Hosted Dinner in the Oxfordshire Countryside

Picture this, being invited to a hosted dinner in the English countryside and served mouth-watering French dinner. I don’t think hosted dinner could ever get better than this, home cooked meals are my favourite. Often I travel home just so I can taste my mother’s cooking and dive into my incredible baked goodies.

hosted dinner in Oxfordshire

Sophie is a talented French lady residing in the incredible Oxfordshire countryside with her son and husband. Back in France, she attended cooking school for 4 years before venturing into working in a hotel years ago. Whilst working in the hotel industry she realised there was more to life and made a career change. She went back to university and studied International Business which she pursued a career in. But even with all this happening, she always made time to host dinners for her friends and family. Her love for offering hosted dinners prompted her to start All-Chefs-LTD where she offers private dinning.

Hosted Dinner in the Oxfordshire Countryside

The entire idea behind All-Chefs-LTD was to encourage other mums to cook a good meal at home. She herself as a working mum understands only too well how touch it can be to cook meals every night. Mums were so many hats and complicated dinners are not something highly welcome. Sophie offers cooking classes for mum, about 6 mums per class so its much easier to encourage 1:1 interaction. She wants to help fellow mums learn how they too can cook healthy and good meals for their kids.

What I love about Sophie is that she is a well-rounded person and she needs stops wanting to grow. In her own words, she feels starting All-Chefs is like her other projects that encourage personal development. I like this because it is important to find activities that will help you to develop both in your personal life and professional life too.

hosted dinner with all chefs

What you should know about All-Chefs

Apart from being a small business run by a mum for mums {but inclusive to all}, it brings people together. Sophie hosts the dinners in her home, therefore the environment is relaxed like you’re in your own home. What really impressed us is the fact that Sophie buys all her products from Waitrose {respectable brand} and meat from local butchers. You should also note that:

• The fee per guest is £30 and is inclusive of the entire menu including the Champagne
  • Details of the private dinning is emailed after booking has been made
  • Dinners are hosted between 7.30pm through to 10pm
  • Groups can be as big as 8 persons and small as 2 persons
  • Dinner is French foods
  • Host speaks; English, French and German
  • You can find her on Eat With.

All-Chefs-LTD –> Menu

When you arrive at the house, your greeted by a very smiley Sophie and if you’re lucky her son too. Upon entering the dinning area where she hosts the dinners, you’re welcomed with a glass of champagne. The decor of the dinning room is incredible, it’s very relaxing and so welcoming. Enjoy the aperitif which is served soon after you’ve settled into dinning area. The apertif consisted of Olives, cured pork (French sausages) and Sardines. Whilst it was all delicious the Sardines mixed with lemon, mayonnaise, herbs and olive oil was my favourite.

Next came the starter of Quiche Lorraine paired with a salad, the best I have ever had. Quiche is not my favourite kind of food but at Sophie’s house I cleaned the plate. This was a first for me because I rarely even ever try to eat Quiche but I dared and glad I did.

Moving on to the mains, I had chosen boeuf bourguignon paired with mashed potatoes. Another well executed meal, I licked my plate and was full to the bream, great portion sizes. What I loved about Sophie’s set up is she takes into consideration your dietary needs. Plus she is also a very creative cook so always has ideas up her sleeves.

The Conversations paired with Dessert!!

Where women are gathered great things happen, especially gossip but alas we replaced it with dessert. We had choice of chocolate mousse or crepes, I love me some crepes so it was crepes ahoy. The crepes were made with almond milk served with homemade Nutella, whipped cream and jam.

Our dinner was scheduled for 7.30pm but as none of us are good with directions we got lost. But Sophie found us and the hosted dinner was underway around 8pm. Since then we found ourselves, enjoying the food, engaged in conversation until almost midnight. It was a great night, Sophie made us feel welcome it was like chatting to a long-lost sister.

The overall experience was incredible, we had so much fun and highly recommend it. I have a few French friends and this is by far the best hosted dinner I have ever attended. Thanks Sophie for hosting us and thanks Winsze for letting us tag along.

**You can read Winsze’s review HERE.

*We were invited to a private hosted dinner with Sophie, all opinions shared here are our own.

1. May 19, 2018 / 9:13 am

What a treat – this looks fabulous! #Getmoorefromlife

2. Laura
    May 12, 2018 / 2:34 am

This sounds like a good time together. I really like the idea of moms supporting moms.

3. May 11, 2018 / 1:26 pm

I totally love it!!! The location is super grand. I would so love a hosted dinner too. The photos are beautiful by the way.

