What to pack for a winter city break

What do you pack when you’re off on a winter city break? What are your go to items that you swear by? I know many would be asking why even bother going on a winter city break? I mean seriously why bother with a winter city break?

Living in the UK whilst working a 9-5 job can become monotonous pretty quickly, eh-go winter city breaks. Besides Europe is at our finger tips and we would be silly to wait on warmer weather to visit. Plus the best city deals are during winter when everyone else is hibernating. Everyone knows summers are often expensive so a city break is ideal for those of us traveling on a budget.

I am off to Prague this Friday and thanks to Czech Inn I have somewhere warm to stay during my visit. Whilst Prague City Tourism will be taking me around the wonderful city to fill my hunger thirst soul. I am super excited for this visit as it will be my first city as part of the #Take12Trips for 2018. I love setting myself travel challenges and if 2016 #Take12Trips is anything to go by, 2018 will be awesome.

What to pack for a winter city break

What to pack for a winter city break!!!

As you can see when I start talking about traveling I completely forget why the reasons I am sharing this post.  Recently I was reading this article on what one must take on a snow holiday and it gave me an idea. I wanted to share what items one should pack when going on a winter city break.

Whenever I am off on a city break, I have essentials that I often pack and will be taking with me again. There are some items I am hoping to remember for this upcoming winter city break to Prague.

Jeans and thermal leggings!!

Jeans are my go-to items that I always pack with me and never without, what can I say! I am a jean loving girl and have plenty to go round. Thermal leggings are ones that somehow I tend to lose and they go walk abouts every winter. I will be picking up a couple this winter for the upcoming trip.

Coat and Jumpers!!

Obviously anyone whose experienced the British weather knows its wise to always have a coat or jumper. I often have back ups in the car just in case, as was the case when I was off to Rome end of November. When it comes to winter coats I have a few trusted ones and recently picked up a couple of jumpers.

Winter Boots!!

I have several pairs of boots but not sure any can be classified as winter boots but they do the job. Winter boots are a must as I learnt on my first visit to Prague in 2016 so this year I will be smarter. I have been eyeing a couple of online and hoping to get one before my trip.

Accessories!!

One thing I am never without are my trusted scarves and plenty do I have its crazy. But I wouldn’t have it any other way as they keep me warm as act as blankets at airports. Though when it comes to gloves and hats I seem to lose them every single month. I am definitely in the market for a new pair and will be browsing the festive sales.

Essentials!!

Now that you’ve packed everything that will keep you warm, how about what will protect the body. I am thinking chap stick, hand cream and moisturizing body oil no one likes the dry skin. On top of that you would have packed your toiletries bag as well as your documents. I also pack a hot water bottle as its my best buddy when traveling during the colder months.

Tip: Make sure to wear the heavy clothes and pack the lighter items to save space!!!
Pin it!!!

pack for a city break

1. Karlee
    January 4, 2018 / 12:57 am

Good note about the chap stick! This post has me wanting to go on a vacation! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

2. January 3, 2018 / 11:06 pm

Those boots look amazing and so warm and comfy! The jumpers look so cozy too! Great picks 🙂 x

3. Lavanda Michelle
    January 3, 2018 / 11:01 pm

I use this entire collection. You have a great eyes for style.

4. Louise Smith
    January 3, 2018 / 7:19 pm

Ooh, I absolutely love your picks. Those jumpers are right up my street <3

Louise x

5. Adaleta Avdic
    January 2, 2018 / 9:44 pm

That beanie is too cute! I totally think beanies are essential in cold weather.

6. January 2, 2018 / 7:55 pm

Such a great checklist of essentials! Love these sweaters; such gorgeous and feminine details!

7. Latoyia Dean-Dennis
    January 2, 2018 / 7:54 pm

Everything is super cute. I love the sweaters and jacket. I feel blessed that I don’t need those boots in Texas. But it is a super cute wardrobe.

8. January 2, 2018 / 3:39 pm

I love the jacket! Great tips.I am now dreaming about going on a winter city break!

9. mail4rosey
    January 2, 2018 / 3:33 pm

You are starting the new year out the right way! Prague is a wonderful city to visit! We take winter breaks when we can too. It is a lot cheaper to travel in the cold than it is during season!

10. Emmanuel Damian
    January 2, 2018 / 2:27 pm

I love the boots! It looks very handy for winter. I’ll tell my gf about this list.

11. KGR
    January 2, 2018 / 1:38 pm

A very helpful packing post, for me thick socks would be a must as I always get cold toes! I really love the jumpers in your infograph though!

12. January 2, 2018 / 11:51 am

I love a good packing post. We are heading away on a ski holiday in March and I will definitely be needing some of the items that you have listed here. Enjoy your trip x

13. Jenny Kearney
    January 2, 2018 / 7:58 am

Lucky you, Prague sounds wonderful. It can be tricky to pack for a winter break but these ideas are spot on.

14. Bex Smith
    January 1, 2018 / 11:06 pm

I think you’ve certainly covered everything you would need to pack. Enjoy Prague, I’ve heard it is an amazing city

15. January 1, 2018 / 9:03 pm

Haha I am the type of person to always be freezing cold because I am never dressed appropriately for the weather. I like the sound of the pink beanie and the pink jumper at the top x

16. January 1, 2018 / 8:57 pm

I love a winter city break for just my husband and I but it is a few years now since we’ve had one. You definitely need a good cosy hat and gloves if you are staying in Europe though. Happy New year, Mich x

17. January 1, 2018 / 8:46 pm

These are all lovely items! I cannot stand being cold, so I try to pack as many things to keep me warm as I can.

18. Jay Colby
    January 1, 2018 / 8:19 pm

Happy New Year! Wearing layers are always a plus for the winter!

19. January 1, 2018 / 8:06 pm

Love thermal leggings, because Lord knows how I hate winter and any sort of cold that would make my ears go numb, I love the winter boots too.

20. Nellwyn
    January 1, 2018 / 7:53 pm

Thermal leggings and layers are key in the winter. I hate having to pack my winter boots but where I live and do most of my travelling they are pretty much essential this time of year.

21. January 1, 2018 / 4:30 pm

i am always so bad at packing for winter! summer is easy but winter… this guide is great! it is going to help a lot!

22. Rose Mont
    January 1, 2018 / 12:56 pm

Yes, all things warm is essential for a winter pack. I don’t know how cold it is there but winter time here requires a through planning. I would Def take advantage and visit as much as I could while in the area and not just wait till it warmed up. You can experience different things in different seasons anyway. Of course off season and cheaper is always good.

23. January 1, 2018 / 9:49 am

I love that pink jumper it really is beautiful, perfect for exploring in winter x