{Fashion Monday} Fashion your home: Bedroom

Fashion Your Home: Bedroom

Fashion your home is the name of the game on this blog today, you might remember a post I recently shared about Wardrobe Decluttering and ended up doing more decluttering of the rest of my home too. Decluttering is not always fun but it was for me, I decided to purge all the things that (1) I do not use, (2) have never used (3) taking up space and (4) do not need. But though the upside to decluttering is your home, closet, broom cabinet whatever can now breathe it little easier if not better it also means some parts of your home might be left lacking and wanting (at least in my case). I had gone overboard and decluttered more than was necessary at this point but I am now glad that I did because I can not buy better items which would not be taking up more room than necessary.

Fashion your home

With that being said, I started shopping around and though I am waiting for most to be in the January sales I have started to put some money aside for what I need.

NEW PILLOWS – I have had my old pillows since I moved into my apartment 7 months ago and though for some this is not long enough I feel I need to change them up as I am starting to get neck aches which is affecting my sleep. I have heard a lot about Tempur foam pillows so I am eager to try out this pillow sold via Fishpools.

NEW DUVETS – You might remember that in January 2015 I worked with George Home (Asda part of the Wal-mart group) and I picked up a few beddings which have been good and still are but I need new beddings. Ladies I do not know about you but for me my bed does not only need to be comfortable it also needs to look good and feel good.

NEW SHEETS – Ever since I was young, I have been obsessed with having fitted sheets and normal sweets to be used with the duvets. Until recently I could not sleep unless in my bed I had sheets covering me and then a duvet on top and honestly with the current weather I am going back to my roots. Another reason I loved sheets is if your duvet got too warm but you don’t want to leave your blankets you can always remove the duvet partially but be fully covered with the sheets.

NEW CURTAINS – I have not had to buy any curtains when I moved into my apartment, the landlord left some pretty curtains and I liked them so curtain buying was not on my top list. But now I want to get some curtains or blinds which can offer me total blackout, I mentioned in my Light up your home post how I am particular about lighting so for me black-out curtains or blinds would help eliminate the light entering when it is daylight.

These are the items that I think you and me might need to Fashion your home (my home actually), I have purposefully ignored to add a closet because having my current open closet has actually been the best thing ever instead of a proper closed closet.

How will you Fashion your home this season?

signature

1. December 20, 2015 / 3:06 am

I don’t have a decorating bone in my body so I need all the help that I can get. I tried with my kids room but I was like nope let me hire someone

• December 20, 2015 / 6:06 am

Hahaaha lol, I just throw a few things together. Sometimes it works other times it doesn’t

2. December 16, 2015 / 3:40 pm

This post comes at a great time for me! We’ve moved to our house two months ago and I still struggle to decorate it and make it feel warm and cozy. It is pretty difficult after a move to be ready with ideas for decoration. I just want to make the house feel good for the holidays so the kids will not feel that sad about our old house and old neighborhood. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

• December 16, 2015 / 3:48 pm

You’re welcome and I think take it one day at a time and do what you can.

3. December 15, 2015 / 10:00 pm

I would love to change out the curtains and stuff in our room eventually. It’s tough because my husband and I agreed that separate covers are a must have in our bed. I’m a cover hog apparently.

4. December 15, 2015 / 6:09 pm

I do think a pillow that suits you makes such a difference to the quality of your sleep. Changing ours really helped me avoid back ache.

• December 15, 2015 / 6:46 pm

I agree, I am ready for this tempur pillow as I hear it’s really good

5. December 15, 2015 / 1:43 pm

I have already starrted to fashion my home for 2016. Slowly decluttering each space and working on replacing all towels and bed linens. I find this is the best time to do this because the prices are so affordable with all of the Christmas sales.

• December 15, 2015 / 3:15 pm

I agree everything seems affordable around this time but here they are even more so in January

6. December 15, 2015 / 12:09 pm

I got a new bedding set a while ago for our super king size bed. I don’t plan on buying anything new at the moment. I am on the process of painting the walls in the kids bedrooms.

• December 15, 2015 / 3:16 pm

I think it’s night to start slow and do it one at a time

7. December 15, 2015 / 10:28 am

tbh our whole house needs decorating, and then ‘doing’. We need curtains, cracks filling in, a new front door, porch, carpets downstairs, new living room suite, sofa bed for the back room. Would love to get someone in to just do it because I don’t think I’d ever get round to it. It’s just too big and the OH shows no interest. But we need to fully declutter everything first. CLothes and books done, just the rest now.

Loving that bedlinen in the photo.

• December 15, 2015 / 10:32 am

Oh wow that is a lot to do and probably best to get someone in. Glad you have already started your decluttering

8. December 15, 2015 / 8:02 am

New curtains can really liven up the bedroom. New pillows can lead to better sleep most of the time.

