London Stansted Airport Escape Lounge Review

London Stansted Airport is one of the large airports around London that operates flights to various destinations. The current terminal was opened in 1991 and is home to 20 airlines including Ryanair – a budget airline. It is the UK’s 4th largest airport and is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In 2013 London Stansted was acquired by Manchester Airports Group which also operations East Midlands Airport.

As a frequent traveller from London Stansted Airport, I can attest to how delightful it was to experience Escape Lounge. From £25 per person, you can book an entry to the Escape Lounge to rest and enjoy various foods. The lounge is open to everyone regardless of your airline or ticket class for the aforementioned price. Passengers from DragonPass, Diners Club, Holiday Extras, Lounge Pass, Lounge Club, Lounge Key are welcome too.

London Stansted Airport Ecape Lounge

London Stansted Airport – Escape Lounge: Review

Over the last 6 years, London Stansted Airport has been my airport of choice for all my mini getaways to Europe. I didn’t know all this time was, there was an Escape Lounge where you can relax before your flight. You can imagine my delight when an opportunity arose to collaborate with London Stansted Airport. I was super excited because this was my first time in an Escape Lounge in the UK other than the lounges at Heathrow.

London Stansted Airport Escape Lounge

Disclosure: I was a guest of London Stansted Escape Lounge, all opinions shared are my own and correct at the time of this post.

The Escape Lounge is located near departure gates between Pret-A-Manger and Coast to Coast. To reach the lounge, there are stairs and a lift is available for those who might need it. One thing to note is that flight times and other notices are not shown or announced in the lounge.

When I arrived at the reception desk, I was informed of what’s available in terms of foods and drinks. It was quite in the morning which was perfect, various people were either eating or working. The Lounge is quite a large hall, whilst there are no lounge type chairs, all are very comfortable.

I was impressed by the selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks and food on the menu. Staff were always on hand to assist with any queries and clear the tables at the same time. I spent my time in the Escape Lounge working, eating and taking a nap before my flight to Bremen.

London Stansted Airport Escape Lounge

Good to Know Information

• Opens from 4 am until 8.30 pm
  • Wifi is free and available to use
  • Alcoholic drinks are also available
  • Magazines, newspapers and TVs also available
  • There are charging ports for all devices
  • Wheelchair friendly and accessible
  • Family friendly and infants below 23 months enter for free
  • Large groups (6+) should receive authorization from Lounge before booking.
  • A wide variety of refreshments are available all prepared on site
  • Vegan and Gluten Free foods are also available and labelled

I had such an enjoyable and relaxing time the London Stansted Airport Escape Loung and looking forward to more visits. Moving forward, all my early flights from Stansted will warrant a visit to the Escape Lounge.

Escape Lounge

1. Nov 26, 2018 / 7:24 pm

Ah I have never used Stansted before so not sure what the airport is usually like, but this sounds like a great way to escape the crowds and get some work done or feed the family before a flight.

2. Emily
    Nov 23, 2018 / 9:44 pm

I’ve been in that lounge before. I really enjoyed it as a place to hang out and grab a bite before a long flight.

3. Wendy
    Nov 23, 2018 / 3:11 pm

4. Wendy
    Nov 23, 2018 / 3:10 pm

I don’t travel much so didn’t even know these were a thing! This lounge looks and sounds lovely and I love that it’s family friendly too xx

5. Nov 23, 2018 / 10:42 am

That lounge looks really funky and quite comfy. I have never used an airport lounge before. I probably would before long haul but not short haul. I love airport window shopping too much 😉

6. Nov 22, 2018 / 4:36 pm

Ooh Ive always wondered what it looked like in there! I’ve never been in the airport lounge before but now I really want to!

7. Nov 22, 2018 / 12:20 pm

I have considered using the lounge there before but never got around to booking it. It does sound like a nice idea to get way from all the noise in the rest of the airport.

8. Nov 22, 2018 / 12:13 pm

I’ve always wondered if these lounges are a good idea and value for money. It looks like it is, so I’ll be investigating the options at Manchester airport. Hope you had a good time in Bremen too.

9. Nov 21, 2018 / 9:39 pm

I think airport lounges are a great idea. We’ve used one or two in the past and they’re a great escape from the noise of a busy airport. I do find it strange that they never seem to have a departures board in there though!

10. Nov 21, 2018 / 7:19 am

I love the idea of the Escape Lounge! It can get so hectic and something like this really does making flying so much less stressful – especially if you’ve got kids and a guaranteed comfy spot to sit.

11. Nov 20, 2018 / 10:34 pm

You’re the queen of making travelling from Stansted easier! Good to know it caters for families and that I’d be able to find some meat free options, too! Was it busy when you were there?

Kat x

12. Nov 20, 2018 / 10:33 pm

Kat x

13. Nov 20, 2018 / 8:59 pm

My other half swears by this place when he is travelling, He uses it to catch up on work before a flight and says it is a God send x

14. Nov 20, 2018 / 6:31 pm

The lounge looks lovely and an oasis in a busy airport. I’ll have to check it out next time I fly.

15. Nov 20, 2018 / 1:14 pm

This looks like an amazing way to escape the crowds and what a great way to start off your travels.

16. Nov 20, 2018 / 11:16 am

I’ve never flown via Standsted. What a great idea for people who have a long lay over there! It looks lovely and relaxing.

17. Jem
    Nov 19, 2018 / 9:18 am

I’ve never flown from London Stansted before. That VIP lounge looks very comfortable and swish.

18. Nov 18, 2018 / 9:16 pm

Oh, wow! The Escape Lounge looks amazing. I’ve not flown in over 13 years, and I don’t remember any airports looking as good as this!!

Louise x

19. Nov 17, 2018 / 4:10 pm

I have never flown from London Stanstead – it is a little too far for us, but it looks warm and inviting

20. Nov 16, 2018 / 9:47 pm

The Escape Lounge looks amazing, I’ll definitely have to check it out next time I fly from Stansted!

21. Nov 16, 2018 / 8:01 pm

The escape lounge sounds so inviting and comfortable. The food sounds great too, especially as plane food isn’t that nice. Glad you had a good and relaxing time.

22. Nov 16, 2018 / 8:01 pm

I flew from Stansted Airport for the first time earlier this year, and couldn’t believe how big it is! This lounge looks soooo peaceful! Kaz

23. Nov 16, 2018 / 7:10 pm

Oo this looks like the perfect way to start/end your holiday! You can’t beat a bit of luxury when it comes to jetting away 🙂

24. Nov 16, 2018 / 10:09 am

I always think I should book a lounge when I book a flight because they look so good and stress-free. Especially if yourflight is delayed as you have somewhere comfortable to sit. This one looks great, perfect place to unwind and start your holiday x