• 13 Winter Fashion Essentials for Women

Lately, the weather has been much colder and that calls for some Winter Fashion Essentials for women. Every woman should have essentials for every season that can be rotated year round. Putting together the Winter Fashion Essentials for women, I had to look at my own wardrobe and what I consider essentials. We are all different, some of us are much colder than others so essentials might differ but not these.

When you start thinking of what should be included in every Winter Fashion Essentials for women, think comfort first. Style can be added later, everyone wants to be warm first and if stylish at the same time then that is a bonus. When shopping for Winter Fashion Essentials for women, make sure they can insulate against the cold weather.

Winter-Fashion-Essentials-For-Women

13 Winter Fashion Essentials for women

Winter might not be for a couple more weeks but the weather outside sure does look more like winter than autumn. Because of that, I thought I share my Winter Fashion Essentials for Women consisting of items every woman should have.

I am someone who dislikes being cold and often I dress like an Eskimo to ensure I stay warm always. But there are times when I want to look stylish and Eskimo attire doesn’t always scream stylish. The items I have compiled below are those that I consider being Winter Fashion Essentials for Women.

Winter-Fashion-Essentials-For-Women

Winter Fashion Essentials for Women – Footwear

I naturally have cold feet which means I always want to stay as warm as I possibly can. Often you will find me bundled up in my thick Christmas socks which have thermals inside them to keep warm. The time when I choose to venture outside, I often reach either of the following footwear to ensure I am warm.

• Knee-high boots –  a favourite pair of mine, I bought form JustFab. With leg warmers, knee-high boots are the best to have when the weather turns colder.
    • Ankle boots – I am a sucker for a good pair of ankle boots and probably own more than necessary. A favourite pair of mine if from Brantano which I have had for a few years now.
    • Rain boots – A few years ago Butterfly Twists sent me some lovely wellies which I consider to be the best rain boots ever.
    • Snow Boots – I have never found a good replacement snow boots since my last pair from Lithuania. In the UK there are not that many companies that sell affordable snow boots that I want to purchase.

Winter Fashion Essentials for Women – Bottoms

I am someone who wears jeans year round as they are such simple yet stylish items. It is rare for me to wear something inside the jeans unless the weather is really bad. But the following items I consider to be essentials for women,

• Skinny jeans – New Look and H&M are my go-to clothing brands for everything skinny jeans. If I was to choose one favourite form each, I would say ankle glazers from New Look and fitted skinny jeans from H&M.
    • Thick warm Tights – when it comes to tights, Primark is my goto shop. I love that they come in various sizes, most can substitute for thermals.
    • Legwarmers – Again Primark has been my favourite shop to get leg warmers followed by New Look. I owned a lot of pairs back in the day and now need to replace.
    Winter-Fashion-Essentials-For-Women

Winter Fashion Essentials for Women – Outerwear

You can never go wrong with the right type of outerwear even in the UK where the weather can be hit or miss. Personally, outerwear is something I am willing to spend a little more money on so it lasts longer. The following outerwear I recommend women have in their wardrobes,

• Puffer coat or jacket – I personally own both and love having these two options. Both are designed to be water repellent whilst being warm at the same time.
    • Wool coats – all the latest trends always have wool coats on their winter collections. I love how stylish Wool coats make the entire outfit look. Definitely recommend a cream, navel or autumnal colours, always a classic to own.
    • Jumpers – these are perfect either alone or underneath a jacket. Often when I am home and don’t wish to turn the heating on, jumpers are my go-to pieces.
    • Sweater Dress – whilst not an outerwear, sweater dresses are perfect for autumn and winter. They can be paired with wool coats or a light open sweater depending on sweater dress material.
    Winter-Fashion-Essentials-For-Women

Winter Fashion Essentials for Women – Accessories

When it comes to accessorising during winter, for me its all about comfort and complimenting the outfit. Though I rarely wear jewellery during the colder months, I will pop on a simple necklace, ring and some earrings. Other must-have accessories include;

• Winter Hats – not only do they protect your hair, but they also keep your heard warm. I am a sucker for a good beanie hat and own a few in different colours.
    • Scarves – you can never go wrong with a blanket scarf or a pashmina. During cooler months I often opt for blanket scarves especially when I am travelling.
    • Gloves – these days the best gloves are those that allow you to operate your gadgets without taking them off. I owned a pair a few years ago but not had much luck since. A good pair of leather gloves never go out of style, brown or black are the best colours to own.
    • Tote Bag – I don’t you about you but the bigger the bag the better for me. Often I prefer open bags so I can pop things in and out easily and Tote bags are exactly that.

Winter is coming, the weather is getting colder every day, do not despair, start getting ready. The best thing to do is prepare both your wardrobe and home in advance of the freezing cold. We hope this post will help with the wardrobe, share your tips in the comments below. For your home, we shared Tips on how to get your home ready for winter.

Winter-Fashion-Essentials-For-Women
    Winter-Fashion-Essentials-For-Women

1. October 23, 2018 / 12:00 am

I love getting the scarfs out and the thick winter cardigans but yes to boots – essential, as well as good socks

Laura x

2. October 21, 2018 / 7:00 pm

I love winter fashion, there’s nothing nicer than a cosy jumper, skinny jeans and a pair of good boots. Great post!

3. October 21, 2018 / 5:54 pm

I have to agree and say that the proper footwear for the cold season is so important. But I’m also a big fan of cozy knit hats and mittens.

4. October 21, 2018 / 1:54 pm

Great article what nice clothing you display. I love winter just for the amazing outfits !!

