{Fashion Monday} Knee High Boots – Winter Essentials

What are some of you Winter Essentials? Does your list include knee-high boots like my list? Though I love ankle boots big time, this year the winter has been a bit colder than usual and I need extra pampering.

Winter Fashion - Knee High Boots

When winter arrives most of us pull out our winter woolies and hibernate for months. Most of the time, being fashionable in the cold if not the first thought that comes to mind. And rightfully so, we all want to stay warm and comfy and there is nothing wrong with that. Over the last couple of years I made it a point to put some effort into my outfits. The effort came int two folds; adding colour and being stylish and intention with my looks.

For me winter often screams darker colours like black and bald colours like grey and green. It is easier to dress to match the mood of the weather but I decided to add colour. This was all in hopes of changing the mood within me and around me. At the bank the other day, a woman stopped me because of my brightly coloured outfit. She said, “I am happy to see someone being colourful and cheerful, makes me happy“. This definitely made my day and confirmed my resolve to add colour to my life.

When it comes to being stylish, I had to practice intention through and through. I rarely plan outfits of what I wish to wear the day before, often I chose in the morning. But even then, I became more intentional in my choices of outfits I chose. Be it for work or for our weekly girls night out dinners, this has definitely being a huge thing for me.

Knee high boots

Knee High Boots – Winter Essentials

Part of being stylish and practicing intention is by working with the weather. I am a summer baby and would rather it was summer always, maybe autumn too. For me I like wearing light and loose clothes, sometimes this works against my structure. I think wearing loose clothing mostly stems from having a padded mid-section I call the beer belly. So far no exercise has been able to get rid of it so now I work with it.

Speaking of working with it, part of my winter essentials of knee-high boots which I have 4 now. Those who know me know I love my ankle boots more than knee-high boots. But of late I have found a way to style them, which has given me more confidence. I have been trying making different looks this winter testing out my knee-high boots. Just last week I wore skirts and cropped trousers to work, this never happens. Never in winter at least but now I am working it big time.

What is your preference when it comes to boots; knee-high or ankle boots? How do you style your both knee-high boots and ankle boots. I often pair each with skinny jeans, chunky jumper or hoodie and winter coat.

1. February 4, 2018 / 3:43 pm

I know exactly what you mean, I have been loving knee high boots this winter and can’t get enough of them

2. Amila Wickramarachchi
    January 25, 2018 / 2:10 am

I don’t have experience with winter weather because in my country,it is always hot.But I always like these stylish boots.The one with lace is really attractive and fashionable.

3. January 24, 2018 / 7:25 pm

I have always loved winters mainly because of all the cool winter clothes and such cool boots! But, unfortunately I live in Mumbai where it’s literally never cold!! So, most of the time, I just watch these boots on blogs! Loved them. They remind me of Monica’s boots in FRIENDS! 😀

4. Hannah Anderson
    January 24, 2018 / 4:30 pm

Both my mum and I love knee high boots. Luckily we have the same size feet so I’m forever wearing her’s! Haha. Love the tan coloured ones x

5. Andrea Broom
    January 24, 2018 / 2:03 pm

I love high boots. I have yet to get some this year. I love seeing all the different pairs of high boots everyone wears. It inspires me to dress and change up my look.

6. January 24, 2018 / 1:22 pm

My wife loves knee high boots, and I think the grey ones in that picture would be perfect for her style. She always finds it hard to style winter clothes, because a lot of them just aren’t that nice, in her opinion. But those boots could be great!

7. January 24, 2018 / 10:44 am

oh see I love my knee high boots and have about 7/8 pairs in various colours I wear them day in day out

8. January 24, 2018 / 5:37 am

I love how you wear bright colors in the wintertime! I try to do the same to keep my mood cheerful. I am a huge fan of knee high boots, and just boots in general. In the winter, I’m either in my Hunter boots on the farm, my riding boots around town or my heeled boots out to eat. That’s life in New England, but I try to spice it up with something cute!

9. January 24, 2018 / 4:38 am

I love knee high boots, and they are a serious winter staple for me. They pair so well with everything from skirts/dresses, to denim. Love the selection you chose!

10. January 23, 2018 / 6:26 pm

I have my regular pair of black go to boots that look like Uggs I suppose, Like the classic regular version I guess? I also have a pair of dark brown boots like the ones you have pictured with the laces up the front, I love to pair them with my skinny jeans or even some leggings with a cute pair of ruffly socks or something to add color.

11. January 23, 2018 / 3:37 pm

I pretty much live in knee high boots during the winter months. I have so many pairs to suit a variety of outfits. I love them with long flowing dresses and skinny jeans. So easy to dress up or dress down

12. Emmanuel Damian
    January 23, 2018 / 1:52 pm

My gf prefers knee high boots (brown ones) then leggings or skinny jeans. She says it looks sexy on her.

