5 gifts of Love for him – Valentine’s Day

Valentine’s Day is only a few weeks away and I have 5 gifts of love that I think any man would love.

When it comes to gifting my love for whatever reason I always think, what does he need more than what he wants. I apply this to the other men in my life: brother and father, I believe in giving practical gifts than superficial ones. A colleague and I were joking this week because for Christmas one of the gifts to his wife were tyre mats for her car. I call that being practical though I am glad he also got her something else because being practical shouldn’t replace romance completely. This year for the 5 gifts of love for him, I thought I share what the men in my life actually prefer. Yes all these are practical items but we’ve thrown in some romance so we don’t forget the love aspect of Valentine’s Day.

5 Gifts of Love for him

Whenever I am sharing my gift guides I am always mindful that not everyone can afford them. Or might not be looking for material gifts but something and I try to be inclusive because the idea is to give you inspiration. But I also know I can inspire everyone, it is the circle of life, with that in mind, here are the 5 gifts of love you can give him;

Cook together

Now for some this is already an everyday thing but for others it could prove to be quite romantic. It’s cheaper, you can cook your favourite dishes as many or as little as you want. You could also make the dessert or maybe buy a nice one so you can focus on the main dish. Another idea is to attend a cooking class together and learn something new or perfect your baking skills. I have always enjoyed cooking together as it gets you closer and is loads of fun.

Gift of time

Normally I would be thinking maybe a wrist watch from some luxurious brand or something. This year in the name of practicality I opted for a personalised wall clock which I designed on *bags of love. If you remember I worked with bags of love last year and loved the personalisation of my chosen gifts. The system is so easy to use, I was done in a couple of minutes because I knew what I wanted it to look like. Not all men like the lovey dovey personalised gifts so I made it more neutral that he would be happy to use it year round.

Be adventurous together

Every couple has something they have always wanted to do together but haven’t had the time or the resources. You can be adventurous by doing something expensive like gliding or flying in a helicopter or affordable like Go Ape. I am not the most adventurous person unless traveling is involved and I am game 99% of the time. The other 1% might require a bit of Dutch courage to help me alone especially with adventures involving heights.

Smart over casual

I have mentioned that this year I took the liberty of asking the men in my life what they would like for valentine’s gift. It didn’t take long before each came back to me with smart shirts from *Avail London and *Dobell something new for work. The men in my life can rock both smart and casual but this year they want more smart than casual outfits. Having worked with Dobell last year we know the quality of the men’s wear and are pleased with the shirt. The texture of the shirt is really nice and strong, the design is simple yet elegant. The same is true of Avail London who has impressed us with the look and feel of the shirt. My brother doesn’t own many white smart shirts and his loving it.

Watch a movie at home

Whilst I think is important to; be adventurous, buy practical gifts and break bread together, relaxing together is just as important. Not every dude wants to be in a spa or at home, but everyone loves a good movie at home. The most romantic thing one to give to the other is their time and attention. Most parents know movie night can be arranged but often ends in both or one falling sleep on the other. It might not be the most romantic one person falling asleep, it’s lovely being able to spend that time together.

And there you have it, my 5 gifts of love for him gift guide. For those that celebrate, what kinds of gifts are you giving this year; your time or something practical or romantic?