Five Things #1

Five Things, a series I have seen on fellow blogger Rhian’s site which she does weekly. I always enjoy reading these posts on her site and I wanted to do it on my blog. Today I remembered and here I am attempting to have a go at my very first. Regular readers know my track record with series. The ones I have created myself I still follow, the ones others create I don’t always. So let’s see how I fair with this series

five things

Five Things I Did This Week

• Saturday I went on my driving lesson, the instructor was impressed with my parking skills. They still need some work but will practice more with a family member soon.
  • Tuesday I went back to the gym after missing it for almost two months. Somehow I seem to have lost weight according to the scales. Until someone reminded me that muscle is heavier than fat, ah well I was happy for a moment.
  • Wednesday I again went back to the gym and the effects of that class I am still feeling today. I love this class ‘Body Pump’ its all weights and it’s lovely, helped me lose some weight.
  • Thursday I managed to coordinator my boss’ boss and new vendor, manage my work and not lose my sh*t. I also managed to score in some gym time early in the morning.
  • Thursday I went to dinner with my boss’ boss, we had a lovely chat and was good to know her better. We went to Wildwood Kitchen were we had the best dinner ever, I enjoyed my spaghetti with king prawn accompanies by Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer, very much-needed.

Five Great Things To Happen

• Wednesday I finally managed to finish and submit one of my assignments for university, very happy.
  • Tuesday-Thursday, though I am still sore and in pain I enjoyed being back in the gym. Exercise is good for the soul and I workout almost as much as I enjoy my food.
  • Wednesday, my new autumn ankle boots that I purchased from F&F Tesco Clothing finally arrived.
  • Monday-Thursday, my page views increased big time (not huge for some) and I couldn’t be happier. I am back on top of my blogging game.
  • Saturday till Friday I thank the lord all the time for my life, the people in it.

Five Things Which Sucked

• Wednesday was the last day for my boss and I didn’t even get a chance to speak to her. It’s like she disappeared and I have no idea where to from here in some respects.
  • Tuesday – Friday, I have so busy at work running around like headless chicken.
  • Saturday, my instructor suggested I get more practice with family for confidence but I have no one here me.
  • Friday, I am so sore from the gym I can hardly move.
  • The weather has gotten colder which is too be expected but still sucked

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Concentrate on finishing my university assignment due in exactly two weeks today, I have the title but nothing much.
  • Prepare to attend my modules in Southampton for university and read the provided material
  • Catch up on emails in the evening for work and for the blog so as not to get behind.
  • Visit my parents, I have not seen them since before I went to South Africa in September. That’s almost 2 months now and I am missing my mummy plus daddy can give me free lessons.
  • Remember to book my gym classes Sunday or Monday morning, it sucks that you can’t book more than 2 days in advance.

And there you have it, my first attempt at Rhian’s Five Things Series. I am hopping to continue this type of posts but will see how I get on and my schedule.

How has your week been and what’s your plan for next week?

1. Kira L Curtis
    November 1, 2016 / 8:48 pm

I love these five things posts! They are such a nice way to round up your week! I’ve been wanting to try out some gym classes like body pump! I know metafit is quite good 🙂

2. Hannah Heartss ❄️⛄️
    October 31, 2016 / 4:08 pm

Good for you for going back to the gym! I love these posts x

3. October 31, 2016 / 3:38 pm

My mummy used to do body pump and she felt rotten afterwards! She want good at parking either….still isn’t! 😉

4. Ayesha Farhad
    October 31, 2016 / 12:42 am

I went in and saw the boots! They look gorgeous! Ive been meaning to buy a pair too but just havent had the time!
    So glad youre holding on to gyming! Ive had an off week but i am back too!

5. October 29, 2016 / 5:03 pm

What a fab idea for a post! It sounds like it’s been a great week – I really hated my driving lessons but it sounds like you are doing well! Parking is a pain in the bum! haha

• October 29, 2016 / 7:10 pm

It’s been a great thanks

6. October 29, 2016 / 7:54 am

Sounds like a mostly fabulous week. I really need to get back to the gym. I hope your assignment goes well. x

• October 29, 2016 / 11:59 am

Thanks hun, hoping to get this assignment quickly

7. October 28, 2016 / 10:45 pm

Fab post. Great blog post idea. Cupcakes and Cashmere does this too.

• October 29, 2016 / 11:59 am

Ah ok cool

8. Clairejustineo
    October 28, 2016 / 9:34 pm

Lovely post. I really need to get back to the gym!! Aww sorry to hear about you missing seeing your boss on her last day. It would have been nice to say goodbye ..

• October 29, 2016 / 11:58 am

It would have been good to say goodbye but it didnt good that way. I will message separately later

9. October 28, 2016 / 8:45 pm

This is a great post idea. Body Pump and Spin are my absolute favourite classes. In fact, I’d love to train as an instructor for both. Look forward to the next one of this series! Good luck with the Uni work and the driving :o) x

• October 29, 2016 / 11:52 am

Thanks Kat, I love spin class as well it was awesome but have not found a class tha is as good as the one before.

10. Jayne
    October 28, 2016 / 7:32 pm

Lovely idea for a post.
    Well done for doing so well on your driving lessons.
    Have a lovely time with your parents 🙂 x

• October 29, 2016 / 11:50 am

Thanks so much Jayne

11. Erica Price
    October 28, 2016 / 6:27 pm

I love the idea of this series, although I know that some week’s I’d have loads to write and others not a lot. Sounds like work is a bit unsettled, hope it’s more settled soon.

• October 29, 2016 / 11:47 am

I hope it settles soon too, some weeks are busy and some are not.

12. Natalia Molinero Mingorance
    October 28, 2016 / 5:51 pm

that’s a busy week, congrats for getting all of that done! I also like the Body Pump class 🙂 oh, and I’m glad you are planning to see your parents, I’m sure you’ll have a great time x

• October 29, 2016 / 11:44 am

Thanks Natalia, yes my parents where surprised but happy to see me

13. Joanna
    October 28, 2016 / 4:10 pm

I enjoy reading these types of posts but don’t join in as my weeks are pretty boring. Looking forward to seeing them ankle boots.

• October 29, 2016 / 11:42 am

Awww I am sure they are not at all boring but thanks

14. Mellissa Williams
    October 28, 2016 / 3:37 pm

Can’t wait to se those ankle boots! Sounds like you had a busy week. I need to start back exercising too

• October 29, 2016 / 11:41 am

I should take pictures of my ankle boots, they are awesome

15. Bintu - Recipes From A Pantry
    October 28, 2016 / 3:37 pm

16. Little Steps
    October 28, 2016 / 2:53 pm

I do enjoy Rhian’s five things too and also enjoyed reading yours! Must have been awful not being able to say goodbye to your boss, maybe send her an email? Looking forward to reading more of your posts. x

• October 29, 2016 / 11:41 am

Thanks luv, yes I am thinking of sending her an email on Monday as I am sure she needs the weekend for her family and close friends

17. October 28, 2016 / 12:13 pm

You seem to have fit so much in. I have been home all week due to half term but have had appts with my consultant, physiotherapist and aim to increase my movement little by little x

• October 29, 2016 / 11:40 am

It’s not until you write it all down that’s when you realise who much you’ve managed to do. You were fairly busy yourself