Lately, the weather has been much colder and that calls for some Winter Fashion Essentials for women. Every woman should have essentials for every season that can be rotated year round. Putting together the Winter Fashion Essentials for women, I had to look at my own wardrobe and what I consider essentials. We are all different, some of us are much colder than others so essentials might differ but not these.
When you start thinking of what should be included in every Winter Fashion Essentials for women, think comfort first. Style can be added later, everyone wants to be warm first and if stylish at the same time then that is a bonus. When shopping for Winter Fashion Essentials for women, make sure they can insulate against the cold weather.
13 Winter Fashion Essentials for women
Winter might not be for a couple more weeks but the weather outside sure does look more like winter than autumn. Because of that, I thought I share my Winter Fashion Essentials for Women consisting of items every woman should have.
I am someone who dislikes being cold and often I dress like an Eskimo to ensure I stay warm always. But there are times when I want to look stylish and Eskimo attire doesn’t always scream stylish. The items I have compiled below are those that I consider being Winter Fashion Essentials for Women.
Winter Fashion Essentials for Women – Footwear
I naturally have cold feet which means I always want to stay as warm as I possibly can. Often you will find me bundled up in my thick Christmas socks which have thermals inside them to keep warm. The time when I choose to venture outside, I often reach either of the following footwear to ensure I am warm.
- Knee-high boots – a favourite pair of mine, I bought form JustFab. With leg warmers, knee-high boots are the best to have when the weather turns colder.
- Ankle boots – I am a sucker for a good pair of ankle boots and probably own more than necessary. A favourite pair of mine if from Brantano which I have had for a few years now.
- Rain boots – A few years ago Butterfly Twists sent me some lovely wellies which I consider to be the best rain boots ever.
- Snow Boots – I have never found a good replacement snow boots since my last pair from Lithuania. In the UK there are not that many companies that sell affordable snow boots that I want to purchase.
Winter Fashion Essentials for Women – Bottoms
I am someone who wears jeans year round as they are such simple yet stylish items. It is rare for me to wear something inside the jeans unless the weather is really bad. But the following items I consider to be essentials for women,
- Skinny jeans – New Look and H&M are my go-to clothing brands for everything skinny jeans. If I was to choose one favourite form each, I would say ankle glazers from New Look and fitted skinny jeans from H&M.
- Thick warm Tights – when it comes to tights, Primark is my goto shop. I love that they come in various sizes, most can substitute for thermals.
- Legwarmers – Again Primark has been my favourite shop to get leg warmers followed by New Look. I owned a lot of pairs back in the day and now need to replace.
Winter Fashion Essentials for Women – Outerwear
You can never go wrong with the right type of outerwear even in the UK where the weather can be hit or miss. Personally, outerwear is something I am willing to spend a little more money on so it lasts longer. The following outerwear I recommend women have in their wardrobes,
- Puffer coat or jacket – I personally own both and love having these two options. Both are designed to be water repellent whilst being warm at the same time.
- Wool coats – all the latest trends always have wool coats on their winter collections. I love how stylish Wool coats make the entire outfit look. Definitely recommend a cream, navel or autumnal colours, always a classic to own.
- Jumpers – these are perfect either alone or underneath a jacket. Often when I am home and don’t wish to turn the heating on, jumpers are my go-to pieces.
- Sweater Dress – whilst not an outerwear, sweater dresses are perfect for autumn and winter. They can be paired with wool coats or a light open sweater depending on sweater dress material.
Winter Fashion Essentials for Women – Accessories
When it comes to accessorising during winter, for me its all about comfort and complimenting the outfit. Though I rarely wear jewellery during the colder months, I will pop on a simple necklace, ring and some earrings. Other
- Winter Hats – not only do they protect your hair, but they also keep your heard warm. I am a sucker for a good beanie hat and own a few in different colours.
- Scarves – you can never go wrong with a blanket scarf or a pashmina. During cooler months I often opt for blanket scarves especially when I am travelling.
- Gloves – these days the best gloves are those that allow you to operate your gadgets without taking them off. I owned a pair a few years ago but not had much luck since. A good pair of leather gloves never go out of style, brown or black are the best colours to own.
- Tote Bag – I don’t you about you but the bigger the bag the better for me. Often I prefer open bags so I can pop things in and out easily and Tote bags are exactly that.
Winter is coming, the weather is getting colder every day, do not despair, start getting ready. The best thing to do is prepare both your wardrobe and home in advance of the freezing cold. We hope this post will help with the wardrobe, share your tips in the comments below. For your home, we shared Tips on how to get your home ready for winter.