Home Office Ideas to Improve Focus and Concentration

What could be better than working from home? No commute through rush hour traffic and no need to dress to impress. You can save a lot of time and money, but working from home involves discipline. The distractions of a busy office can be equalled or surpassed by the temptation of getting some housework done or going for a run. So, it is with this in mind that here we look to offer some tips and advice. Tips on how to improve focus and concentration in the home office.

Home Office Ideas to Improve Focus

Maintain a Daily Routine

The first point to make is that routine is everything and so make sure that you have a daily routine and stick to it. The time that you start and end work is, on the whole, irrelevant.  What is important is that the times are the same each and every working day.

Mark Your Working Territory

We are all creatures of habit and so ensuring that you have a designated workspace is paramount. This means that your home office should be off limits to anyone else who may be at home during working hours.

The home office also needs to contain any equipment and resources you need to get your work done. No wondering around your home in search of the things you need wastes valuable time.

Home Office Ideas to Improve Focus

Home Office Décor

When it comes to decorating your home office, there are a range a factors that are worth bearing in mind. Colour for example, greens and blues are said to improve productivity, while natural light can help inspire and energise you – so try to set up near to a window.

Try to create a balance within the space, an organised and clutter free office works well for productivity and focus. But you’ll also want to have some inspiration dotted around the place. This could come in the form of paintings, house plants or some coffee table books.

Office furniture

It goes without saying that you’ll need a high-quality office chair, particularly if you spend a lot of time at your desk. However, other items of furniture that could really make your office a great place to work include; an armchair where you can read, make phone calls or have a coffee. Plus, you need to consider storage and so some stylish shelves may be a good option.

Home Office Ideas to Improve Focus

Stir the Senses

Many of us are most comfortable working in a quiet environment, but that doesn’t mean there’s no scope for stirring the senses. Scented candles or essential oil burners enhance the space around you and can act to invigorate us.

Focus and productivity come from taking a holistic approach to designing a home office space and one that takes into account factors such as wellbeing, comfort and energy.

Home Office Ideas to Improve Focus

1. Nov 1, 2018 / 10:55 pm

This post came just on time. I will be revamping my office so these are great tips!

2. Nov 1, 2018 / 6:46 am

My home office is a mess right now. Our homeschooling, my office, and bedroom are in one space and there’s too much mess. But as long as I can face my computer, I can concentrate. Of course, as long as the kids don’t keep on bickering.

3. Ruth I.
    Oct 28, 2018 / 8:37 pm

Love all these ideas! I need to do some changes in my home office like the furniture and paint. I try my best to have a routine.

4. Oct 28, 2018 / 10:30 am

Thanks for the wonderful ideas and tips. I am looking forward to designing a home office for myself, and this is going to be of great help.

5. Oct 28, 2018 / 9:04 am

These are great ideas! My desk is such a mess! I don’t have a proper home office yet though but when i do, i’ll remember this post!

6. Oct 28, 2018 / 3:05 am

These are really beautiful home office ideas, I would like to modify my office which is corner in my breakfast area like this

7. Oct 28, 2018 / 12:33 am

What I really need to do is mark my working territory and stick to it. I so often get caught doing other things and not focusing on work. I don’t know why. Having a set space makes it easier to concentrate.

8. Sundeep
    Oct 27, 2018 / 7:14 am

All your ideas about improve focus and concentration is amazing and I am really looking for something like this and see I saw your post on a right time. Thanks for sharing this article

9. Oct 26, 2018 / 9:04 pm

Thank you for this post, I am about to accept a position with a company that would have me working at home 80% of the time so I definitely need a home office. You really helped me figure out what I actually need.

10. Oct 26, 2018 / 7:59 pm

I love these home office ideas! They’re simple, yet very eye-catching. I think that a good office makes you much more productive, as it’s easier to stay focused. 🙂

11. Oct 26, 2018 / 5:59 pm

This is a very helpful post and I intend to pin it to read again. I am planning on creating a designated work area and I needed these tips.

12. Oct 26, 2018 / 1:59 pm

I could definitely use something to improve my focus! Your ideas are all amazing!

13. Oct 26, 2018 / 11:41 am

I love this home office decor. A high-quality office chair is very important and it’s a must-have investment. My back aches if I am not set on the right high-quality chair.

14. Oct 25, 2018 / 10:42 pm

I really need to employ these methods at home. I have no real work structure and it does hinder my productivity occasionally. I’ll try these a see what happens.

15. Oct 25, 2018 / 8:39 pm

great content, thank you for the useful ideas. I use to have a serious problem with this and these are great tips! Thank you for sharing.

16. Oct 25, 2018 / 7:01 pm

When I work, I need it quiet. I hate when my husband has a day off. I need an office like this.

17. Oct 25, 2018 / 6:47 pm

Office furniture to me is key. The more comfortable it is the better I’ll concentrate. Thanks for the tips.

18. Oct 25, 2018 / 6:33 pm

Gorgeous office space! I wish my job would let me work from home!

19. Oct 25, 2018 / 5:17 pm

These are such nice ideas, my office is apparently in the kitchen for now I know not really great but I am planning to change it soon.

20. Oct 25, 2018 / 1:44 pm

These are great tips. I work from home too, and I find it so easy to get distracted at home, especially with my toddler being around. I don’t have a designated desk space except my teaching desk for my online classroom. I need a work desk for blogging and such. I want a pretty space that will make me feel motivated.

21. Oct 25, 2018 / 1:24 pm

What a nice office. I wish I had a home office. I do work from home, but I do all my work from the living room couch. We just don’t have the space for an office, alas.

22. Oct 25, 2018 / 10:29 am

Routine is the only thing that keeps me normal. According to me there is no life without routine.

23. Oct 23, 2018 / 4:34 am

Great ideas! Planning to renovate my office room at home cause I get distracted and sleepy but the mess and all! Thanks for sharing this awesome ideas!

24. Oct 17, 2018 / 11:41 pm

I just need to CLOSE THE DOOR and make sure my husband knows I CANNOT do anything for him right then and there. Orrrr just tell him to go play GOLF – hahaha!