5. October 20, 2018 / 10:58 pm

All such great winter essentials! Can’t live without scarves or gloves during the cold season. Hats too! Oh and boot 😉 and of course coats! Lolol xo, Suzanne

6. bryanna
      October 19, 2018 / 9:28 pm

I’m desperately seeking a new pair of just below the knee boots – my old ones fell apart at the end of last year and I’ve yet to find a replacement 🙁

7. October 19, 2018 / 6:08 pm

I love shopping for fall fashions. Fall is my fav time of the year. You have suggested some great ideas for fall/winter essentials. The winters here aren’t that cold, so a cool pair of boots and a great jacket or sweater is enough.

8. October 19, 2018 / 12:09 pm

I love shopping for winter clothes, I am a big fan of boots and jumpers compared to dresses and sandals in the summer x

9. October 19, 2018 / 1:17 am

I need a new winter collection. These are some awesome looks!

10. October 18, 2018 / 6:54 pm

I love Autumn and Winter fashion! I’m all the about the hats and boots!

11. October 18, 2018 / 5:55 pm

I am stocking up on some winter wardrobe essentials for us all. I hear it would be a very cold winter.

12. October 18, 2018 / 3:38 pm

Great post! I love wearing boots and cosy knits during the wintertime.

13. October 18, 2018 / 12:47 pm

I love winter fashion, I think its cos I like to snuggle up in big cosy jumpers. However I do love my very comfy Sugar Daddy Rocket Dog boots, matched with a pair of skinny jeans and I am ever so excited to dig them out!

14. October 18, 2018 / 11:20 am

For me footwear is super important at winter, im always making sure I have lots of boots and a super snug coat too xx

15. October 18, 2018 / 8:26 am

I have just invested in some boots and saw a stunning scarf yesterday that I am going back for when I get paid

16. October 18, 2018 / 1:53 am

I dislike winter very much, but do love winter fashion. I have been searching for ankle boots fo two years now. This year, it is a must. Skinny jeans and a pashmina are a must! Thank you fo your winter fashion tips!

17. October 17, 2018 / 11:22 pm

I do love winter fashion, I love snuggling up and putting on my knee high boots!

18. October 17, 2018 / 10:46 pm

I love winter fashion. It’s so much fun to layer up and get cozy while you look super cute!

19. October 17, 2018 / 9:49 pm

I love dressing for Winter, all those layers and chunky knits are amazing. A great list of essentials and I definitely agree about the boots, I live in boots all winter

20. October 17, 2018 / 8:57 pm

You really have covered all of the winter essentials! I am definitely in need of a new winter coat!

21. October 17, 2018 / 8:56 pm

I really need to update my winter wardrobe. I swear by sweater dresses and boots for sure!

22. October 17, 2018 / 8:43 pm

I absolutely love Winter especially all the fab warm clothing I can wear.

23. Lindsey bray
      October 17, 2018 / 7:30 pm

I cant wait to be able to get my scarf and hat out. I love getting cosy and comfortable. I need to go shopping for good pair of winterboots which still loom fashionable.

24. October 17, 2018 / 5:55 pm

Fab list! I never stop buying jumpers, boots and coats this time of year, hoping it doesn’t get too cold though!

25. October 17, 2018 / 5:06 pm

Winter conveys images of hot cocoa and a warm, crackling fire. Add that to my love of boots and leggings and it’s definitely my favorite. Great tips!

26. Ann F. Snook-Moreau
      October 17, 2018 / 4:52 pm

Yes to all this and more! In Canada we need as many layers and cozy accessories as we can get. I love fleece-lined tights for when I want to dress girly but it’s freezing out.

27. October 17, 2018 / 2:19 pm

A good pair of boots or shoes and a jacket is essential as we move into the colder months – but can still be stylish of course. Great list and I love getting my chunky scarfs out

Laura x

28. October 17, 2018 / 12:57 pm

Boots, hats, and scarves are my favorite winter apparel. It’s not quite Winter weather here but it’s definitely gotten colder in the evenings.

29. October 17, 2018 / 12:29 pm

I love to feel warm and cosy in the winter. I’ve just bought a very soft scarf in a lovely light fabric.

30. October 17, 2018 / 11:53 am

I layer up in the winter, and gloves in every coat as I have arthritis in my hands but I wear lots of bright colours to cheer myself up 🙂
      Love Bec 🙂

31. October 17, 2018 / 11:22 am

This post has made me so excited for winter. I love everything about dressing for winter, chunky boots, thick jumpers, hats, scarves! I just love it x

32. October 17, 2018 / 10:03 am

I do love winter fashion – big boots, sweater dresses & thick tights! Some fabulous ideas here, I need to sort my wardrobe out!

33. October 17, 2018 / 1:13 am

As much as I hate to hear about winter clothes so soon,the fact we have gotten snow in both the U.S. and Canada only shows you can’t ignore cold weather gear.

34. October 16, 2018 / 10:13 pm

These are some great essentials I have to admit I love a good pair of gloves and nothing beats a hat and scarf combo!

35. October 16, 2018 / 9:44 pm

Love all of these, it makes me want to go shopping. Wore my winter hat for the first time today.

36. October 16, 2018 / 9:29 pm

I want to get some jumper dresses and I need a new coat so I’ve ordered a few and need to choose one x

37. October 16, 2018 / 5:18 pm

I really need to get some jumper dresses. I love them for the colder months!

38. October 16, 2018 / 3:02 pm

This is such a great list of winter essentials! I’m all about the ankle boots as well, I probably have far too many! Definitely can’t beat skinny jeans and a nice jumper. I also have so many Winter hats – I definitely don’t need them all but I think I’m just obsessed with them!

Lovely post 🙂