Luxury Glamping with West Stow Pods, Suffolk

Glamping is a glamorous way to enjoy camping and I recently went Luxury Glamping with West Stow Pods in Suffolk. Unlike camping, glamping more often than not does not require one to set up there own tent. I quite enjoyed the Luxury glamping with West Stow Pods because of the tranquillity of the location, Suffolk.

Suffolk is situated on the Eastern coast of England and is surrounded by 50 miles of coastal line. The county is filled with little villages and medieval towns all which contribute to the natural beauty of the county. I had the great fortune of experiencing Luxury Glamping with West Stow Pods in one of the medieval towns, Bury St. Edmunds.

Luxury glamping with West Stow Pods

If you have never been glamping before, here is a packing list of essentials to take. Whilst glamping is a luxurious way of camping, it’s still camping of sorts and certain things need to be brought.

Luxury Glamping with West Stow Pods

Bury St Edmunds is considered a historic jewel in Suffolk’s crown and it’s easy to see why. The town’s architecture reads like a 3D map of the past, and among the old, you will find the new. You can admire the magnanimous St Edmundsbury Cathedral whilst you explore the ruins of the 11th Century Abbey site.

The town of Bury St. Edmunds is surrounded by the countryside with 1000 years of history. West Stow is a small village near Bury St Edmunds where one can enjoy Luxury Glamping with West Stow Pods. Situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty in the idyllic countryside of Suffolk, is the West Stow glamping pods.

West Stow Pods is a family-run business which was featured in the Guardian’s Top 10 glamping sites in the UK. Nested in the gorgeous countryside of Suffolk, everyone can enjoy Luxury Glamping with West Stow Pods. Unlike other glamping sites, West Stow Pods is located in the privately owned woodlands in Suffolk. All the pods are self-contained ensuite and well spaced with the Lodge offering mobility access.

Luxury Glamping with West Stow Pods: Accommodation

West Stow Pods has on offer three types of accommodation single, couple and family. At the site you will find, four Mega glamping pods, one lodge and one pod hollow. All the accommodation is nicely spaced to offer privacy but close enough for neighbouring chats.

I had a chance to spend a night in one of their Mega Pods but only managed to admire the pod hollow from afar. Thankfully, Lucy of Far Away Lucy wrote a lovely review of the Pod Hollow. The site and most of the pods are dog-friendly but it is always best to inquire with the owners beforehand.

Luxury glamping with West Stow Pods
Luxury glamping with West Stow Pods

As mentioned, I stayed in one of the Mega Pods and the secret is really in the name. The Mega Pod houses a double bed and a double sofa bed, kitchenette, wet room and dining table with chairs. Mega Pods sleeps 4 people with some space for a cot bed if needed.  Staying in Mega Pods requires you bring everything because nothing is provided. But for Lodge and Pod Hollow, essentials are provided for a fully authentic experience.

Luxury glamping with West Stow Pods

Luxury Glamping with West Stow Pods; Good to know information

Whenever I visit somewhere new, I think it is important to highlight must know information. It was my first time in Surrey and visiting West Stow Village which has some tiny English roads. I own a mini SUV so I had fun driving in and around Suffolk. Here are some things to make note of should out want to enjoy Luxury Glamping with West Stow Pods.

• The parking lot looks small but can fit six cars, there isn’t enough distance between the high street and parking space. Signs have been mounted to warn visitors of children and animals playing
  • The reception is located on the left of the parking lot but it’s better to call the West Stow Pods when you arrive
  • As its the countryside, the network is not strong sometimes not even available. I have both Vodafone and EE and I barely had any signal on site.
  • The wet room had a shower, basin and WC and kitchenette had sink, mini-fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle.
  • Prices for the Mega Pods start from £65 per pod for 2 adults for the hollow its £150 for two adults. The most important thing to know is bedding is included for the pod hollow.
Luxury glamping with West Stow Pods
Luxury glamping with West Stow Pods

Places of interest near West Stow Pods

One of the things I love to do when travelling the breadth of the English countryside is finding local National Trust Properties. As a member of the National Trust, I get to visit the properties for free and enjoy free parking. I made a point of checking out what was close to West Stow, and I found Ickworth. Ickworth is a Georgian Italianate Palace nestled in the idyllic English countryside of Suffolk.

Ickworth

Not forgetting to mention the obvious, Bury St. Edmunds is a mere 15-minute drive from the pods. The town has lots to offer outside the Cathedral and the Abbey with its gardens. For foodies, Bury St Edmunds is filled with various restaurants and shoppers will love the shopping mall.

Another great place of interest for me personally is Cambridge which is not far from Bury St Edmunds. I have lived in Cambridge for over 10 years so I am definitely biased and always recommend. It even made it on my list of 13 Must Visit Places in England, that’s how much I love this city.

