The Coca-Cola London Eye is a major tourist attraction in London and the tallest Ferris wheel in Europe. Located on the South Bank next to the County Hall with Waterloo being the closest station. It offers the tallest viewing point in London after the Shard which is the tallest.
Over 4million people a year visit the Coca-Cola London Eye, with 32 capsules and 30 minutes for the full rotation. Thanks to Merlin Events London, we had an opportunity to experience the VIP Capsule. The experience was surreal, being scared of heights I thought it would be scary, but it wasn’t. In this article, we hope to share everything you need to know about visiting the Coca-Cola London Eye.
Everything You Need To Know
London is an incredible city and I am fortunate to live so close to it and visit whenever. The Coca-Cola London Eye offers its visitor’s at least 25km panoramic view of the city in all directions. This tourist attraction can accommodate up to 800 people it is 32 capsules (25 each) at any one time.
Before you make your trip to London, here are some valuable information you should have handy. Remember, London like many tourist cities can get very busy, planning is required.
- Purchase London Explorer Pass, London Eye is included or can buy tickets in advance online rather than on the day
- Visit during the week, avoid weekends or holidays. Queues can take up to 30 minutes on a good day
- The ride has 32 capsules labelled 1-33, #13 is skipped and it takes 30 minutes. The wheel is 135 metres high, each capsule can accommodate 25 people
- For special events including weddings, hire Merlin Events. They can organise a capsule experience like no other.
- Enhance the experience by hiring a private capsule with drinks and canapes. London Eye opens daily, does shut for maintenance works in January or bad weather.
- You have to go through security before entering the capsule, bags get searched
. Greatpanoramic views, watch out for Big Ben, Westminister Abbey and the Shard.
Coca-Cola London Eye Review
Thanks to the folks at Merlin Events who invited us to experience the private capsule. If you’re early for your visit to the London Eye, you can book a VIP experience. A nice VIP lounge is in the building opposite the eye, champagne is available but not for kids.
Our visit had been arranged for 6 pm, we met our lovely guide at 5.45pm at the VIP desk. We even had some time to check out the VIP lounge where many groups were waiting. When it’s your turn, guides take you to the capsule, for us, it was via Merlin Events guide.
Going through security was quick and easy, then we were assigned a photo ticket. In the end, you can check out your pictures both before and after the capsule ride. Once in the capsule, our lovely guide offered us some champagne (Pommery) and canapes whilst we enjoyed the views. The ride is 30 minutes and to be honest, it felt way too short, I didn’t want it to end. The beautiful thing is you can book two rotations and spend an hour gazing over
We made fun videos, snacked, chatted away and most of all, enjoyed the 360 views of London. Having never been on the Coca-Cola London Eye before I must say, its the best ever. For large groups, we definitely recommend booking with Merlin Events London for great deals. I am definitely taking my mother on the London Eye so she too can enjoy the views.
We were guests of Merlin Events London