4. May 10, 2018 / 11:04 pm

Sounds like a very nice experience. Fresh homemade gourmet food and beautiful English countryside, what could be better than this.

5. Angela Ricardo Bethea
    May 9, 2018 / 3:51 pm

That looks like an awesome experience for you and I think that you really enjoy it. and the food looks really delish.

6. May 9, 2018 / 2:20 pm

I have never heard of a hosted dinner but it does sound like a lot of fun

7. May 9, 2018 / 1:49 pm

Oh wow what a lovely idea!! We did something similar to this last summer and it was lovely to be able to enjoy a meal we hadn’t cooked!

8. May 9, 2018 / 9:43 am

What a fabulous idea and experience, sometimes we all just need a little bit of encouragement and direction to cook. The food looks so yummy and price is reasonable too.

9. May 9, 2018 / 6:32 am

Sounds like you had a wonderful dinner! The price is very reasonable, plus it comes with champagne too!

10. May 9, 2018 / 5:49 am

An evening that sounds like a dream. What a wonderful way to try new foods and meet new friends! Hoping someone would start something like that around here… BB2U

11. May 9, 2018 / 1:46 am

This is what is called the best of both worlds. English countryside combined with some exquisite French cuisine. That sure is life. Nice to see the homely ambience of the place. Nice place to head out for dinner and relaxation.

12. May 8, 2018 / 4:27 pm

You did a great job! We don’t host parties and get togethers as much as I would like to, but I need to make more of an effort.

13. May 8, 2018 / 3:30 pm

Oh this sounds lovely – great food with great conversation, perfect! Also I am a massive crepes fan so that would get my vote straight away!

14. Reesa Lewandowski
    May 8, 2018 / 2:29 pm

What an elegant location! I love the menu options! Thank you for sharing!

15. May 8, 2018 / 11:21 am

This is amazing how could you not love this idea. Im a dreadful cook but adore entertaining so this is something i would love 🙂

16. May 8, 2018 / 10:55 am

such a great and different experience. a great alternative to spend an evening. if her quiche changed your mind, it would defintiely change mine as I’m the same as you

17. May 8, 2018 / 10:37 am

what a treat! I love the idea of doing this with a bunch of pals x

18. May 8, 2018 / 6:57 am

Who wouldn’t want a homecooked dinner prepared by no one other than a mom! You already know that’s a going to be a good dining experience! Thanks for sharing your experience!

19. Crystal
    May 8, 2018 / 2:37 am

What a wonderful experience. Even the atmosphere looks so inviting! I bet everything was just delicious!

20. Bonnie G
    May 8, 2018 / 2:18 am

Sounds like you had a great dinner. I would love to have dinner at a place like that.

21. May 8, 2018 / 1:39 am

That is such a lovely location. Any dinner there would be very spectacular!

22. May 8, 2018 / 12:02 am

Oh my goodness the sound of being able to have someone cook delicious food for me and be able to see breathtaking countryside views sounds like an absolute dream to me. I am definitely hungry now aha!

23. May 8, 2018 / 12:01 am

That looks like such a beautiful place to enjoy dinner. I am glad that you were able to experience this dining location. I would love dining out there, looks cozy and elegant.

24. May 7, 2018 / 10:11 pm

Sounds like a great way to meet new people and try some really good food. I love the story behind All-Chefs-LTD and how she is committed to helping others prepare healthy meals for their family.

25. May 7, 2018 / 8:45 pm

This is such a nice idea although I don’t know how comfortable I’d feel going to someone else’s house who I didn’t know x

26. May 7, 2018 / 8:42 pm

I would love to do something like this. I’m a huge foodie and attending a hosted French dinner in the English countryside would be a dream come true! Looks and sounds like a lovely experience.

27. May 7, 2018 / 8:19 pm

Oh this place looks fantastic. What a wonderful looking place and I’m sure the atmosphere matches too! 😀

28. robin rue
    May 7, 2018 / 4:17 pm

That sounds like such a great experience. The food all looks delicious and I love the atmosphere there.

29. May 7, 2018 / 4:11 pm

It would be nice to dine in this kind of great venue every once i a while. It sounds like you really found a great place and were treated like royalty.

30. May 7, 2018 / 2:26 pm

What a lovely idea and such a different way to have a date night without the stress of having to cook yourself

31. May 7, 2018 / 11:42 am

Sounds like a lovely experience! I’m vegan so doubt there’d have been much for me to eat, but glad you enjoyed your meal.

• May 7, 2018 / 11:52 am

She actually adapts the menu to fit your dietary requirements and is open to discussion so don’t remove yourself just yet.