Home Office Wishlist {2018} – What I need

Working from home is a luxury that I am forever grateful for about my job because not many can. Hence why a couple of years ago I invested in a home office space for blogging and my day job. Most 9-5 jobs require you to be in the office majority of the time, whereas mine not so much. Provided I am working as per my contract, I can work from anywhere in the world. But alas I enjoy popping into the office to have human interactions.

Home office

Of late have I have been complaining about my home office no longer being fit for purpose. Mostly because I could do with a new chair (first and foremost), better designed desk and a larger monitor. This is what has prompted me to share my home office wishlist and hopefully my family are reading this. Dont worry about buying new items, I am happy with refurbished ones and I can arrange for a *moving company to collect.

Home Office Wishlist

Before I created a home office space, I used to work from my bed or my living room floor. This was not good for my back, was bad for my eyes and it wasn’t comfortable. I made a decision to create a workable environment at home and it was the best decision ever. But over the years wear and tear have consumed my work station and now I am in need of new items. Here is the items that I need most for my home office.

Home Office Desk

The desk that I currently use I bought from Argos at a good price and it has served me well. But the bottom drawer has now given way and it doesn’t have enough storage for me. Because my seat is not comfortable, I find myself standing behind it to work. But obviously I don’t have a standing desk therefore it makes it awkward bending over.

Home office

Ergonomic Home Office Chair

Working 9-5 Monday to Friday then blogging outside these hours I find myself sitting for long periods. My current chair is another budget item I purchased from Argos which does not support me well. I have always struggled with staying in the seat for too long, often I stand for relief. Since I started researching what chairs I need that provide great back support Ergonomic chairs are first choice.

Home Office Monitors

One thing I love about going to the office is I have two large screens which makes working easier. At home I struggle with just working from my personal laptop which is 10 inch screen size. Not really ideal for larger documents like excel spreadsheets or reviewing contracts. I have recently started connecting my laptop to my TV, this inspired me to invest in a new screen. As it has made working much easier but I still suffer with looking at the small screen for other items.

I have a long list of items that I want to purchase for my office space but for now this is all I will share.  Things like art decor has made my space more relaxing as I stare at pieces from my travels. I also have small plants near my working space which honestly give me life when I get tired of staring at my screens.

Do you have a home office or office space at home?

Home office

*Asterisked link is collaborative

1. October 8, 2018 / 2:36 pm

I wish I had enough space in my apartment for a home office. I share my office space with my bedroom, which isn’t that big but it’s doable for now. I recently bought a new desk and a new chair but I would love to add some wall shelves just to save some space on my cluttering desk . I am working on it though. Great list!

2. Hannah Mitchell
    October 8, 2018 / 2:36 pm

Awwe this is a great idea for office supplies. Thank you for sharing! I love making wishlists so when I get my office set up I will look into all of these ideas. 🙂

3. October 8, 2018 / 2:36 pm

I finally got a designated workspace but I still find myself on the couch with my laptop. I think a stand-up desk may help me though especially when I’m trying to check things and tend to the kids.

4. October 8, 2018 / 2:36 pm

I almost have the same wishlist as you! I’ve got a small apartment but I’ve been meaning to revamp things and make my own cozy home office.

5. robin rue
    October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

I don’t even have an office, so I would love one! I work from my laptop on my couch right now.

6. October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

I have a dedicated home office space in my home. The desk I thrifted and the chair was gifted. I would love to revamp my space though.

7. Blair villanueva
    October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

This reminds me, I need to buy an ergonomic chair! Mine now is just a stool chair which is sometimes very inconvenient 🙂

8. October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

Those chairs are amazing and good for the back. ON my wish list too! I wish they weren’t so expensive.

9. October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

I agree that a large monitor can really make a difference. I just work from my tablet and I find myself always wishing my screen was larger.

10. Gemille Sleweon
    October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

I have a whole pinterest board dedicated to my #OfficeGoals lol. I’d love to have 2 monitors as well. I worked with them during an internship and it makes everything so much easier to do.

11. October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

I hear you on needing new office equipment. I live in a small apartment and we are currently looking for suitable desk and chair so I can create a home office in a spare corner lol. An ergonomic space is essential, as you’ve mentioned, saves your back, your sight and your mind.

12. Jessica Taylor
    October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

I need a new desk so bad! I have absolutely NO space in my bedroom to keep supplies anymore!

13. October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

I started my blog about two months ago and very quickly realized that I needed to have a desk in my home. I didn’t feel as productive when I was banging away at my laptop on my couch or bed.

So I turned my “Lady Parlor” (opposite of a “Man Cave”) into my office. I have a desk and a comfy chair and it has truly made me feel like a boss. #Hustle 🙂

14. October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

I lke my home office and have gotten used to it over many years. I think the most important things you need are a good chair , desk and file cabinets which I need to clear out.

15. October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

I love it now that I have an office at home, I can really work without trying to find a space for it. I still prefer to use a desktop over a laptop though.

16. October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

I don’t have my own official home office, but it would be nice to set one up so that I can focus on my work. These are great ideas.

• October 8, 2018 / 4:57 pm

Thanks Marysa, I think a dedicated space is always nice to have so you can focus but others prefer other areas.

17. candy
    October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

All important items needed for a home office. Get a really good chair for support. Might cost more but totally worth the money for your back.

18. Hannah Marie
    October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

I would love to have everything on the list, haha. That’s awesome that you can work anywhere and still has an office that you can go to.

19. October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

I love my office located in the loft, away from the chaos of the house LOL. Nice list and all are essential for a comfortable functional office.

20. October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

Such a great checklist! You have inspired me to redo my home office! thanks for highlighting all the essentials 🙂

21. Minakshi Bajpai
    October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

I don’t work from home, but with recently taking up blogging I am starting to realise the importance of having a usable and ergonomic workspace!

22. Andrea
    October 8, 2018 / 2:35 pm

these are all such great ideas for working from home.
    i work from home and dont have a space that is just for working. i literally will jump from my bed to my couch and everywhere else. it’s weird.

23. October 8, 2018 / 2:03 pm

A new desk and chair sound like something I need to throw on my list. Finding the right ones (and for the right price) isn’t always easy.