Personalised Gift Guide

Personalised Gifts

How good are you at giving presents to loved ones? I am one of those people who really suck at giving presents to my loved ones and would rather give money because at least that way they can buy what they want, but money is just money and in most cases does not really show love or concern for the receiver instead it shows last of thought for the receiver. Though I suck at giving presents I very much love receiving personalised presents and for me there is nothing more special or romantic than a personalised present. A special someone started the trend for me that would later change the course of my belief of what a well thought out present is and looks like.

The first time I got a personalised present was from my dad when we were kids and living in Zambia, he went to the store bought some beautiful mugs and then had them personalised with our names. I will tell you from my childhood we did not have much but for me this act from my daddy was worth more than gold and I could not have asked for anything better. Years later when I met a certain someone he presented me with a christmas card which was personalised for me, it had your usual christmas message removed and added a personal poem of everything that a girl could want. I still have all the personalised gifts that followed but that really opened my eyes to how beautiful it is when someone takes their time to create something so beautiful and so well thought out it makes your heart smile.

I want to give a loved one a present that makes their heart smile every time they look at my gift because honestly that is what happens to me when I see the personalised gifts I have. No matter what might be happening at that point in time in my life when I see that gift I am a happy bunny, a smiler.

Please note personalised gifts do not have to cost an arm and a leg, its the thought that counts.

Personalised jewellery or clothes – You could get your loved one’s jewellery and get that personalised with either their initials or a beautiful message. Most people like to personalise watches or necklaces. For a special someone once upon a time I bought bathrobes and had our names personalised on them, till this day I still feel happy when I see the gift.

Personalised teddies – When I was a kid my dad bought me a teddy which I loved to bits, one day we visited a family friend and there child had the same teddy as mine. She later claimed mine which was only a few days old and new belonged to her and that I made my new one dirty, as a kid I was so annoyed and hurt that her parents claimed that I was lying when they knew it was there child who was but my parents told me not to worry they would buy me a new one since then I had always requested to have something different from her so she wouldn’t steal from me. British teddies sells amazing teddies which are so unique it’s incredible. They have all the famous british icons including Sherlock holmes, Robin hood and many more, these teddies are so pretty I think anyone and everyone would absolutely love them. My absolute favourite from their collection is the graduate teddies and police teddies they are just so cute and I think for my nephew I would buy him the historical teddies as a way to teach him about British History in parts.

Personalised phone cases – For a while now I have been wanting to get a personalised phone case both as a gift and for myself. I have a few friends who have personalised phone/ipad cases and they looks so cute and so adorable. A company like Wrappz who is specialised in personalised gifts sounds like a great place for me to start. They are experts in personalising items and with phone cases they cater for all smartphones on the market. I love their phone cases are light-weight, durable and long lasting just what you need in a gift. I also like that you can get your own pictures from Facebook or instagram to create your own phone case or use their gallery of amazing arts to choose a design to suit your taste. Currently they are offering 20% off your order of phone skins, go check out their website and enter FBFAN20 to receive the discount to your purchase.

Personalised Calendar – I absolutely love the idea of personalised calendars. Our first proper calendar when I was a kid we received a church calendar which had personalised with our chief apostle and the apostles it was awesome. Last year I worked with snapfish to create a beautiful calendar with my family pictures and my parents loved it.

Do you like personalised gifts? Do you give loved ones personalised gifts?

myrabev-signature

**image source

1. CourtneyLynne
    May 15, 2015 / 2:46 am

i just love it when I get personalized gifts!!! I’ve never had a personalized phone case. I should get myself one for a gift hehe 😉

• May 15, 2015 / 6:04 am

I love personalised gifts and like you have never had one myself

2. May 15, 2015 / 2:13 am

I love personalized gifts but I feel sometimes it’s hard to know what someone else wants. Like I love things monogrammed, but I know some people who feel it’s so “college”. But I do love your ideas!

• May 15, 2015 / 6:05 am

I think if it’s a loved one you do get an idea but yes it can be hard and sometimes money is the best option

3. May 15, 2015 / 2:00 am

I’m very picky about the amount of clutter in my house so I tend to like receiving money rather than gifts 🙂 But, I have enjoyed personalized gifts, like family calendars.

