Family Adventures: Glamping Packing List

Glamping is the more glamorous version of camping and to be honest I prefer glamping to traditional camping. Like camping, glamping is a great way for a family to bond and make lasting memories. When you go glamping you can have all the mod cons available but for maximum enjoyment, it’s best to limit the mod cons.

Spending time with family has to be one of the most important things to do in a person’s life. This year summer has been several times better than in the last few years which we are all happy about. It’s been such a long time since I last had a proper family break together but I wanted to change that. Because most of my family and I have never been camping, we opted for something a little more glamorous.

Glamping Packing List

Family Adventures to the Lake District

Our family is one tight niche, we love spending time together and often found on phones chatting. It is unfortunate that we all live far away from enough other but that doesn’t stop us from being close. As I mentioned it has been far too long since we last spent time together as a unit. I stumbled upon a nice deal on Groupon to book a glamping hive for the family in the Lake District.

Regular readers will know, the Lake District has been on my bucket list for the longest time. I did not hesitate to book the deal and luckily my family were eager to go glamping too. As a family, we’ve never stayed in a hive before nor have been glamping together. I, however, had an opportunity a few years back to go Glamping in Slovenia. Now that I have a little more experience glamping, I thought I share a packing list of essential items to take.

Glamping Packing List

When travelling anywhere I make sure to pack items that will be essential at my destination. But I also make a point of research in advance to find out what I can get away with not taking with me. Glamping whether abroad or local is no different, know the essentials to pack and what’s already available.

Depending on what type of glamorous camping you’ve booked you might need a few more things. As we stayed in a hive, I will share some essentials to pack and what you can get away not taking. It is also important to read up on the campsite and understand how it operates. We stayed at the Wild Rose Holiday Park in Cumbria in the Lake District, here is what we packed;

Sleeping Gear

As we were sleeping in a hive, certain items were provided already and we just need to bring a few. Make sure you check with the glamping site what is already available and what you need to bring. We had to bring;

• Beddings and duvet – for a fee you can use theirs.
  • Pillow – need to protect your neck
  • Sleeping bags – we didn’t need this as we had sofa beds
  • Earplugs – a campsite is always loud

Clothing Gear

As we were spending more than a day there it is important to pack extra clothing, we packed;

• Hoodies – at night it does get cold, I recommend *Vetements hoodies.
  • Shorts – no one wants to be sweating
  • Blouse – better than t-shirts in warmer weather
  • Trainers or other flat shoes – unless hiking is included pack appropriate shoes.
  • Sunglasses – always protect your eyes

Glamping Packing List

Toiletries

Whatever type of travel you undertake, you always need to pack your toiletries unless provided. We packed;

• Toothbrush and paste – oral care is important
  • Body cleansers and lotion – always moisturise your body
  • Face cleanser and moisturiser – face is no exception
  • Sunscreen – especially in this heat, always wear sunscreen
  • deodorant and perfume – no one likes to be the smelly one
  • wet wipes – without water use them to wipe down

Gadgets

Often when you go camping or glamping, you’re going off to reconnect and not be on social media. But it doesn’t mean you can not pack essential gadgets, here is what we packed;

• Mobile Phones – most of us use our mobile phones as cameras as well, so we took ours partly for that. But as a blogger at the end of the day, I do sit down and check through my socials as well as my blog.
  • Portable charger – There is nothing like being stuck in the middle of nowhere without power to charge your device.
  • Camera – even though I use my phone lots for pictures, I also take a bit with my canon powershot.

If you’ve ever been glamping or even camping, what are some of the essential items that you packed?

*Asterisked link is collaborative

1. July 13, 2018 / 10:24 am

I don’t think I could ever go full-commando camping. But glamping is something I have on my radar. Thanks for the packing list 🙂

2. Jeanine
    July 13, 2018 / 3:24 am

I’ve never gone glamping before. I wouldn’t have a clue what to pack so I love that you created a list! Now I’d love to go glamping!

3. July 12, 2018 / 5:43 pm

I’ve never been clamping but I’ve always wanted to. I am going to have to plan something for this year!

4. Ruth I.
    July 12, 2018 / 4:55 pm

I love the idea of glamping but really don’t have the courage to do it. It is not so common here.

5. July 12, 2018 / 4:39 pm

This is easily my favorite way of camping. It is an escape, but I don’t feel so disconnected!

6. July 12, 2018 / 2:38 pm

While the idea of true camping has never appealed to me, I might give this glamping a try. This checklist is a great start for a would-be first-timer like me.

7. Janet C
    July 12, 2018 / 11:24 am

Glamping is definitely more up my alley than roughing it. We have gone camping multiple times and we love getting outdoors.

8. July 12, 2018 / 3:24 am

I’ve never been glamping, but I’m heading out camping this weekend for the second time this summer. It’s wonderful to have such a tight-knit family like you have. Not a lot of people have that. Keep doing whatever it is that you do that keeps you guys all so close.

9. July 12, 2018 / 2:21 am

I really need to try this glamping thing because I’m not much of a camper. I think it’s awesome and it’s definitely going to be more convenient. Thanks for the packing list and the tips as well!

10. July 11, 2018 / 11:29 pm

I have never done any glamping but this gives me an idea what to bring if I do decide to do it. I would love to do it by the river or ocean.

11. July 11, 2018 / 9:13 pm

I guess I’ve been glamping as an older teen. My parents had an RV and it was amazing! Lot’s of fun and memories.

12. July 11, 2018 / 4:57 pm

This is a really helpful resource to keep on hand. I’ve always wanted to go glamping.

13. July 11, 2018 / 4:28 pm

I have never been camping with my family so I guess I am missing out. I think I would lik glamping as long as I have a nice sleeping arrangement and bathroom.

14. candy
    July 11, 2018 / 3:56 pm

Glamping as people call it in todays world is much easier over camping. We are going camping in couple weeks and there will be no glamping involved. I do enjoy both worlds.

15. July 11, 2018 / 3:36 pm

I wouldn’t mind glamping! I would NOT go camping. But glamping I think I could handle. I’m all about comfort.

16. July 11, 2018 / 3:12 pm

Such a great list for glampers like myself. I have a trip coming up and I’m trying to get organized for it.

17. July 11, 2018 / 2:02 pm

This is the only way I would ever go Camping although I would like to add lights so I can read at night and my Computer so I can work with the guys are fishing.

18. July 11, 2018 / 1:27 pm

I have always been interested in trying glamping! There is a place right on the Pacific ocean that I would LOVE to stay for a night or two! I will have to keep this list handy for when I do finally do go!

19. July 10, 2018 / 4:18 am

I would need to bring a bathroom and an elliptical. Is that… Is that a thing? Can it be done? LMFAO!!!!!! SMH!