• Autumn Skincare Routine for Combination Skin

Fall is underway and we thought we put together our Autumn Skincare Routine for Combination Skin. As someone with combination skin, it’s important to share the Autumn Skincare Routine for Combination Skin that I swear by. As we get older, it becomes even more paramount to know your skin type and the best products to use.

Often people ask, ‘how do I know if I have combination skin‘. The key is in the name ‘combination’, you have a combination of oily and dry patches across your face. I personally have oily nose, chin and forehead and the rest of my face are dry. In the article, we aim to share our recommendations of a simple yet effective Autumn Skincare Routine for Combination Skin.

Autumn-Skincare-Routine

Autumn Skincare Routine for Combination Skin

Do you have combination skin and looking for the best autumn skincare routine? Knowing what type of skin you have can help you use the best products that add value and strip nothing. The weather is cooler and therefore your skin needs an updated skincare routine. We suggest you follow the CTM rule; Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing.

Best cleanser is the ‘Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser‘. I have used it before and can not recommend enough, they gentle on the skin and hydrating. Another cleanser we recommend is Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, very gentle on the skin. This is good for all skin types and can even be used on a baby’s delicate skin.

Autumn-skincare-routine-for-combination-skin

Best Toner is Murad Clarifying toner, it removes impurities, deep cleans the skin and remove excess oils. I love that it tightens the pores and prevents breakouts which can be very common during the autumnal months. Another toner that we recommend is Simple’s kind to skin toner. This toner helps to restore, soothe and soften the skin and its pH balanced plus alcohol-free. Another thing to love about Simple’s products is that they are no artificial dyes or perfumes and contains no harsh chemicals.

Best Moisturiser is the ‘Olay Active Hydrating Cream Face Moisturizer‘, doesn’t clog pores and restores dry skin in 48-hours. Love that it hydrates the skin, which is very important in cooler temperatures and reduces fine lines. The aim of this moisturizer is the soothe dry skin and restore skin back to natural beauty. Neutrogena Pil Free Moisturiser is the best light lotion for combination skin that we recommend. I love it because it controls the shine in oily parts of my face and gives a natural matte finish to the dry parts.

Autumn-skincare-routine-for-combination-skin

Thoughts on Autumn Skincare Routine for Combination Skin

Not everyone is happy to have combination skin, but it should be the end of the world. There are so many products that are specifically created for those of us with this disposition. One thing I can say is to be familiar with the parts of your face that are oily and that are dry. Don’t use products that only suit one type of skin, use the suggested or do some research.

Most importantly, make sure you stay hydrated because this will help to maintain your skin. Besides that, no one wants to be walking around with damaged skin because you didn’t look after it properly.

Fall is underway and we thought we put together our Autumn Skincare Routine for Combination Skin. As someone with combination skin, it's important to share the Autumn Skincare Routine for Combination Skin that I swear by.

1. December 7, 2018 / 6:03 am

Nice article! I have combination skin with oily areas and it’s a very challenging for me. This sound great and I definitely have to try it out. Thanks for recommendations and please keep sharing.

2. October 22, 2018 / 1:43 pm

I use to be oily skin now I think Im more combination so thank you so much 🙂

3. Sundeep
      October 20, 2018 / 10:02 am

I need to change my routine too. Almost winters are here in India. Love your tips about Autumn skin care. If possible then please share about winter skin care

4. October 19, 2018 / 10:41 pm

Having combination skin is definitely a challenge. I have oily skin, so it could be worse. These products definitely seem like something to check out.

5. October 19, 2018 / 11:33 am

I definitely have combination skin with oily areas similar to you. This sounds like a fantastic routine and I may have to try it out as my skin care has been so rubbish lately!

6. October 18, 2018 / 7:13 pm

I definitely have combination skin. It’s always been a touch oily, but now it’s drier in areas too as I’ve gotten older. The joys! Some great tips here 🙂

7. October 18, 2018 / 6:12 pm

My skin has changed over the years and it’s much drier than it used to be so i’ve had to change my skin care routine. The Olay moisturiser looks good though.

8. October 18, 2018 / 5:30 pm

My skin is a nightmare at the moment, although I would describe it as dry and sensitive

9. October 18, 2018 / 5:19 pm

I need to sort out my skincare routine. Autumn is a great time to start now the days are getting sleepier and we are spending more time indoors.

10. October 18, 2018 / 3:15 pm

There are mildly few skin problems in winter that requires professionals. But those that are must be attended to.