• December 15, 2015 / 8:17 am

Absolutely, thanks Franc

9. December 14, 2015 / 10:31 pm

I’ve always loved chevron stripes and pairing grays with bright colors. I think they go well together. One day my home will look like that! 😉

• December 15, 2015 / 2:54 am

I know what you mean

10. December 14, 2015 / 10:28 pm

I love finding new ways to change up a room!! These are all great choices, I love those curtains.

• December 15, 2015 / 2:54 am

Thanks Tammilee

11. December 14, 2015 / 9:58 pm

I desperately need to redo my bedroom! We are just using an old set of sheets and it is full of a lot of Christmas boxes.

• December 14, 2015 / 10:13 pm

Aww bless am sure after the Christmas boxes have gone you will have time

12. Rebecca Swenor
    December 14, 2015 / 8:08 pm

It feels so good to declutter which I have been doing to my whole house. I would say the things I would love to change are more pillows and curtains to replace my old shades that I have had for years. Thanks for sharing the ideas and I love the colors of your bedroom.

• December 14, 2015 / 8:36 pm

Thank you Rebecca, its always nice to declutter and create space and a breath of fresh air in the room.

13. December 14, 2015 / 7:56 pm

Oh I love new sheets and bedding..especially throws. I love to get new duvets and throws when i can afford it. Angela

• December 14, 2015 / 7:57 pm

I am like you, I love all bedding and when I get new ones I dont want to come out of bed

14. December 14, 2015 / 7:25 pm

I did a huge declutter in September and although things are still better than before I feel like I am due a refresh. I think all the Xmas things, as nice as they are, make things seem more cluttered (along with a full closet of gifts!) I am American so I have always used a fitted and flat sheet as well!

• December 14, 2015 / 7:47 pm

Christmas creates more clutter than any other time. I too love fitted sheets and flat sheets too

15. December 14, 2015 / 6:38 pm

I have also recently done a lot of decluttering. It always feels so good. I love new bedding and re designing a bedroom it gives it a whole new look and feel. We are planning on re decorating our bedroom in the new year. Xx

• December 14, 2015 / 6:40 pm

Isn’t it awesome once you declutter how clean it feels.

16. December 14, 2015 / 6:07 pm

I just got a new duvet with shams not too long ago, and you’re absolutely right! It really freshens up our bedroom and makes it look like we’ve done more than just getting a new duvet.

• December 14, 2015 / 6:31 pm

I know right, thanks

17. December 14, 2015 / 5:50 pm

We really need to settle on a look. I feel like there is something that will fit the space and our style, but it continues to elude my grasp!

• December 14, 2015 / 6:33 pm

Aww bless, hope you find whatever it is

18. December 14, 2015 / 5:36 pm

I love getting new sheets and a new duvet! It can really change the whole look of a room. I definitely need to focus some time on brightening up the house for the holidays.

• December 14, 2015 / 5:47 pm

I know exactly what you mean.

19. December 14, 2015 / 3:39 pm

I’m always trying to spruce up my space! I always think that a nice duvet and curtains make such a positive impact in a bedroom! I could actually use some new curtains in the kids’ bedrooms!

• December 14, 2015 / 3:50 pm

I agree some new curtains, a new duvet all change up the feel of the room

20. December 14, 2015 / 1:32 pm

ooo I would love to redo my bedroom. We recently got a new duvet cover, but nothing else. I’d love to go crazy with the rest, but trying to go slow!

• December 14, 2015 / 2:16 pm

Hahaha go crazy when the mega sales come through

21. December 14, 2015 / 12:53 pm

I LOVE the joy pillow! My comforter is almost exactly like this one shown, but I actually prefer simple, white down comforters. So pretty, though!!

• December 14, 2015 / 2:17 pm

Thanks Alex, I love the pillow too

22. December 14, 2015 / 11:11 am

I’m moving house and threw out all my old sheets and throws, really excited to go shopping for all new things. Nothing beats a fresh, comfy bed.

• December 14, 2015 / 11:17 am

Absolutely nothing is way better than that. Good luck with the move

23. December 14, 2015 / 10:44 am

I’m in the middle of a total redo of my bedroom. It was always the most neglected room in my house, but I want the feel of a luxury hotel suite. And I’ve always loved the gray and yellow combo. So pretty!

• December 14, 2015 / 10:45 am

Oh wow, that’s awesome. Good luck with the renovations

24. December 14, 2015 / 10:27 am

I really love the curtains. I can’t sleep with any light peeping in. Even the cable tv box light keeps me awake. I really could use some dark curtains

• December 14, 2015 / 10:32 am

I know what you mean hence why I don’t have tv in my room and hardly have laptop or phones in with me

25. December 14, 2015 / 6:25 am

I really want to update my bedroom even just new accent pillows. I do like the idea of new curtains, that may give our old bedroom set a fresh look

• December 14, 2015 / 6:30 am

I know what you mean, I can not wait to start giving my bedroom a new look.