Strawberry Tours Review – The Harry Potter Tour

Harry Potter is franchise worth over $25 billion created by an English writer J.K. Rowling. The Harry Potter books are one of the most known fantasy novels turned into movies and loved by many. Whether you’ve read the books or just seen the movies, the point is everyone knows about them.

Recently, thanks to Strawberry Tours we had an opportunity to join the free Harry Potter tour in London. As always with events, I love taking a plus one with me who is often my sister. Taking her along is never a freebie as she too has to give her initial thoughts on the event in question. With that being said, here is what my sister thought of the free Harry Potter walking tour.

The Harry Potter Tour

As my sister mentioned above, the Harry Potter franchise is so huge almost everyone has heard of it. I am someone who’s only heard of Harry Potter, I never watched or read any of the books. Wizardly programs weren’t my thing, but I still found the tour interesting, informative and educational. I found that the tour gave me that extra push and information I needed to take an interest in the franchise.

Friends in the past have told me to watch or read the books but honestly thenit wasn’t my thing. At least that’s what I told them, I have been hesitant, but I see this opportunity as a chance. A chance to jump on the Harry Potter band wagon and to see this incredible series for myself.

Our free walking tour was booked for 11am Sunday morning, meeting place was Leicester Square. It is advised to arrive at least 10 minutes before the tour for registration and get the ‘safety talk’. London is a busy place and it’s safer to know how to stay safe during the walk.

Strawberry Tours Free Walking Tour

We arrived at the meeting point on time, then walked across London from Leicester Square to Charing Cross. It was a cold wintry morning, but we expect nothing less from the British weather and it showed its true colours. Rain! Oh, Sweet rain but thankfully it was mostly towards the end of the tour.

Our guide for the Free Walking Tour was called Will and we found him to be knowledgeable, engaging and thorough. I feel as though I’ve been given the back story or the incentive to watch Harry Potter. I will definitely be watching Harry Potter, I am not promising to watch the entire series BUT it’s a start. And I want to be able to pick a house to belong to, for now my sister says that Gryffindor. As someone who has never watched or even seen the series, this doesn’t make sense to me.

The tour time was almost 2 hours long, but it went so quick it felt as though it was only a 20 min walk. To my fellow Harry Potter novices, I would recommend this tour! It’s free, it’s in London, why not get the first-hand experience and walk these locations for yourself. The tour includes all the places the inspired J.K Rowling to pen the series.

Disclosure: There was no monetary exchange, the tours are offered free to the public.

1. Suzanne Spiegoski-Decamps
    December 24, 2017 / 12:53 am

What a fun Harry Potter tour for fans. I’ll be sure to share this with friends.

2. Terri Beavers
    December 23, 2017 / 5:18 pm

I haven’t seen a movie or read any of the HP books. But I love going and seeing new places so would love the tour I’m sure.

3. Emmanuel Damian
    December 22, 2017 / 10:34 am

The Harry Potter tour seems really interesting! I’m a HP fan since high school and I really want to take part!

4. Heidi Schilling Fowler
    December 21, 2017 / 6:06 pm

My family are die-hard Harry Potter fans. We would love to do this tour! We’re going to London this summer. I hope you can fit that in! I had no idea it existed. Thank you!

5. Hannah Marie
    December 21, 2017 / 1:01 pm

I am like you, I haven’t watched or read any book about it. That tour sounds interesting and fun!

6. Thảo Nhi
    December 21, 2017 / 11:59 am

A big Potterhead like me has completely fallen in love with this! J.K Rowling has always been my idol and I’d love to know her source of inspiration for all those amazing masterpieces! Thanks for sharing!

7. Soon Joo Uh
    December 21, 2017 / 5:37 am

I’m big Harry Porter fan! The 2 hour tour must felt like short! I really would love to take the strawberry tour because I would love to know J.K Rowling inspiration for all books.

8. Ophelia Tang
    December 21, 2017 / 4:21 am

I love Harry Potter and this tour sounds great. I would love to try it. Thanks for sharing.

9. December 21, 2017 / 3:14 am

This tour sounds amazing, I am a huge Harry Potter fan and definitely a Gryffindor gal. I wish I could take this tour too. It sounds like you both had a great time.

10. Claudia Krusch
    December 21, 2017 / 2:27 am

I would love to take the Harry Potter tour in London. I would love to read your review after you watch the movies. I am glad you had a great time.

11. Holly B
    December 20, 2017 / 7:25 pm

That sounds like so much fun! This trip would be like the ultimate experience for Harry Poter fans.

12. December 20, 2017 / 1:45 pm

This would be perfect for Harry Potter fans. I never got into the books, but my daughter would want to do this. I’d do it for her! Plus, the fact that it’s free is a bonus.

13. December 20, 2017 / 1:41 pm

We are big Harry Potter fans! I had no idea that such a tour existed, but I have to say if I find myself ever near, I will sign up to take it.

14. December 20, 2017 / 12:08 pm

I must say I’m not really a fan on Harry Potter and haven’t done the tour but my son is getting interested in it and so maybe I will soon be forced to take hi to one of these.

15. Alicia Potts
    December 20, 2017 / 8:24 am

I have done this tour and it was so much fun. my daughter was 11 at the time and really enjoyed it.

16. Lauren Kunin
    December 20, 2017 / 7:42 am

I think that it’s cool something like this exists. And it’s good that you could go and not know much about Harry Potter, and still find it interesting. It would be a really cool experience to have and it’s free!