{Beauty} Beach Bag Essentials

Hawaiian

Last weekend boo and I with friends were thinking of heading to Europe for a quick weekend getaway, but because of the issues with the Europe tunnel we couldn’t get tickets for tunnel nor the ferry for the time we wanted. We then settled to spend the weekend in the UK and go to Brighton, the last time boo and I went to Brighton beach was for my 26th birthday weekend getaway. But I had recently gone to Brighton last month to review the Travelodge hotel, regardless since it was time spent together I was happy to go back.

Since the planning to go to the beach was last-minute so was my packing, boo and I do not yet live together so we agreed to meet someone in the centre before boarding the train to Brighton. I knew that whatever I carried to the beach with me should all be able to fit into my backpack. Last year summer I had shared my beach essential items and if I am honest not much has changed I am still carrying sunscreen, towels and sunglasses but what I did not carry for the last-minute change in plan and beach getaway was; hat, sandals nor kindle. I did however carry the following;

Beach towel – It is important to carry a beach towel when going to the beach, I picked up mine several years ago in spain and to this day it is still beautiful and I use it daily as my every day tile.

Vodafone Prime 6 tablet – I gave my iPad away to my dad earlier this year and a few weeks later I got this android tablet. Because I love to read when I can and the beach being the best place to do that I took this tablet with me.

Sunglasses – I always say you can  never go wrong with a good pair of sunnies to protect your eyes when out and about.

Skin protection – Now I have mentioned several times on this blog the importance of protecting your skin when out and about in the sun. What I should have also included is the after sun protection lotion, most of us carry sunscreens but after sun lotion is never something most think about. I have been using Hawaiian‘s aftersun lotion since it was sent to me as part of the BzzAgent earlier this year, it is a nice product which I highly recommend.

Bathing suit – For those who intend to dip into the ocean like I did it’s always nice to pack a nice bathing suit of your choice. I am yet to have the flat ab tummy to wear a two piece bikini so instead I wear a one piece which suits me rather well.

Snacks – Going to the beach can sometimes bring up unexpected expenses and for some reason things at the beach are always expenses. Boo and I were both thinking the same so we both brought some snacks with us and bought some food before we headed to the beach since we knew it would be cheaper. But we did dab into an old ice cream or two.

These are some of the essential items I carried with me for my last-minute visit to the beach.

What do you carry in your beach bag?

signature

1. July 20, 2015 / 1:19 pm

I love the after sun skincare! It is so important to lotion up and take care of your skin during the summer.

2. July 20, 2015 / 1:19 pm

3. July 20, 2015 / 1:19 pm

4. CourtneyLynne
    July 17, 2015 / 4:50 am

Great list of beach essentials!!! Sunscreen is a must these days for me! My daughter is always with me and her skin burns quickly without it.

5. July 16, 2015 / 3:52 pm

I love Hawaiian Tropic. I used to spend every pay cheque on tons of their products as a teen, but recently I haven’t bought anything. These look great, especially for the beach!

6. Rebecca Swenor
    July 16, 2015 / 1:11 pm

This is a great list of beach essentials. I haven’t used Hawaiian‘s products for years but the after sun lotion I may just have to try again. You can;t forget the snacks when going to the beach. Thanks for sharing.

7. Rosey
    July 16, 2015 / 10:02 am

This product would be great for us here in south Florida. I love the Hawaiian Tropic name brand too.

8. July 16, 2015 / 7:34 am

Sunblock, bathing suit and sunglasses would be essential for summer. You can also have the towel and comfortable outfit and slippers on your bag.

9. July 16, 2015 / 7:09 am

Hawaiian Tropic products just scream summer!! They are on the top of my favorite smells. Sounds like you had a good time!

10. July 16, 2015 / 2:51 am

Oh nice! I need some of this. We’ve been spending a lot of time in the sun and I can feel it wearing out my skin.

11. July 15, 2015 / 11:58 pm

I really need to get to the beach! I bet that coconut papaya scent smells amazing and probably very tropical. I too like to make sure it all fits in my backpack. I hate lugging lots of things. Hope you are having an awesome summer!

12. July 15, 2015 / 8:35 pm

It’s always good to have a bottle of this. We love going to the beach and I make sure to reapply every two hours.

13. July 15, 2015 / 8:08 pm

I haven’t been to a beach since heavens I don’t even remember when! When I did go we didn’t know about sunscreen back then –but towels, bathing suit worn under clothes and not much else! We would traipse across the hot sand to get refreshments and did not think about eating until we were on the way home.

14. July 15, 2015 / 5:11 pm

I try to carry as little as possible to the beach, but it never works out having to carry stuff for everyone. If I had my way, it would be pretty much what you have minus the bathing suit – I just wear it under a sundress. I really need to find that coconut papaya lotion. I bet it smells divine.

15. July 15, 2015 / 3:32 pm

This is one of my favorite sun brands. The heavenly smell alone is worth it.

16. July 15, 2015 / 12:44 pm

We have our bags packed and at the ready through the summer, for spontaneous trips to the beach. I don’t usually bring reading material, but as the kids get older, I’m actually able to sit on the beach and relax. I may need to add my tablet to my usual list too!

17. Robin Rue (@massholemommy)
    July 15, 2015 / 11:50 am

We only get about 3 month of summer here and practically live at the beach during those 3 months. I leave all our beach gear in the trunk of my car actually 🙂

18. July 15, 2015 / 9:08 am

I live in South-West Florida, and I frequent the beach pretty often, so I definitely agree – These are always great things to take. I seem to always forget snacks and drinks, and then I’m hungry or thirsty like the second I step on the sand, lol.