Best Gifts for Female Solo Travellers

Have a wanderlust soul in your family and are you searching of the Best Gifts for Female Solo Travellers? Look no further, we’ve compiled the Best Gifts for Female Solo Travellers that are actually useful. Solo female travellers, in general, are some of the hardest travellers to shop for. As a solo wanderlust myself, I know most of my friends struggle with what to get me. Our hope with this article is to give you foolproof tips of the Best Gifts for Female Solo Travellers.

Having travelled across US, Asia and Africa solo for the last 4 years, I curated lists of useful items. Whenever I travel, there is always a checklist in my mind that I have to go through. From this checklist, I learned how to pack like a minimalist pro regardless of the type of trip. Below, I have compiled the Best Gifts for Female Solo Travellers that are useful.

Best Gifts for Female Solo Travellers

Best Gifts for Female Solo Travellers

Over the last few years, I have lived by this quote; ‘travel far enough that you meet yourself in the clouds‘. I have met countless female solo travellers like myself conquering the world, one weekend at a time. From them and my personal experience, I have learned about the Best Gifts for Female Solo Travellers.

1. Personal Alarm – Safety First

Being female and traveller alone in some places is a recipe for disaster but it shouldn’t be. One thing I have learned is, with enough planning and researching, we can explore anywhere and everywhere. Whenever I travel somewhere new, I like to research public transport and hotel distance from the airport. Most of my travels are late at night or very early in the morning, safety is paramount. I always travel with my personal safety alarm which is always a deterrent to thieves.

Best Gifts for Female Solo Travellers

2. Backpack – Travel Light

Wherever I travel, I enjoy trekking around and exploring as many places as I can. Most times when I land, I have to hit the road running, travelling with a suitcase is not convenient. There I recommend purchasing a strong, spacious and sturdy backpack. Over the years I have gone through a number of brands and only a few have lasted a year+. Lately, I have been using the Urban top loader and a mini-backpack from PWS. These two backpacks make for the perfect gifts for solo travellers, the mini-pack I use for local adventures. Get yours with 20% discount using the code ‘2018Winter’.

3. Infused Water Bottle

Though I don’t drink as much water as I should, I always carry a water bottle with me. All my water bottles are infused types as I don’t like to drink plain water. Water at airports can be quite expensive and other places water is not always safe to drink. And other times, I don’t just want to drink water and will carry whatever drink I need for the trip. All my solo adventures home or abroad always involve some sort of walking and I need to stay hydrated.

Best Gifts for Female Solo Travellers

4. Scratch off Map

All solo travellers love nothing more than items that remind us of our past adventures. I think a scratch-off map is one of the Best Gifts for Female Solo travellers. Being able to scratch off places we’ve been is very fulfilling and makes us ever more wanderlust. We recommend this scratch-off map of the world, any solo travellers would absolutely love it.

5. Lonely Planet Book

As a blogger, I am often on my laptop writing up some articles about this and that. But there are times on flights when all I want to do is read something other than flight magazines. A few years ago my work colleagues knowing how much of a wanderlust I am bought me Lonely Planet Book. It was the best present ever and I think all solo travellers would agree with me. We love looking up new places to explore, checking out other traveller’s suggestions and expanding our bucketlist.

Best Gifts for Female Solo Travellers

6. Personalised Passport Holder

A passport holder is one of the most essential and useful gifts one can give to a traveller. Over the years I have owned a few but now in need of something new and personalised. Of late I have been loving a few but more especially those with the world map engraved. Regardless of which type is chosen, a nice and cute passport holder is always essential.

7. Pocket Wi-Fi

As much as I love to travel alone, I love knowing that I am connected with others on the world wide web. Especially being a blogger and wanting to share my memories with my readers as they are being made. Others who are fortunate to travel and work at the same time, having a pocket wifi is very handy.

Best Gifts for Female Solo Travellers?

8. Adventure Fund Pot

Those of us who are Fortuna enough to the often still need some sort of funding. We are pros at saving money so we can continue to enjoy travelling the world. Though when gifting something this, make sure you’ve started the fund off. I love personalised adventure funds pots it’s always motivating.

9. Travel Journal

Whilst some of us might love to document everything online especially on Instagram, most prefer a journal. Back in high school, I loved nothing more than writing my pretend adventures in my journal. If your wanderlust prefers to write things down then a Travel Journal would make for the perfect gift.

Best Gifts for Female Solo Travellers

10. Mini Tripod

I am not big on selfie sticks but do love a good portable tripod for some good shots. Most solo travellers rely on a good and stable tripod for excellent and clear shots. We don’t often have other people to take pictures of us so we always have to be creative.