13. Lavanda Michelle
    January 23, 2018 / 11:41 am

I love to wear my knee-high with skinny jeans and a nice sweater. I prefer knee high boots over ankle boots.

14. jennifuchs
    January 23, 2018 / 10:12 am

I have knee high Autumn boots, in Winter I’ve mostly been wearing thick sheepskin boots which aren’t quite as high. Or knee high wellies with wooly socks, in the recent weather we’ve been having!

15. Dee Jaye
    January 23, 2018 / 10:03 am

I actually have a pair of over the knee boots in purple. I really like the tan one and am thinking of getting a new one in that colour.

16. Laura Dove
    January 23, 2018 / 9:35 am

Ooh gorgeous! I love knee high boots but I do sometimes struggle due to having small calves, I hate baggy boots!! I love the tan suede ones!

17. Cecile Blaireau
    January 23, 2018 / 8:20 am

I like black boots with comfy heels so that I can walk around a lot 🙂 the brown ones are cool

18. Hannah Marie
    January 23, 2018 / 5:59 am

I love having boots to wear with jeans and sweaters! I have 1 black pair and 1 brown pair so they match with just about everything I own!

19. Ruth I.
    January 23, 2018 / 5:14 am

Knee high boots are a must in winter!! I have lost count with how many are in my closet (I have a slight addiction!)

20. January 22, 2018 / 11:41 pm

Hands up I have never owned a pair of knee high boots, but they really seem to be coming into fashion this year. I am absolutely loving the black pair with the laces.

21. January 22, 2018 / 11:12 pm

I love wearing new high boots but I have to wear a specific type otherwise they fall down LOL. But I still love them nevertheless especially if they are in my favourite colours like burgundy and blue x

22. Lisa Jackson
    January 22, 2018 / 9:47 pm

Knee high boots or ankle boots with jeans and a chunky knit is pretty much my autumn/winter uniform. I love the look x

23. January 22, 2018 / 9:41 pm

I own a pair of knee high boots but they have rather high heels so i haven’t worn them in ages. I would need a pair of flats!

24. Bethany Maysie Sibley
    January 22, 2018 / 8:14 pm

I’ve never worn knee high boots, but if they keep my legs warm and also allow me to enjoy going out in the cold maybe I should buy some (love the styles in the pictures)

25. January 22, 2018 / 8:01 pm

I just love these boots, they are very stylish! I need a pair for this winter

26. rachbblogs
    January 22, 2018 / 7:31 pm

I love winter boots! To be honest I often wear boots rather then shoes. I have lots of different colours and i’ve just brought a grey knee high pair which i love!

27. Beth @ BethinaBox.com
    January 22, 2018 / 7:02 pm

I love knee high boots. I have a pair that I love and have worn them almost to death. I think you’ve inspired me to buy a new pair. 🙂

28. January 22, 2018 / 2:42 pm

i think i have commented on this post but seems to be missing. oh well. i said i wish i could wear these types of boots in my country. it looks so chic and fabulous. but don’t think i can, plus the price here is …. over the roof.

29. Jessica Taylor
    January 22, 2018 / 2:28 pm

I wish I could wear knee high boots! I am so short that I feel like they make me look much shorter than I am! Maybe I just haven’t found the right pair yet?

30. Helen Jacob-Lloyd
    January 22, 2018 / 2:08 pm

I love knee high boots, but can struggle with getting ones that fit well. I therefore mostly have ankle boots 🙂

31. January 22, 2018 / 1:39 pm

These are some fabulous boots. I don’t have any knee high ones as I basically live in my sneakers, but my daughter does! She loves her boots sparkly! (But she’s 10, so..)

32. Talya Stone
    January 22, 2018 / 1:03 pm

I have to say I do love knee high boots but actually most of the time I wear ankle boots as I just find them easier to wear and put on when I’m in a rush for the school run. But if I had more time I’d have a whole cupboard full of the above picks!

33. January 22, 2018 / 12:54 pm

Oh the versatility of knee high boots, this is the only winter where I haven’t gotten myself a new pair of boots but it’s all good I still have time to look for some nice picks.

34. January 22, 2018 / 9:13 am

I’m definitely an ankle boot girl these days – I struggle to find a knee high boot that will fit my rather chunky calves! I do love them though, they work so well for winter outfits and always seem to dress them up a bit somehow.

35. Tracy Morgan
    January 22, 2018 / 8:20 am

I’ve only ever owned one pair of knee length boots and they were white 70’s style boots about 20 years ago! haha Love these though, especially the grey ones – perfect for this cold, snowy weather!

36. January 22, 2018 / 6:34 am

Honestly, I have never worn a pair of knee high boots, I’d always wear high-cut ones. But I would love to own stylish ones such as those, though I live in a tropical country. 🙂