{Lifestyle} Home Decor wishlist.

Home Decor wishlist

For the last few months I have been sharing with you my desire to have my own place and at month my dream came true. I move into my apartment in the next few weeks and I am so excited but as I mentioned in decorating my first apartment post it is a bit daunting. I will be moving into an unfurnished apartment so the possibilities are endless even with my limited budget. Ever since I shared the post on home decors trends that never fall out of fashion I have had a bit of time thinking about what I want to get for my bedroom since in my decorating m y first apartment post I mostly just covered the living room.

Bedroom wishlist

I have not mentioned this about my apartment but it is on the top floor and because its more like an old attic the walls are not all straight so I have to be creative on what kind of furniture and furnishings I need to have in my place. In my bedroom only 1 and half of the walls are straight and the half past is all kinds of crazy shapes. I need a bed, a dresser, side table and washing basket in my room. I am making it clutter free because I know I clutter very easily and takes me forever to clear it up, I am also thinking maybe a shoe rack will be useful to have since I do not want my shoes to be lying in my kitchen/living room area. The main item that I need for my room apart from a bed is a wardrobe and once that will have enough compartments and will cater to my needs. I saw a beautiful, stylish yet simple looking wardrobe that I want in my new place. The minute I saw it I knew I had to have it and it is at such a reasonable price of £103 in Zurleys, I love simple at the same time stylish wardrobes and I can definitely see myself purchasing this one.

What was the first item you bought for your bedroom?

myrabev-signature[wysija_form id=”1″]

Disclaimer: I collaborated with Zurleys to bring you this home decor wishlist regardless all opinions are 100% my own.

1. May 15, 2015 / 7:24 am

Looks like a bedroom I would love! Love the colors and the pieces you’ve chosen.

2. May 12, 2015 / 3:01 pm

I love the colours you have chosen, so unusual for a bedroom.

#UKBloggers

3. May 12, 2015 / 2:51 pm

ooh great picks, I love that bed and the rug! 🙂

4. May 12, 2015 / 1:46 am

Lol the first item i bought for my bedroom was a massage chair!!! lol my son’s father was like are you going to sleep on that lol I said yes!

5. May 11, 2015 / 9:40 pm

Love the colors you chose. And that headboard is gorgeous!

6. mail4rosey
    May 7, 2015 / 4:39 am

I think the pieces you have picked out here are nice. A shoe rack is definitely a must for me too. I don’t like them randomly about the house, or even in one space in the house. They look too messy. That’s especially true with hubby’s work boots and everyone’s running shoes!

7. May 6, 2015 / 11:10 pm

I love the look you are going for with your new bedroom! The aesthetic is modern, simple, and chic yet cozy and inviting! It reminds me of a sleek hotel I’d love to relax in on vacation!

8. Christi Stark
    May 6, 2015 / 5:11 am

I love all the pieces in your image – I think we have very similar aesthetics! Our master bedroom is still probably the least-designed room in our house, just because not as many people see it. My favorite piece of furniture is for sure our bed – we splurged on a great bed frame and it really makes the room!

9. Jennifer Juro
    May 6, 2015 / 5:01 am

I love that rug it is a great little accent piece for any bedroom!! The bed looks so comfy as well! I have been wanting to redo my master bedroom for a while it’s so hard to decide on pieces!

10. MrsMuffinTop ©
    May 6, 2015 / 3:35 am

Oh, that bed is beautiful! The first thing that I bought for my bedroom was my BED! A memory foam mattress, and the best purchase! I’d check out stackable shelves, especially if you have slanted walls. There are lots of cute things that you can do, inexpensively, to create storage and decorate! Good luck

11. MrsMuffinTop ©
    May 6, 2015 / 3:35 am

12. Jeanine
    May 6, 2015 / 12:51 am

You have some great taste! I am loving all your wish list items. Especially that bed. That light is beautiful too. I’m all about teal and grey everything. My two favorite colors. So very pretty!

13. May 5, 2015 / 8:13 pm

Congratulations on getting a flat. I really like that fluffy rug. I’d love to have something like that by my bed.

14. Ashleigh
    May 5, 2015 / 6:12 pm

I love the teal side table! Just gorg! Great post…thank you for sharing! Please come share and link up with me tonight starting at 6p at http://www.wrightsimply.com/search/label/Linky
    Have a great day! xx Ashleigh @SimplyWright

15. May 5, 2015 / 3:54 pm

I still need to figure out how to decorate our formal living room.. two years later and its still an empty space!

16. May 5, 2015 / 2:43 pm

I’m currently in the midst of trying to figure out what I want to do with my room. I just want it all white or all brown. Decisions decisions.

17. May 5, 2015 / 2:20 pm

I could use a couple of things on this wish list for our household, like that bed!

18. May 5, 2015 / 1:56 pm

I think the first thing I bought was my mattress, and then added in quite the eclectic mix of yard sale finds and Ikea pieces to keep the costs low 😉 My last apartment previous to purchasing our home had slanted ceilings, too, and it was so hard to decide what to buy! Ikea was a saving grace, as was the few walls I had that were normally shaped. Shelving is your friend!

19. May 5, 2015 / 1:38 pm

Yay can’t wait to see how you decorate it. I was so scared to decorate my apt when I had one because I didn’t want to pay for anything. I went to a neighbor’s apartment in the complex and it was decked out and it was so homey. She decorated using nothing but IKEA too.

20. May 5, 2015 / 12:44 pm

You have great taste! I love the style and colors of the things you posted. Embrace those slanted walls! My favorite apartment was in the attic of an old Victorian mansion, it had slanted walls and an clawfoot bathtub. I’ve lived in bigger, nicer places, but I’ve never loved one as much as I loved that old apartment.

• May 8, 2015 / 5:02 am

Thanks Sage, definitely will embrace the slanted walls

21. StylishLondonLiving
    May 5, 2015 / 11:45 am

I really love that bed! It’s modern without being too harsh which I really like. I am also really into greys right now so a great fit 🙂

22. Stephanie Merry
    May 5, 2015 / 8:16 am

I love some of the pieces you’ve picked out, especially the bed and lamps x

23. Becky
    May 5, 2015 / 8:13 am

That bed and lamp are to die for!

24. May 5, 2015 / 8:00 am

I love that bed and how you have added the pop of colour the turquoise lamp.

• May 5, 2015 / 11:30 am

Thanks hun, you know my obsession with turquoise/teal etc

25. Bethany Magnie
    May 5, 2015 / 7:46 am

Gray is such a gorgeous, relaxing color. I want to paint my living room the color of that bedspread!

• May 5, 2015 / 11:29 am

I love gray but since I am renting and not buying I will just incorporate in the decor than painting