Summer Holiday must haves

Summer must haves

ok so most of you are fortunate enough to say it’s summer (except for people in the southern hemisphere) and most have been planning on either going somewhere hot abroad or just enjoying the heat in your own back yard. For me it is a little bit different and a bit difficult, you see the UK is known for it’s “Four seasons in ONE day” kind of weather so we could start with some rain, then a bit of snow then the spring feel and before you know it BOOM its summer feel. So it’s very hard to plan and enjoy a “SUMMER” holiday here and do not get me wrong, I am not saying impossible I am just saying hard.

So for those planning to visit our beautiful island (UK) or planning to head abroad for some lovely sun here is an idea for some summer must haves.

Sunscreen – can not stress enough the importance of having skin protection but not just any skin protection make sure the ones you using are made from safe ingredients and not harsh chemicals. Check out this post by lovely blogger Esther of Local adventures.

Straw hat – you can not go out in the summer sun without good head cover and for those of us who love to be stylish a nice straw hear would do the trick.

Camera – In this day and age we are so technologically obsessed that we love to capture everything and with good reason. We want to relive those wonderful memories day in and out also we do not want to miss out on any thing. It does not matter if you’re at the beach or in your back yard capturing family moments is an essential part of our daily lives. There so many options out their to choose from but why not check out these camcorders.

Sunglasses – this is a no brainier but I must remind people, always have your shades handy for those sunny days. I know in the UK we do not have that much sun that requires shades but when we do you should see how we bring it down. Check out this online glasses store for some designer glasses.

Towels – obviously every holiday you need to have towels packed especially if you heading to the beach or just chilling in the back yard with some cocktails or did some one say Pimms?!!!

These are some of the items I love to pack either when I am in my back yard or going abroad to enjoy some lovely summer sun.

What do you include in yours?

myrabev-signature[wysija_form id=”2″]

1. June 19, 2015 / 12:08 am

Thanks so much for including our sunscreen post! <3 I'm obsessed with finding new sunhats these days. 🙂

2. June 17, 2015 / 11:16 pm

Love each piece! I have been looking for the perfect summer hat for a bit now…

3. June 16, 2015 / 10:44 pm

I love the crochet top and the hat. I’m the worst at knowing how to dress when the weather changes that drastically. I live in Texas and we basically only have two seasons a year…kind of cold and hotter than hot. I always pack large sunnies and a fedora for bad hair days.

4. June 16, 2015 / 5:21 pm

I definitely have my hat and sunglasses with me during the heat of summer. The sun is just way too harsh to take on without some protection. Excellent collection of must have things for summer – preparation goes a long way towards enjoying any sunny day!

5. June 16, 2015 / 3:54 am

I agree with all of your picks and add bug spray. Mosquitos just love me! I love that hat, shorts and top – that is such a cute outfit: looks casual but nice – perfect for all day wear.

6. Pamela
    June 15, 2015 / 10:08 pm

It definitely feels like the begining of summer here in Florida. I always forget to put on sunscreen. But, it’s so needed. I definitely think i’ll be investing in a straw hat. Thanks for the tips!

7. June 15, 2015 / 5:44 pm

We have our “bug-out bags” always at the ready, because where we live, the weather is likely to change on a dime too! We always have all of our sun gear, but we also always carry an extra set of clothes for each of the kids. You never know when you’ll want to stop by a beach and go splashing (doesn’t even matter what the weather is like, they’ll go in anyway!).

8. June 15, 2015 / 5:15 pm

I have my sunnies and sunscreen but my head is just too big for a hat. LOL. I’ve tried all types of hats but, this dome says no. Because it’s so hot hear in Abu Dhabi, we usually head to the beach in the fall and winter. We’re hiding indoors during the summer.

9. June 15, 2015 / 1:56 pm

I love those shorts! When I go on vacation I always have to have a camera and a good book! And sunscreen. Always sunscreen!

10. June 15, 2015 / 12:23 pm

I must admit I am not the most fashionable person around, but fashion and combinations of accessories, I do like to see!
    I really like the shorts and can see the versatility to dress them up or down! They are very classy and can see me wearing them too!

11. Tiara W.
    June 15, 2015 / 12:16 pm

I do not go anywhere without my big floppy hat and my sunglasses. They are a MUST to hide from the summer sun!
    Great post!

12. June 15, 2015 / 12:14 pm

I always have to have my iPod and a book on a holiday. There’s nothing more relaxing than laying in the sunshine with a good read and some good music! x

13. June 15, 2015 / 11:53 am