• May 15, 2015 / 6:06 am

I can definitely appreciate that, thanks Briton

4. Rebecca Swenor
    May 14, 2015 / 12:13 pm

I have always loved the personalized gifts because they are more personal. I love the idea of a personalized phone case which everyone needs now days so I will have to check them out.. Thanks for sharing

• May 15, 2015 / 6:11 am

I agree personalised gifts are more personal and I need a phone case too

5. brook devis
    May 14, 2015 / 11:40 am

I love personalised gifts.they add a unique touch to the gifts and show how much you love people fpr whom you make them.there is something for everyone i guess.

• May 15, 2015 / 6:13 am

I agree there is always something for everyone. Thanks Brook

6. Fi Ní Neachtáin
    May 14, 2015 / 11:19 am

I really love personalised gifts because they’re so unique to the gift recipient. Those historical teddy bears are the cutest thing I’ve seen all day, with a history degree I’d love one of them! 🙂

7. May 14, 2015 / 7:55 am

Great idea! those personalized teddies look so cute! I love the idea of giving personalized gifts, it makes it very special.

8. May 14, 2015 / 6:26 am

I love personalized gifts like calendars and phone cases!! This is a great list of gifts to give!

9. May 14, 2015 / 4:22 am

I love getting personalized gifts, and wish I had more personalized things around the house. Those teddies are super cute.

10. May 14, 2015 / 3:58 am

The personalized teddies looks like a great idea. I wonder if we have something similar to that here. Personalized gifts would really be more appreciated.

11. May 14, 2015 / 2:59 am

lol i feel the opposite about me. i suck at receiving gifts and i feel like i am pretty decent at giving good thoughtful gifts.. took a lot of practice but i learned from a good friend of mine who is like monica from friends and no matter what you do.. she’ll always outdo you. haha the good thing about it though is that i learned to get better at it. 🙂 ALSO i think cash is always a good way to go. it’s always useful 😛

12. May 14, 2015 / 2:34 am

I love personalized items and I think my girls would totally go for that teddy bear!

13. May 14, 2015 / 1:56 am

Personalized gifts are always so much fun. I love that there are so many choices now, too. You can personalize pretty much anything these days! Thanks for the suggestions!

14. May 14, 2015 / 1:28 am

A personalized Teddy Bear would be the perfect gift for my grand niece. You are correct-personalized gifts are the absolute best.

15. May 13, 2015 / 10:08 pm

I love personalised gifts, especially for babies. I often buy personalised items for gifts as I think it shows you have taken the time to think about it and not left it to the last minute

16. May 13, 2015 / 10:00 pm

These are brilliant, I might just need to bookmark this post for future reference..! x

Stephanie | ouistephanie.com

17. May 13, 2015 / 4:36 pm

These are all great ideas! I love getting personalized gifts! Especially monogrammed things! 🙂

18. May 13, 2015 / 4:26 pm

Thank you for sharing great guide on personalized gift. I love personalized because it is really unique.

19. May 13, 2015 / 2:09 pm

Oh, I love receiving personalized gifts! These are great ideas!

20. Robin Rue (@massholemommy)
    May 13, 2015 / 11:26 am

I actually just got my mom a personalized phone case for Mother’s Day and she loved it! I think personalized gifts are the best 🙂

21. May 13, 2015 / 11:20 am

I love personalized gifts. Thank you for this lift. I specifically like the historical teddy bears. I’m a big fan of history and that is why I love traveling so much.

22. May 13, 2015 / 10:36 am

I’m not a huge fan of personalized gifts. Not many things come with my name on it so I’ve learned to hate it.

23. May 13, 2015 / 10:28 am

Very timely with graduations. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

24. May 13, 2015 / 7:38 am

i am the opposite…I absolutely love getting people gifts, especially the ones that I know will really mean something to them. I actually find it more fun to shop for a gift than for myself:-)
    I like the personalised calendar idea, something practical that is used everyday and think of the person that have it to me. Xo

25. May 13, 2015 / 7:28 am

I love personalised gifts. We made up family calendars full of memories as gifts for Christmas and they were well loved.