with champagne and see the lights over the city.

36. October 10, 2018 / 7:43 pm

I adore going on this, although I have never been as a VIP. The views are amazing and you can see for so far and spot so much. I will never tire of the view from up there

37. October 10, 2018 / 4:18 pm

I remember going on the London Eye and feeling fine until we reached the top haha! It is a lovely thing to do if you are London though! It’s kind of a must do!

38. October 10, 2018 / 3:56 pm

We have a coca cola eye here in Orlando, and it is so much fun! The one in London looks really nice and like you can get such a view of the city when in it!

39. October 10, 2018 / 3:23 pm

I have been in London. I lived there for 3 years. London Eye beholds many memories to me, good and bittersweet both.

40. October 10, 2018 / 1:59 pm

I think I have been on the EYE before, but it was when I was really little so my memory is NOT the best. My parents SWEAR they have taken me on it before soooooo I guess I have to believe them, kind of like them telling me that they took me to Disneyworld before, yet I don’t remember THAT trip AT ALL!

41. October 10, 2018 / 12:37 pm

I went to London last year but I didn’t get to explore London Eye with London Pass as it did not include London Eye. I should have gotten the London Explorer Pass.

42. October 10, 2018 / 12:37 pm

We absolutely LOVED having you on our Friends & Family Capsule! Hope you enjoyed it. The Merlin Events Team.

43. October 10, 2018 / 11:31 am

I used to call it giant wheel of London. Would like to visit it sometime.

44. October 10, 2018 / 11:26 am

Aww I love the London Eye! I’ve not been since having children, so we need to make a trip there soon 🙂

45. October 10, 2018 / 11:05 am

I didn’t even know it was called the Coca Cola London eye but I need to actually take one weekend and just go explore London since every time I am there it’s jut for legal stuff.

46. October 10, 2018 / 10:44 am

such an amazing view of london eye.. how i wish I could go to london and hv a view of it with my own eyesight.. nice one..