11. October 18, 2018 / 1:48 pm

I’m terrible when it comes to skincare in autumn. These look like great products to try, especially the olay moisturiser.

12. October 18, 2018 / 12:43 pm

Ooh I’ve been looking for some new skincare products for my combination skin so I’m going to get these and give them a go. They sound great. Thanks for the recommendations x

13. October 18, 2018 / 11:10 am

This is perfect for me, as I do have combination skin. could do with some new skin care too xx

14. October 18, 2018 / 3:19 am

I have heard of the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser but never used it. I am very bad with skin care. Thanks for these tips.

15. October 17, 2018 / 6:26 pm

This is so helpful. I am really terrible and have the same skin care routine all year round, and that ranges from -15 with snow and biting winds in the winter to 30 degrees and sunny in the summer here!

16. Talya
      October 17, 2018 / 4:15 pm

A good skin care routine is so important. Thank you so much for sharing this.

17. Grace
      October 17, 2018 / 2:18 pm

Great skincare tips! Will definitely keep all this in mind. Never tried most of those you’ve mentioned

18. October 17, 2018 / 12:49 pm

CTM is must for every skin type. I have read many reviews about neutrogena products but have not used yet. I will give it a try.

19. October 17, 2018 / 12:31 pm

I’m an Elemis girl thru and thru – have tried lots of other brands but keep heading back. But with the change in the weather I step up a gear with my skincare routine

20. October 17, 2018 / 11:06 am

I have combination skin and really need to take better care of it, my skincare routine is non-existant x

21. October 17, 2018 / 10:40 am

I love a good cleanser it really does make so much difference. I often forget to moisturise and I must remember.

22. October 17, 2018 / 9:59 am

My skin always enjoys a good scrub and moisturise and this is especially true in the colder months.

23. October 17, 2018 / 9:17 am

I think staying hydrated is so important but also having a good skin care routine and using the right products. These sound like so great ones to build into your routine.

24. October 17, 2018 / 6:29 am

I have dry skin but I’ve definitely been wanting to try the Olay hydrating moisturizer. I’m really curious to see if it’ll work on boosting moisture.

25. October 17, 2018 / 4:00 am

Proper skincare is very important to remove dirt to our skin. Great article.

26. October 16, 2018 / 10:28 pm

I have never thought about changing my moisturiser to suit the season.

27. October 16, 2018 / 8:36 pm

Yes! My skin has not been keeping up with the change in weather. I will definitely try a change in moisturiser – any excuse for a nose round Boots

28. October 16, 2018 / 7:53 pm

I’ve never really thought of different skin care routines for the changing of the seasons, though it does make sense. I think in the summer my skin is drier? I use most of the products mentioned especially Olay and Neutrogena 🙂

29. October 16, 2018 / 7:37 pm

I have never tried Neutrogena products before so maybe it is time i do start! I need to update my skincare routine as it is not suitable for fall!

30. Jessica Taylor
      October 16, 2018 / 2:45 pm

Good to know that Olay Active Hydrating Cream Face Moisturizer doesn’t clog pores! I haven’t used any Olay products in a while, so I may give that one a shot.

31. October 16, 2018 / 1:31 am

I haven’t tried Neutrogena before, but I’d like to try it! I’ve seen a lot of good reviews about their products.

32. October 16, 2018 / 1:20 am

I have been looking for a good toner so far and would love to try Murad Clarifying toner after reading this post. I hope it removes all the impurities and deep cleans my skin and mostly importanly remove excess oils.

33. October 15, 2018 / 8:17 pm

I’ll keep these in mind. My skin gets SO dry in the fall and winter and I hate it. I will have to try out the moisturizer you mentioned.

34. October 15, 2018 / 8:05 pm

My skin is dry so I use lots of cream on my face. I always use them day and night.

35. October 15, 2018 / 7:37 pm

I used to have sensitive skin and now it seems its now eithet dry or combination fur to change of weather. I really need to change up my routine.

36. October 15, 2018 / 7:36 pm

I have a combination+sensitive skin. It becomes so difficult to select products which suit us.

37. October 15, 2018 / 7:13 pm

Proper skincare is important because our skin is the largest barrier against infection that we have. Keeping our skin healthy and moist helps keeps this barrier strong.

38. October 15, 2018 / 7:11 pm

I have read alot about the Murad Clarifying toner. I need to check it out and try it this Autumn.