• How-to Spend a Weekend in Shoreditch

Want to know how to spend a weekend in Shoreditch? When tourists visit London, there are busy trying to experience the big attractions than spend a weekend in Shoreditch. It is quite understandable as London has some amazing attractions, the Coca-Cola London Eye coming to mind.

But if you want to see more than just the big city attractions, then I suggest you spend a weekend in Shoreditch. The city has so much to offer every tourist from the foodies to the clubbers. Want to know how to spend a weekend in Shoreditch and things to do? Read on as I have a couple of ideas of how you can spend a weekend in Shoreditch.

Spend a Weekend in Shoreditch

How-to Spend a Weekend in Shoreditch

Thanks to Three UK, one of the largest mobile network providers in the UK, we had an opportunity to spend a weekend in Shoreditch. They invited us to this lovely part of East London to test out two iPhone handsets; iPhone S X and iPhone S X Max. The idea was for us to snap a shot of the city but to check out the incredible camera features.

Because of Three UK, we got to spend a weekend in Shoreditch and explored the city. We walked the length of the city armed with the iPhone handsets ready to shoot in various modes. I already know that I want the iPhone S X Max as it has some really cool features. With phones in hand and a photographer on hand to help, we went in search of things to snap.

How-to get to Shoreditch

Regardless of where you are coming from in London, Shoreditch is easy to reach via London tube. For those of us coming from Oxford, we took the Oxford tube bus and got off at Hillingdon in west London. Taking the Metropolitan line, we got off at St. Pancras then took Northern Line to Old Street. From Old Street, it was an easy walk to Shoreditch and close stations include; Moorgate, Liverpool Street, Aldgate East and Shoreditch High Street.

How to Spend A Weekend In Shoreditch; Places to Explore

Shoreditch located in the East is considered to be one of the hippest places in the city of London. It is a vibrant city full of diversity filled with art, cute restaurants and amazing markets. Over the last decade, East London has seen a transformation especially in the city of Shoreditch. The following places are those we visited definitely recommend a visit.

Spend a Weekend in Shoreditch

Brick Lane

An area in East London that runs from Swanfield Street all the way through Bethnal Green. It is a must visit place if you are after the best foods, vintage clothing and more. It has a unique vibe that is not prevalent in most cities in London. Brick Lane is known for its impassive length and not forgetting the side alleyways which are a must as well. It is considered to be the home of curry and when in town, make sure to try the curry houses.

Spend a Weekend in Shoreditch

Old Spitalsfield Market

For over 350 years, the site of the new Spitalsfield Market has been home to various markets. It is easy to get to this market from Liverpool street and is so popular with locals and visitors. The market is open every day of the week through closing times differ. Get your fill of various foods, drinks, vintage clothes and much more.

Spend a Weekend in Shoreditch
    The quality of the iPhone S X MAX is better than most cameras

The Boiler House

The boiler house located in Brick Lane food mall is a must visit place in Shoreditch. Filled with various international cuisines on over 30 stands, its a place you don’t want to leave. We tried foods from various cultures and loved that the boiler house has sitting areas inside and outside.

Spend a Weekend in Shoreditch

Doughnut Time

I am a sucker for a sweet treat and I knew Doughnut time was a must visit places. Especially since they have various locations in London, make sure you pick up some hand-dipped doughts. I loved the amazing collection of doughnuts on display, I wanted them all.

Spend a Weekend in Shoreditch

iPhone X Features – What we loved!

As you can see, Shoreditch and other nearby towns have so much to offer. Thanks to Three UK mobile network, we were able to see the city through a lens. I have always been super impressed with the picture quality of the iPhone cameras but new ones are better. I also like that the new iPhones have improved on storage capacity. Other improvements that as a blogger I am loving are;

• Dual 12MP wide-angle and telephoto cameras
    • 2x optical zoom; digital zoom up to 10x
    • Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control
    • Portrait Lighting with five effects (Natural, Studio, Contour, Stage, Stage Mono)
    • Autofocus with Focus Pixels
    • Tap to focus with Focus Pixels
    • Wide colour capture for photos and Live Photos
    • Exposure control

Thanks to Three UK for inviting us to test their iPhone X handsets which they have on offer.

Spend a Weekend in Shoreditch

1. October 30, 2018 / 9:04 pm

Only for the street work, I think it is worth it to visit that place. Thank you for sharing!

2. October 29, 2018 / 6:38 pm

Good to know 1 more great destination. Would.love to visit this place if I ever get a chance.

3. October 28, 2018 / 7:11 pm

I love all the colorful street art. I went here years ago when it was just becoming trendy.