11. Gift Cards

When you’re unsure of what to get the wanderlust in your life, I always give gift cards. Open gift cards to many shops are always the best way to go but if you know they like particular places then buy those.

We hope you find these 11 Best Gifts for Female Solo Travellers useful. Solo Travellers love a good gift that will help them during their travels or even help plan them.

*This post is collaborative

1. Hannah Marie
    Nov 8, 2018 / 5:17 pm

Love all of this especially the Adventure fund pot. It will encourage me to save up and travel more!

2. Nov 8, 2018 / 2:13 pm

These are beautiful gifts for any travelers!

3. Nov 7, 2018 / 12:56 pm

These are awesome gift ideas but not only for the female traveller but for all travellers. Thanks for sharing.

4. Nov 7, 2018 / 7:39 am

I love the scratch off map and travel pot! These gifts are perfect not just for solo female travelers, but for all sorts of travelers 🙂

5. Nov 6, 2018 / 11:15 pm

I love the mini tri-pod idea, didn’t know those existed! Also- the scratch off map is so cool- being able to see everywhere you have traveled!

6. Nov 6, 2018 / 8:31 pm

That passport holder is the cutest thing ever! I love it, so adorable! I have never solo traveled but i think like i really should!

7. Nov 6, 2018 / 5:06 pm

First, I so envy anyone who travels all the time. I wish I can do that at least once a year… I think the fund pot is design for the poor me, anyone up for sponsoring me to go somewhere? LOL…

8. Nov 6, 2018 / 4:02 pm

These are pretty impressive for a female solo traveler like me. The infused water bottle could be great.

9. Nov 6, 2018 / 6:43 am

Great ideas for gifts not only to myself as a traveler but also my female friends. I do not have a personal safety alarm so that would be on my Christmas wish list.

10. Nov 6, 2018 / 2:03 am

I like the passport holder and tripod as gift options. A diary too perhaps to jot down their thoughts while traveling

11. Emma Riley
    Nov 6, 2018 / 1:31 am

Wow, these are great list of gifts ideas and now, I know what things I need to give to my friend who always want to go on a solo travel.

12. Nov 5, 2018 / 8:23 pm

I like these gifts! I need to get that scratch off map. We’re a military family and have been to many places.

13. Nov 5, 2018 / 8:14 pm

I love the passport holder, I am not a traveller but I will get that for myself and the scratch off map is super cool. Problem is I would only scratch of two countries at this point so it’s pitiful but an eye opener at the same time.

14. Nov 5, 2018 / 6:46 pm

That selfie stick would be on my list. I like how it holds the phone.

15. Nov 5, 2018 / 6:36 pm

What? No Sat Phone? Just kidding. Some really good ideas on your list!

16. Nov 5, 2018 / 4:01 pm

These are such cute ideas! I am not a solo traveler, but I would still love some of these. The bag is adorable!

17. Nov 2, 2018 / 7:56 pm

What I love about this list, while it’s practical for solo travelers, they can also be good ideas for travelers in general. I love the Personal Alarm one, especially. While I don’t travel around the world, I will be starting a job here soon where I will be required to leave and do some demos and every woman needs to be able to defend herself if anything should happen.

18. Nov 2, 2018 / 3:03 pm

I love all of these ideas. I am a travel blogger and am afraid to travel alone. The personal alarm is such a great idea.

19. Nov 1, 2018 / 3:22 pm

Those are some pretty cool gifts there. I think the infused water bottle could be pretty useful for a traveler for sure.

20. alison
    Oct 31, 2018 / 11:24 pm

These are such great ideas. The alarm clock for sure. I need about 20 of them.

21. Oct 31, 2018 / 8:28 pm

These are some excellent gift ideas! I have a friend who travels all the time and would love this stuff.!

22. Oct 31, 2018 / 3:58 pm

I don’t think I could ever travel alone, however these gifts are very special and I can see why someone who travels would love them. I wish you well on all of your traveling endeavors!

23. Oct 31, 2018 / 11:10 am

I love the scratch-off map. I got one last year for Christmas and I really like it. It is a fun way to track your travels.

24. Oct 31, 2018 / 4:00 am

So many great gifts for the solo female traveler. I too love to travel but travel most often with my littles. I really love that scratch off map, I haven’t seen one of those before.

25. Oct 30, 2018 / 2:58 pm

Good list. Very suitable gifts for people who like to travel and seek adventures. You will surely delight someone with such a gift.