• Autumn Wardrobe Capsule

With Autumn well and truly underway, I thought I share what I have in my Autumn wardrobe capsule. Over the last couple of years, I have chosen to practice minimalist, especially with clothing. Minimalism is not as easy as it sounds, it requires practice and personal strength.

In this Autumn Wardrobe Capsule, I have added items which will be essential as the weather becomes cooler. Most of the items you should already have in your closet and won’t need to replace everything.

Autumn Wardrobe Capsule

Creating an Autumn Wardrobe Capsule, can be as easy or as though as you make it out to be. The principle behind it is to only include items that can be paired easily and are essentials. Consider all the items included in this autumn wardrobe capsule are essentials.

Tops – long sleeves + Short sleeves

Autumn to me is a half dose of summer and half dose winter, it’s not warm enough but not cold enough either. Therefore, it can be quite tricky to know what to wear on any given day. Items that I recommend can be paired with anything and include the following;

• White Tee
    • Black Tee
    • Grey long sleeve
    • Striped long sleeve
    • White long sleeve

Bottoms – Jeans

Those who know me, know I am a jeans kind of girl and wear them year round. Jeans to me, are the easiest clothing pieces to style and can be worn in any weather. You can dress them up or down and can be worn to suit almost every occasion.

There are so many various types of jeans out there, whilst I would choose skinny jeans, it’s not the same for everyone. I would, therefore, recommend, you choose your own style but have the following colours;

• Navy Jeans, Blue jeans, White jeans and Black jeans

Outerwear

Autumn is a cross between summer and winter, it is therefore mandatory to have proper outerwear. On days where it is more summer than winter, sweaters and jumpers are the best options. When it’s chillier then, I recommend wearing jackets or maybe layering sweaters and jackets.

When it comes to recommendations for outerwear, my suggestions are pretty simple. Again, it is all about pieces that can be paired with pretty much anything.

• Grey sweater, Beige sweater, Black leather jacket, Denim jacket
    • Raincoat – during autumn in the UK, it can pour for days.

Shoes

Due to the constant rain during Autumn, it can be a muddier season. With that comes the need to need to always keep your feet and outfit suitable. I always opt for wearing ankle boots, canvas, sneakers or wellies, though rarely.

During Autumn, when you’re looking to dress an outfit up, pairing them with ankle boots always does the trick. Running errands, I always opt for canvas and sneakers only when long walks are required.

Accessories

When it comes to accessories during autumn, its all about simplicity is best. I don’t wear much jewellery during cooler months except for a simple ring and necklace. But what I do love are other accessories that I can play with during autumnal months.

When the weather is cooler and wants to hair your hair in check, I always wear a mushroom fedora. I never leave the house without a grey scarf and often back up my tan bag or tote bag. On sunnier days, you might need your sunglasses, maybe a nice watch, a bracelet and some earrings too.

1. October 8, 2018 / 1:17 pm

Some great tips there. I am about to overhaul my wardrobe as it’s bursting at the seams with stuff I just don’t wear. I think creating a capsule wardrobe will be something I need!

2. October 8, 2018 / 1:17 pm

I am a big fan of capsule wardrobes, as I dont like to own too much stuff. Always enjoy reading/watching what other have in their closet at the moment 🙂

3. October 8, 2018 / 1:17 pm

I had a massive clear out of my clothes at the beginning of summer but with the weather having changed, I had to buy more. My summer stuff has mostly been packed away but I still feel like the amount of clothes in my wardrobe has crept up again. Time to clear out again I think. Nice tips.

4. October 8, 2018 / 1:17 pm

I am holding off on digging the boots out as its been so warm, but I know I will need them soon

5. lynne callaghan
      October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

Thanks for all the great tips. I’m really awful at putting pieces together so really need to work on a capsule wardrobe!

• October 8, 2018 / 1:17 pm

You’re most welcome and hope this was useful

6. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

I need to update my wardrobe, and I love the idea of a capsule. Thanks for all the great ideas! I need some new pieces but don’t want to spend a fortune.

7. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

These are great pieces! I have heard lots of feedback about capsule wardrobe and I’m actually thinking about switching to this.

8. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

I really need to start getting my autumn wardrobe sorted as I am still wearing some of my summer clothes and I am freezing! x

• October 8, 2018 / 3:17 pm

I am still wearing some of my summer clothes since its nice here in Korea but once I return home it will be straight to autumn clothes

9. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

I am loving the style ideas here. I need to shop for more jeans this autumn.

10. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

This is great! I’d love to do capsules too but get overwhelmed thinking about taking things out of my closet for seasons at a time. I’m hoping to overcome it and finally make some progress.

11. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

I’m loving my fall capsule wardrobe. I went out on a limb and did all my tops with a fall pattern. My solids are my pants, skirts and jackets. I love the fresh look.

12. Pam
      October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

I have been wanting to make a capsule wardrobe. This post seems like it will be really helpful as I consider what clothing I want to take into autumn with me.

13. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

Autumn really is an inbetween season. One thing that’s for certain is the cold starts which usually lead to warm afternoons. I always layer up first thing and take layers off as it warms up. Sadly I’m not a fan of jeans. Leggings all the way for me.

14. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

Autumn wardrobes are the only ones worth caring about to me. The colors, they styles, and the accessories are euphoric.

• October 8, 2018 / 1:17 pm

Hahaha, I know what you mean. I love Autumn styles and accessories

15. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

These look like great ideas for a wardrobe. I’ll pass this on to my wife just in case she wants to add anything to hers. Thanks.

16. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

I’ve just got my autumn capsule wardrobe sorted. Just two more pieces and then its done. I love some of the things you choose!

17. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

I am currently organising my wardrobe. A capsule wardrobe is a great way of thinking. I def need to scale down though.

18. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

I would love to put together a capsule wardrobe!! I wear scrubs to work and lounge clothes when I’m home so I rarely get out and about and I think I could make it happen!!

19. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

I had a good clear out of my wardrobe last week and I feel so much happier an outfit. I’ve got some staple pieces that are easy to wear. Great tips and bring on those cosy jumpers!

20. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

I love wearing jeans during cold weather as well. I am always cold so long sleeves are my go-to clothing.

21. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

Such great style ideas! I love fall because you can wear warm and comfy clothes and be stylish at the same time. Thanks for the reccos!

• October 8, 2018 / 1:17 pm

Thanks, I am all about being warm whenever necessary

22. KIM CROISANT
      October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

I love accessorizing. AND…it finally feels like Fall here in Texas. I love your ideas.

23. October 8, 2018 / 1:16 pm

Thanks for your tips! I’m still working on my overall capsule wardrobe. I still need a couple of essentials for my fall wardrobe. A couple of sweaters will complete my list.

24. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

These are all such lovely choices! I’m all about comfy sweaters and hoodies. I rarely bother with accessories though. I basically have the same things in my closet all year long.

25. Melanie
      October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

I need to update my fall wardrobe. I don’t get to buy new clothes much, but I like browsing Pinterest for inspiration.

26. SHELLEY KING
      October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

Love the tips. I can not get through the Autumn months without my jeans and a long sleeve gray tshirt. I have to have a gray hoodie also! I am not a white wearing person. I have boys and any time I wear white I am doomed. Maybe when they get older!

• October 8, 2018 / 1:17 pm

I do love a good hoodie as well, and white is one of my fave these days

27. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

Oo some good tips here! I need to streamline my wardrobe because space is limited. I like the idea of having standard tops in a variety of colours 🙂

28. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

You have some really good tips here. I am no good at fashion so I am happy to read posts of people who are so that I know what I should be buying when I go to the store. I love the idea of a sweater with jeans. It always looks classy to me.

29. candy
      October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

Like how you included all the basic colors for fall and winter. With some long sleeves and few short sleeves shirts like this I can mix and match, do some layering and get much us out of them.

30. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

These are all beautiful pieces. For me, fall is all about boots and sweaters. I also love sticking to deeper colors like burgundy and plum.

31. October 8, 2018 / 1:14 pm

IF ONLY it felt like FALL here! Ugh, it’s still hitting the 90s and it is driving me bananas!!!!!!!! Someone tell Mother Nature over here that we are DONEEEE with her heat!

32. September 28, 2018 / 10:44 pm

44. September 26, 2018 / 12:45 pm

45. September 26, 2018 / 10:55 am

• Miranda
        Author
        September 27, 2018 / 6:28 am

46. September 26, 2018 / 10:04 am

I am loving the style ideas here. I need to shop for more jeans this autumn.

47. September 26, 2018 / 8:28 am