I am humbled that Ed and Jan agreed to work with me and I got to experience Luxury glamping with West Stow Pods. If you’re after a truly authentic glamping experience in the UK, I truly recommend West Stow Pods.

Luxury glamping with West Stow Pods
Luxury glamping with West Stow Pods

1. Nov 6, 2018 / 11:12 am

This is a very nice post, I have not been glamping before but I learned a lot through it. Thanks for posting.

2. Oct 27, 2018 / 9:06 pm

Now this is my kind of camping! These pods look amazing and very suitable to do some glamping in. I’ll definitely have to look into these. Thanks for sharing!

3. Rosey
    Oct 27, 2018 / 1:16 am

What a fun way to glamp with the family. I’d love to camp this way. 🙂

4. aareeba
    Oct 26, 2018 / 7:05 pm

omg this looks super cozy and cool. I have always wanted to go for camping and now this post really inspired me to plan one right now. Thanks for sharing

5. Oct 26, 2018 / 6:28 pm

Now this is my kind of camping! I want to go!!! I bet it’s so much fun.

6. Hannah Marie
    Oct 26, 2018 / 4:20 pm

Wow, these pods are stunning. The rustic interior gives the country feels. Maybe I could stay one night in the midst of woods in these pods. LOL

7. Oct 25, 2018 / 4:22 pm

How incredible is this little place to stay and unwind! I love need something like this to disconnect and keep a clear mind!!

8. Oct 25, 2018 / 12:18 pm

I didn’t know about this concept but it’s so, super cool! Your cabin was amazing. Now I want to go glamping! Lovd your post!

9. Oct 25, 2018 / 11:26 am

I have always wanted to go glamping but didn’t get the chance yet. The pod looks adorable inside and I can see there is plenty of space to move around as well.

10. Oct 25, 2018 / 11:21 am

This looks great and something I really want to try. We have stayed at the Ickworth which is also really lovely.

11. Oct 25, 2018 / 10:05 am

These look amazing! I;ve never really been into camping but could definitely be persuaded to go stay in one of these x

12. Gavin
    Oct 25, 2018 / 7:56 am

These look super cute! I’d love to try glancing but my “boss” won’t

13. Oct 25, 2018 / 1:40 am

I have never been to any glamping before but really get inspired by your post. The surrounding look so serene and peace. It is so suitable for a quiet getaway and certainly going to plan something like this in my future travel. I like how I can connect with the nature and mother earth, just solely me and the nature.

14. Devyani Ray
    Oct 24, 2018 / 11:33 pm

Did I hear glamping and that too Luxurious glamping? I am sold!!! I wish it was closer

15. Oct 24, 2018 / 11:02 pm

This looks like fun. We stayed in a pod similar to this overnight at Whipsnade Zoo and we really enjoyed it.

16. Oct 24, 2018 / 9:16 pm

I am surprised how spacious they are, I always imagined they would be really cramped!

17. Oct 24, 2018 / 7:14 pm

This would be a wonderful way to spend the weekend with the family. I love it, so cute and sounds super budget friendly.

18. Oct 24, 2018 / 4:42 pm

Wow, you have to wonder at what point you have to call it ‘renting a cabin’ lol! We don’t camp anymore since it’s just me and the kids, and this would be a fun, affordable alternative to pitching a tent!

19. Oct 24, 2018 / 1:16 pm

Oh yes, this is how I’d like to camp. I can’t sleep on the floor. I’m too old. But I could do this. So long as I’m comfortable, I’m good to go 😉

20. Oct 24, 2018 / 12:50 pm

I love the town you camping in. I’ve read other posts about Suffolk and it sounds like my kinda place. Those camping pods look very cozy.

21. Oct 24, 2018 / 10:34 am

Now this is my sort of staycations and weekend getaways. It’s camping but in an indoor way which I love, I am not into insects on the floor at all. The lodges look so pretty and inviting.

22. Oct 24, 2018 / 8:25 am

Now we talk. Going glamping must be for me. It looks so cozy and comfortable. I think I will as my husband to go with me for a romantic getaway.

23. Oct 24, 2018 / 8:01 am

This is so cute and cozy. I may be able to do this as long as I am warm, have bug spray and a lot of wine and chocolate.

• Miranda
      Author
      Oct 24, 2018 / 8:06 am

The most beautiful thing about this place is, bug spray indoors is not necessary but you might wanna dress up warm being so close to the Lakes.

24. Oct 23, 2018 / 6:48 pm

This is something I have always wanted to do, stay in a glamping pod. These look so cosy and comfortable. Maybe next time we are in England we can try and stay in one instead of the in laws floor!

• Miranda
      Author
      Oct 24, 2018 / 8:08 am

You definitely should give it a try as they are roomier than people might expect.