Give your Father a treat this Father’s Day

Father’s Day is a customary day proposed by the Catholic Church for celebrating fatherhood. It’s been dated back to 1911 where many tried to adopt this catholic celebratory day. Every single year I feel Father’s Day is becoming more and more commercialized and losing its full meaning. This year rather than spending a fortune on a presents, why not make it a family day out. There is no shortage of activities to make it a memorable day not just for Dad but for all of the family.

Here are just a few suggestions that you can utilize this Father’s Day :

Visit a National Trust venue and event

Across the country the National Trust have venues that will be holding events from classic car exhibitions to historic re-enactments and festivals of food with musical accompaniment. Whatever the venue it will be of great historical interest and the featured events will entertain the whole family. Facilities are usually very good at venues and all ages are usually catered for. For details of events go to: (https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/fathers-day-events) There will be fees for those who are not already members of the National Trust, and certain events may also require additional costs.

Driving experiences

Why not give Dad a chance to drive the way he’d really like to? There are a variety of driving experience gifts that can make this Father’s Day full of memories that will last a lifetime. Starting at just £49 for an hour’s off-road driving to a reduced price of £120 for the chance to drive no less than five supercars, there are a wide variety of driving experiences available across the country. As Dad gets behind the wheel, the rest of the family can enjoy watching and make a day out of the trip. Information here: (https://www.redletterdays.co.uk/) and select driving from the categories list.

Take it to the beach

It doesn’t have to cost money to give Dad a great Father’s Day with his family. Weather permitting, get a picnic together or take food for a portable BBQ and head for a pleasant beach. The day can be taken at everyone’s pace, the sea, sand and beach activities will entertain everyone, and there will be plenty of opportunities to photo-calls. Costs can be kept low, especially if there is a beach nearby. This is just one of the suggestions to be found here:( https://www.netmums.com/activities/fun-fathers-day-outings)

Play an Exit Game

For the more adventurous family who want to share an exciting experience and find their way out of a locked room within the given time limit, Exit Games offer chances to do just that across the country. There are a number of centres that offer the chance to play Exit Games. Fees will vary. Find more information here:( http://exitgames.co.uk/)

Taste of London Festival

The last day of this event falls on Father’s Day. The day will feature celebrity chefs doing their thing, tasting experiences, opportunities to brush up on culinary skills, exhibitions of artisan cookery and produce and a host of other events and demonstrations. There are of course a number of excellent restaurants to stop and refuel on and around the site. The day is split into sessions, and then tickets are priced according to the sessions chosen. Prices start at £28. Information here:( https://london.tastefestivals.com/about/)

*Collaborative

1. June 18, 2017 / 7:12 pm

I agree that events like Father’s Day is definitely becoming overly commercialized but that is Capitalism for you. I agree that something like a day out or experience package is a much better idea x

2. Baby Isabella
    June 17, 2017 / 10:20 pm

I’m treating my daddy to a festival experience tomorrow. Totally agree that it’s getting over commercialised x

3. June 17, 2017 / 12:37 pm

These are some brilliant fathers day treats, I think we might go to the beach

4. Donna
    June 17, 2017 / 11:18 am

Great ideas for a family day out. I am not religious but I love my Dad and I love all the commercialism that goes along with the day. It’s fun .

5. Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes
    June 17, 2017 / 9:43 am

Some fab, unique ideas for Father’s Day. I love the idea of visiting a National Trust venue, but the weather is looking good this year so maybe a trip to the beach!

6. June 17, 2017 / 5:05 am

What fun ideas for Father’s Day. In or family we always go out to his favorite restaurant, I make something lemony for dessert, and then we retire to the basement for a game (or two) of pool. x

7. June 16, 2017 / 9:39 pm

We are planning on buying a year’s membership to the National Trust – There are so many great NT venues around the country and you can get your money back on car parking alone! Great present ideas.

8. Teresa Bowen
    June 16, 2017 / 5:12 pm

My father was never keen about a fuss being made of him so Father’s Day was never really celebrated. A card and a home-cooked meal was enough for him.

9. Natasha Mairs
    June 16, 2017 / 2:36 pm

I think my dad would love a ticket to the National Trust. I would love to go and play some Exit games myself

10. June 16, 2017 / 12:52 pm

These are some great ideas. My dad doesn’t really celebrate father day. So I just buy him a card and that it. Ok that making me sound mean – I do visit him as well. xx

11. Jennifer Eastwell
    June 16, 2017 / 10:15 am

I like the idea of visiting a National Trust event 🙂 I will bear that in mind for next year as I have already got gifts!

12. Becca Talbot
    June 16, 2017 / 1:54 am

I’ve got my dad a t-shirt and a card, but we don’t go all out for these kinds of days. Christmas and birthdays are the only ones really. That said, he probably would like the driving experience you mentioned above, so will book mark it to get him next year for his birthday x

13. June 16, 2017 / 12:35 am

Some great ideas here, I’m treating my Dad for a meal out on Father’s Day! xo

14. Melanie
    June 15, 2017 / 11:07 pm

I did not know fathers day was introduced by the catholic church. The driving experience is a winner for sure 🙂 x

15. Nayna Kanabar
    June 15, 2017 / 10:23 pm

I am sure the driving experience would be well received. All the gift ideas are really good.

16. June 15, 2017 / 6:17 pm

These are some awesome ideas, my Dad would absolutely love a driving experience he is such a fan of getting to try out different cars oh and speed, he loves speed.

17. June 15, 2017 / 4:11 pm

Some great ideas here but I have to admit I’m still stuck! My dad is so hard to buy for. He has like, no hobbies and interests haha!

18. Joanna
    June 15, 2017 / 2:36 pm

Some great ideas here I’ve not sorted what we are doing for fathers day yet however I’ve got a gift all sorted for my hubby from our son.

19. Hannah Latoya Bond
    June 15, 2017 / 10:40 am

Some great gift ideas here. I’m still trying to find something to get my dad