Will Your Realtor Say “We Buy Any House”? 4 Ways to Make Them Say Sold!

we buy any home

You have worked hard over the years to renovate your house into an amazing place. You love it, but you want to sell it for a profit. No, you aren’t a fix-and-flip expert, but the money you’ve invested in your house has increased its value exponentially. If you can get a good price for it, you can finally move to the neighbourhood in which you’ve always dreamt to live. You need to convince an investor it’s worth what you want for it, but how do you do that? Here are four ways to help them see the light.

1. Clean it Up Really Good

Put yourself in an investor’s or homebuyer’s shoes and walk around your property – all of it. Would you buy your house? People look at little things to nitpick, such as dust in the corners and weeds in the yard. They want to see what you see on television; these perfectly staged homes that look immaculate from top to bottom. What this means for you is more work, just not renovation work (unless you need to landscape). It means your house and yard must be spotless from top to bottom so clean it up and have the back, front, and side yards professionally manicured for optimal curb and indoor appeal.

2. Stage it Yourselfwe buy any home

Even if an investor says “we buy any house,” it’s still wise to impress. Dave Ramsey, the financial expert, explains, “A study by the Real Estate Staging Association found that homes staged before listing received an offer in just 23 days on average.” What does this mean? It means your house will sell 90 per cent faster if you stage it. Move your furniture away from the wall and organize into neat, intimate sections. Make certain nothing is in the way. Set the dining room table and bring in fresh flowers, too, to brighten the space and make it inviting. Look at pictures of staged homes for ideas.

3. Use Saved Cash to Your Advantage

Yes, you could pay a professional to stage your home, but you’d be looking at his or her fees plus any additional work he or she feels should be done. Why spend more money on your home when you can clean and rearrange yourself. With the money you save, real estate agent Dawn Kirkland says you can increase the home’s curb appeal even more, and this is crucial to fast sell. Paint the home’s exterior if necessary or lay down mulch in the yard to impress sustainable buyers. The point is to draw people to the front door, not repel them, so stage the outside, too.

we buy any home

4. Consider an Investor Instead of an Agent

You probably haven’t seen too many real agents say, “we buy any home.” The reason why is simple: They won’t buy, or in their case attempt to sell just any home. They want a nice commission, that’s how they make their money, so they aren’t interested in quick sells and fixer-uppers. Even though your home has been fixed up, you might find selling it to a real estate investor to be the better option for you. The investor will provide a cash offer and there will be no middle person in the way of the finances or communication. Imagine how much you can get for your home without commission and fees.

You can sell your home fast as long as it’s market ready. If it isn’t, you may still be able to sell it fast to a real estate investor. Keep in mind, however, the less market ready your home is, the less money you will get for it. Whether an agent or investor, your home’s value and how it compares to other homes in your neighbourhood will dictate the price, so be fair and get ready to move once the right offer comes in.

1. October 8, 2018 / 3:40 pm

Some good tips. We want to sell but need to spend a couple of thousand to bring it up to scratch

2. October 8, 2018 / 3:39 pm

Great tips, we are looking to sell soon and we have seen a lot about styling the house

3. October 8, 2018 / 3:39 pm

I was never in a position to sell a house so I wouldn’t know any of these details. I like the idea of “staging” the house, I have seen this on tv actually and found it quite interesting. It’s amazing how some people make a job out of it.

4. October 8, 2018 / 3:39 pm

I think staging a home is an excellent idea, I see this tip mentioned on all the home programmes. You want it to look gorgeous , kerb appeal too is so important to make sure the outside of your home has been painted, has a tidy garden and is welcoming

5. October 8, 2018 / 1:37 pm

Great tips and we’d definitely recommend tidying and staging a house and rooms x makes it looked cared for x

6. October 8, 2018 / 1:37 pm

Some great tips! I don’t own a house to sell but will definitely consider these for the future when I do.

7. October 8, 2018 / 1:03 pm

Love these tips, I’ve just moved into a new place but when I come to sell in a few years I’ll keep these in mind x

8. October 8, 2018 / 1:02 pm

Solid tips and ideas…..we are selling my dad’s house and we staged it ourselves which really saved us some cash.

9. September 6, 2018 / 8:27 am