4. October 26, 2018 / 3:41 pm

Now I want to spend a weekend at Shoreditch too! Too bad I’m miles away! Anyway, if I get there someday, the Brick Lane would be my favorite place since I’m just a sucker for vintage clothing. I’m trying to stock as much of them as possible.

5. Blair villanueva
      October 26, 2018 / 3:48 am

Glad you enjoyed your weekend at Shoreditch. Your photographs using your new iphone are all vividly gorgeous and have a wider capture.

6. October 25, 2018 / 6:34 am

I would love to visit the Boiler house. I love trying all different kinds of foods. And the fact that they have so many different international foods in the same place would be amazing.

7. Faneshia
      October 25, 2018 / 2:55 am

I want to visit Europe within the next two years and London is on my place to visit while I’m there. I’ve heard so much about this place and every time I. Read another article I want to go even sooner! This was great information

8. October 24, 2018 / 2:23 pm

Oh my, I didn’t manage to explore Shoreditch on my visit to London. The street arts in this area looks totally awesome! Such a cool place!

9. October 24, 2018 / 2:14 pm

Shoreditch looks like an amazing place to explore with a camera. The art work is just stunning x

10. Sundeep
      October 24, 2018 / 10:11 am

Love the street art work looks cool and vibrant. Love the pictures captured by you. Looks you spent your weekend well.

11. October 24, 2018 / 4:05 am

I love those street art photo, and those food oh my gosh it makes me hungry just by looking at them. Looks like you had a blast.

12. October 24, 2018 / 12:12 am

I am a little jealous that you got to spend time in such a cool section of London with the new iPhone. iPhone cameras have always been high quality, but the latest version is WAY superior. It really made Shoreditch – a vibrant section of London – pop in your post. So cool!

13. October 23, 2018 / 9:37 pm

I have been to Shoreditch sometime ago to buy some Nigerian wedding shoes with my mom, I never got around to exploring it as I didn’t know it had this much culture and color to it. These pictures are splendid, I love the iPhone X

14. October 23, 2018 / 8:47 pm

What a vibrant place, full of colour. It looks like a great place to visit and explore all those hidden places too

15. Devyani Ray
      October 23, 2018 / 6:18 pm

THe place looks so vibrant and the food looks AMAZING!

16. October 23, 2018 / 5:58 pm

It looks an amazing place to visit. Foods look so delicious, I am feeling hungry now.

17. October 23, 2018 / 5:01 pm

I am looking forward to my photo walk with Three in Bristol, unfortunately I couldn’t make it to the Shoreditch one. I have never used an Iphone before so I am curious about the camera of the Iphone X.

18. October 23, 2018 / 3:02 pm

Wow it looks like a really culturally colorful place! Food looks so amazing too!

19. October 23, 2018 / 10:50 am

I actually went on a photowalk around Shoreditch last time I was in London. I loved all the amazing street art! Next time I’ll have to sample some of the food.

20. October 23, 2018 / 8:56 am

Wow lots of food and cool street art in Shoreditch! My friend has the iphone X and we were out in the woods at the weekend. She took some stunning photos. The best phone camera I have ever seen.

21. October 23, 2018 / 6:56 am

Some lovely details about the offbeat Shoreditch. Would love to explore the place sometime

22. October 22, 2018 / 7:41 pm

What a fun area! I would enjoy exploring here for the weekend. And I’ve been wanting an iPhone X. I might have to get it at some point. I could use a better camera.

23. October 22, 2018 / 7:30 pm

I love the vibrant colours you captured on your photo walk, the food looks delicious, Brick Lane is definitely a place on my to do list for London

24. October 22, 2018 / 7:14 pm

I dream of owning the iPhone X – the quality of photography is outstanding! I really like how interesting and unique Shoreditch is 🙂

25. October 22, 2018 / 7:07 pm

I admire your travels I need to plan to start visiting a new place every weekend if I have time, I am sure it will be fun.

26. October 22, 2018 / 3:14 pm

I love checking out smaller and lesser known places when I travel. This place looks like it is right up my alley and that food looks delicious.

27. October 22, 2018 / 2:55 pm

All those world wide foods sound amazing to taste. I’d need more than a weekend to work my way through those! I also love the idea of the vintage clothing. That is right up my street

28. October 22, 2018 / 2:19 pm

I have never been there but I would love to be there. Such a lovely place. Seems you had a great time.

29. October 22, 2018 / 2:10 pm

Sounds like an amazing weekend! Everything looks so beautiful!

30. October 22, 2018 / 11:39 am

I love the street art photos. I’ve not been to Shoreditch in about 20 years. This post brings back happy memories and reminds me I need to visit again.
      Thank you for the lovely write up – and it looks like you had a fun with the IPhone too. Love Bec 🙂