ESSENTIAL CAR MAINTENANCE TIPS FOR BEGINNERS

As a fairly new driver myself, I know the importance of having essential car maintenance done promptly. There is nothing worse than being on the road and the car breaking down. I know for many beginner drivers this can be quite daunting hence why we’re sharing these tips.

Driving a car is not rocket science but it seems car maintenance is the closest thing. Because of that, we’ve decided to share some essential car maintenance tips for all drivers. We hope this guide will emphasise the importance of regular car maintenance.

ESSENTIAL CAR MAINTENANCE

Any new driver can take comfort in the numerous pieces of advice out there. Although it’s obvious that fuel is essential, the fuel gauge needs to be in good working condition during the vehicle lifespan. This avoids the obvious matter taken for granted depending on how often one sets off on the visits to a garage.

New drivers should take comfort in knowing that regardless of the mechanical knowledge, every car has a manufacturer’s instructions booklet. It is the most important document that new drivers should refer to at all times. Not only do the instructions tell when to service the vehicle but also how frequent certain parts need attending to.

In so doing the lifespan of the vehicle would very much be enhanced. The instructions also advise what to look for and do on a varying basis to obtain maximum benefits from the vehicle. But one must remember, the manufacturer’s instructions can only take you so far. For example, if you are looking for efficient car exhausts replacement in Dundee visit Fife Autocentre or whatever is close to your location.

TIPS FOR BEGINNERS

As obvious as an observance of the manufacturer’s instructions are, the frequency to the garage for any attention would be reduced. In so saying new drivers wound well be advised to ensure that the vehicle has such essentials as:

•  Tool Kit: minor works like the replacement of a flat tyre can be done without necessarily calling for assistance.
  • Spare Wheel: always ensure this is in perfect condition so that the journey continues and make it a point to have the flat tyre repaired quick enough.
  • Fuel Can: in the event of running out of fuel use it to run to the filling station so you can take the vehicle to the filling station
  • Water/Coolant: essential for the cooling system if the vehicle. This should be checked before taking any journey to ensure the right level is maintained
  • Screen Wash: very useful to ensure your windscreen is kept clear at all times and it becomes obvious when to refill.
  • Engine Oil: dashboard warning signs must not be ignored. Use a dipstick to see the recommended levels are present and to top up if need be. This should be done before the engine starts running.

New drivers would have nothing to worry about if the manufacturer’s instructions are observed to the letter. Otherwise, the cost of vehicle maintenance can be bothersome. Make sure the car is serviced as regularly as recommended by the manufacturer. Be observant of how you drive and how you manage the car on and off the road.

1. September 3, 2018 / 10:17 pm

Thanks for the tips. When it comes to car maintenance, it’s usually my husband who tales care of it…LOL!

2. September 3, 2018 / 4:52 pm

Cars are like houses, they’re a huge investment and it’s important that you know how to maintain that car as much as you can. I think these tips are perfect for people who are taking care of their first car!

3. Peter
    September 2, 2018 / 8:40 pm

Great tips. I still have a few years left before my kids start driving. God help me if I don’t already have enough white hair!

4. September 2, 2018 / 2:42 am

I am remembering this for sure. I have some kids getting ready to drive before long.

5. September 2, 2018 / 2:24 am

There really is a lot of responsibility that goes into owning a car. Preventative maintenance is how you do it!

6. September 2, 2018 / 12:09 am

I love these tips. I am a big believer that if you own a car, you have a responsibility to know how to maintain it.

7. Jeanine
    September 1, 2018 / 9:36 pm

Great tips! I’ve never had a car or my license so this is great info to know for when I finally take that plunge!

8. September 1, 2018 / 2:21 pm

This is the perfect post for new drivers, or those who want to learn. It can get expensive going to a mechanic.

9. September 1, 2018 / 2:22 am

These are all great tips for car maintenance. I have to say that I fall behind on maintenance sometimes because we are just too busy with the kids. I need to keep up with some of these.

10. August 31, 2018 / 6:35 pm

I leave all my car work for my husband and he has a mechanic that helps us so much. It is important to keep regular maintainance in mind to prolong the vehicle lifespan

11. August 31, 2018 / 4:20 pm

I know my vehicle doesn’t have all the things you listed. I need to make sure I get them, just in case. I do have an emergency kit at least!

12. August 31, 2018 / 3:25 pm

These are all great tips on what really needs to be done for proper car maintenance. It’s easy to forget about these things when life gets busy.

13. Candy
    August 31, 2018 / 3:14 pm

We believe in being prepared for emergencies. This is a great list to keep on hand.