{Fashion Monday} Knee High Boots – Winter Essentials

What are some of you Winter Essentials? Does your list include knee-high boots like my list? Though I love ankle boots big time, this year the winter has been a bit colder than usual and I need extra pampering.

Winter Fashion - Knee High Boots

When winter arrives most of us pull out our winter woolies and hibernate for months. Most of the time, being fashionable in the cold if not the first thought that comes to mind. And rightfully so, we all want to stay warm and comfy and there is nothing wrong with that. Over the last couple of years I made it a point to put some effort into my outfits. The effort came int two folds; adding colour and being stylish and intention with my looks.

For me winter often screams darker colours like black and bald colours like grey and green. It is easier to dress to match the mood of the weather but I decided to add colour. This was all in hopes of changing the mood within me and around me. At the bank the other day, a woman stopped me because of my brightly coloured outfit. She said, “I am happy to see someone being colourful and cheerful, makes me happy“. This definitely made my day and confirmed my resolve to add colour to my life.

When it comes to being stylish, I had to practice intention through and through. I rarely plan outfits of what I wish to wear the day before, often I chose in the morning. But even then, I became more intentional in my choices of outfits I chose. Be it for work or for our weekly girls night out dinners, this has definitely being a huge thing for me.

Knee high boots

Knee High Boots – Winter Essentials

Part of being stylish and practicing intention is by working with the weather. I am a summer baby and would rather it was summer always, maybe autumn too. For me I like wearing light and loose clothes, sometimes this works against my structure. I think wearing loose clothing mostly stems from having a padded mid-section I call the beer belly. So far no exercise has been able to get rid of it so now I work with it.

Speaking of working with it, part of my winter essentials of knee-high boots which I have 4 now. Those who know me know I love my ankle boots more than knee-high boots. But of late I have found a way to style them, which has given me more confidence. I have been trying making different looks this winter testing out my knee-high boots. Just last week I wore skirts and cropped trousers to work, this never happens. Never in winter at least but now I am working it big time.

What is your preference when it comes to boots; knee-high or ankle boots? How do you style your both knee-high boots and ankle boots. I often pair each with skinny jeans, chunky jumper or hoodie and winter coat.

1. February 4, 2018 / 3:43 pm

I know exactly what you mean, I have been loving knee high boots this winter and can’t get enough of them

2. Amila Wickramarachchi
    January 25, 2018 / 2:10 am

I don’t have experience with winter weather because in my country,it is always hot.But I always like these stylish boots.The one with lace is really attractive and fashionable.

3. January 24, 2018 / 7:25 pm

I have always loved winters mainly because of all the cool winter clothes and such cool boots! But, unfortunately I live in Mumbai where it’s literally never cold!! So, most of the time, I just watch these boots on blogs! Loved them. They remind me of Monica’s boots in FRIENDS! 😀

4. Hannah Anderson
    January 24, 2018 / 4:30 pm

Both my mum and I love knee high boots. Luckily we have the same size feet so I’m forever wearing her’s! Haha. Love the tan coloured ones x

5. Andrea Broom
    January 24, 2018 / 2:03 pm

I love high boots. I have yet to get some this year. I love seeing all the different pairs of high boots everyone wears. It inspires me to dress and change up my look.

6. January 24, 2018 / 1:22 pm

My wife loves knee high boots, and I think the grey ones in that picture would be perfect for her style. She always finds it hard to style winter clothes, because a lot of them just aren’t that nice, in her opinion. But those boots could be great!

7. January 24, 2018 / 10:44 am

oh see I love my knee high boots and have about 7/8 pairs in various colours I wear them day in day out

8. January 24, 2018 / 5:37 am

I love how you wear bright colors in the wintertime! I try to do the same to keep my mood cheerful. I am a huge fan of knee high boots, and just boots in general. In the winter, I’m either in my Hunter boots on the farm, my riding boots around town or my heeled boots out to eat. That’s life in New England, but I try to spice it up with something cute!

9. January 24, 2018 / 4:38 am

I love knee high boots, and they are a serious winter staple for me. They pair so well with everything from skirts/dresses, to denim. Love the selection you chose!

10. January 23, 2018 / 6:26 pm

I have my regular pair of black go to boots that look like Uggs I suppose, Like the classic regular version I guess? I also have a pair of dark brown boots like the ones you have pictured with the laces up the front, I love to pair them with my skinny jeans or even some leggings with a cute pair of ruffly socks or something to add color.

11. January 23, 2018 / 3:37 pm

I pretty much live in knee high boots during the winter months. I have so many pairs to suit a variety of outfits. I love them with long flowing dresses and skinny jeans. So easy to dress up or dress down