With Spring in the air, it is not only women who have to think about having a Spring Fashion Capsule. Men as well need to think about transitioning their wardrobes from Winter to Summer weather. I know this is not for everyone as most men don’t often think refreshing their wardrobe until the item is completely finished. But for those fashionable men out there who like to put in an effort, here is an idea of what to include in your wardrobe. We have put together a men’s springtime Fashion Capsule for all our male readers. But before we get into that, here is how you can prepare your wardrobe for Spring.
Things to-do to prepare the wardrobe for Spring.
- Declutter – sort out the clothing, see what you can donate, what needs to be binned and what can be saved. This is also the perfect time to try on times that you bought but never wore. Items that you haven’t worn in over a year so be binned or donated.
- Organize – decluttering will help you to assess of what’s left, what should go where. Winter clothes should be packaged nicely to the back of the closet and bring to the front Spring and summer pieces.
- Update – once you’ve sorted the clothing and donating or chucked some, you will know what new pieces you need. Maybe you threw away a couple of t-shirts, this is the perfect time to add a couple.
Like women, most men are very fashion forward and often try to mix and match up there pieces. Last month we shared what dressing against the norm says about you, it should limit you. Whilst some people use fashion as a well to find their identity, that shouldn’t be the limiting factor. I am a strong advocate in learning about your body, what pieces will look good but also defying the orders. Fashion to me looks better when it feels better both inside and out, your confidence seeping through your clothes.
Men’s Springtime Fashion Capsule
Springtime is basically the lesser winter and lesser summer weather combined and this trips people over. Most end up with dressing too warm and sweat and others not enough and end up freezing. It can be hard to find the balance sometimes but I am all for pieces that can be adapted. I for one would rather be too hot and be able to take off items than cold and freeze to death. Here are some pieces we’ve included the men’s springtime fashion capsule that you should consider.
- Sweater – very handy items to have in your closet and so easy to style. Most men don’t feel the need to wear coats in spring so a good warm sweater would solve the problem.
- Jeans – can be worn all year round and be styled how you like.
- Light jacket – a must especially rain proof ones as they come in handy in the British weather.
- Hat – whilst it’s not exactly cold it’s not exactly hot either so makes sense to keep some heat that you’re losing.
- Scarf – always a stylish piece to have in your closet
As I mentioned in the Spring 2018 Fashion Capsule, Spring is a time of rebirth and regeneration. It’s start to refresh your wardrobe, whether multi purposing or buying new items for the new season. Whatever you decide, make sure it is pieces that you can utilize throughout the season. Pieces like a scarf, denim jacket and jeans can also transition into the summer months.
Apart from shoes like trainers and boots, what else would you include in your springtime fashion capsule? What items do you often reach for whenever spring comes along?