Bucketlist Destination|Best Beaches in Krabi Thailand

Krabi is one of the most popular destinations in Thailand, it is home to the golden sandy beaches in Thailand. It is located on the west and southern region of Thailand and is home to the Best Beaches in Krabi. Krabi Provence has lots to offer the tourist and makes for the perfect winter getaway. Unlike what we experienced during our Phuket Adventures, Krabi has fewer crowds and over 100 islands which are within reach.

Thailand enjoys booming tourism which means there loads of options available from types of accommodation to transportation. This was our first time visiting Thailand, we didn’t experience any issues with our accommodation nor transportation. Though, food-wise, some restaurants leave lots to be desired and would advise looking around. Though we were first-time visitors, we clued up on the Best Beaches in Krabi.

Bucketlist Destination: Thailand

At the beginning of the year, we put together a Bucketlist of 19 Places to Explore! which included trips both at home and abroad. Three months into the year, we’ve ticked off South Devon and Thailand, with the third will be Warwickshire. It has not been easy but it has definitely been worth it and excited for the next destination to be ticked off.

Though we did not necessarily have an itinerary for Thailand, we did make it up as we went. For example, our visit to Chiang Rai only had two places of interest; the White Temple and the Blue Temple. Krabi was no different, our plan consisted of spending more of our time in Krabi and laying on the beach.

Best Beaches in Krabi

Where to stay; our recommendation

When it came to booking accommodation for Krabi, we chose to stay in Ao Nang as we wanted to be close to a beach. We stayed at Anyavee Ao Nang Bay Resort, we beautiful resort with its own pool, rooms are well conditioned and offers an impressive breakfast. We definitely recommend staying at this resort, its only 5 minutes walk to the beach and it’s close to the heart of Krabi.

Best Beaches in Krabi Thailand

Krabi Provence is one of the most relaxing destinations in Thailand and has an abundance of places to explore. We were spoilt for choice of places to visit and in the end, we opted for visiting 4 islands. Mostly because we had visited a few of the islands when we were in Phuket.

Tip: When looking to book a private tour, do look around for the best deals.

During our Phuket Adventures, we hired a speedboat to take us around the islands and it was great fun. But to truly experience Thailand, you need to jump onboard a longtail boat and a scooter. We hired a longtail boat, the tour consisted of exploring four islands, pick up and drop from the hotel. These four beaches are some of the Best Beaches in Krabi, we are definitely biased.

Koh Poda and Secret Beach

Lying 8 kilometres away from Ao Nang, Koh Poda is a small beach often referred to as the Secret beach. There barely any tourists at this beach and it largely remains unspoiled with its gorgeous sandy beach. It is part of the Hat Noppharat Thara-Mu Ko Phi Phi National Park when booking tours, note that you have to pay 400 Baht extra. The fee is for the preservation of this National Park whether you intend to explore it or not.

Even though we did not explore the national park, the island has lots to keep you busy with. We were able to enjoy snorkelling, there is loads of cute fish around and fewer crowds.

Chicken Island {Koh Kai}

When fellow tourists were talking about the chicken island, I honestly thought it was an island of chickens. What I did not know is, it was the rock formation that resembles a chicken’s head and that’s why its called chicken island. We had fun snorkelling at Chicken Island, there is a snack bar which in the heat is so needed plus sandy beaches.

Tup Island and Ko Mor

Tup is another one of the Best Beaches in Krabi by a mile, we loved that early in the morning it’s largely empty. But be wary, it does get busy as it’s such a gorgeous beach and bonus is you can walk across the water to Ko Mor. Ko Mor is a small beach alongside Tup Island with shallow clear blue water and golden sandy beach.

Ao Phra Nang Beach

When our guide talked about the Princess Cave supposedly a monument for fertility, we had no inclination of what to expect. In all honesty, it’s best to either visit it yourself or google it as its pretty interesting. We did spend over an hour walking the length of the beach, its gorgeous in its own way.

Whilst we had such an amazing time in Krabi, it will also be memorable for the amount of Imodium we used. I love trying out street foods but after Thailand, I am holding off this extravagant lifestyle of mine. Anyone would expect some foods to cause issues but for us, it was the fruits we consumed that caused the issues.

Overall, we can not fault our experience in Krabi, we were able to experience new things and went outside our confirm zone. If you ever get to Thailand, we definitely recommend visiting Krabi and seeing some of the Best Beaches in Krabi. Make sure to walk around for some good deals for day trips to explore the various islands.

1. March 15, 2019 / 3:32 pm

Thailand is so beautiful. It’s one of the places that I hope to visit one day.

2. March 15, 2019 / 3:02 pm

Thanks for sharing about this nice destination. Krabi iss one of my favorite places.

3. March 15, 2019 / 6:49 am

My husband would love to visit Thailand. Its on his bucket list.

4. March 15, 2019 / 2:10 am

Thailand is on my bucket list as well! Your pictures almost don’t look real, they’re so beautiful. Aside from the tummy troubles, it sounds like you had an amazing trip!

5. March 15, 2019 / 1:04 am

Thailand is def on my bucket list. its so pretty there!

6. March 14, 2019 / 6:54 pm

Oh wow, those beaches look absolutely beautiful. Thailand is such an amazing country, I would love the chance to explore it more.

7. March 14, 2019 / 4:41 pm

Thailand has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world; looks like such an awesome experience! I’m jealous, thank you for sharing your photos!

8. March 14, 2019 / 4:14 pm

Just riding that long boat over that beautiful water would be an adventure in it of itself! The beaches are stunning, as well!

9. March 14, 2019 / 4:14 pm

I didn’t know that Thailand has these beautiful beaches. I will definitely add this to my bucket list for my summer 2019.

10. March 14, 2019 / 3:02 pm

omg the photographs and the viewssss, amazing!!! I’ve been to Thailand but never to Krabi island. Soon i hope. Thanks a lot for sharing.

11. March 14, 2019 / 2:29 pm

I do hope I will visit Thailand soon enough! I mean it is such a wonderful unique place, the nature is beautiful as well as ancient buildings. Hoping for this year

12. March 14, 2019 / 1:16 pm

Wow those beaches look gorgeous and the water so clear and blue. I never knew Thailand beaches looked like that. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful photographs!!

13. March 14, 2019 / 12:05 pm

Look at that water! I had no idea the beaches in Thailand were so gorgeous. The water is so crystal clear and inviting.

14. March 14, 2019 / 9:10 am

I last went to Thailand about seven years ago and we didn’t get to visit Krabi but I wish we had – it looks beautiful! x

15. March 13, 2019 / 3:14 pm

Oh how gorgeous! I would love to go to Thailand, its somewhere I have always wanted to visit but never got round to. One day…

16. Kirsty
    March 13, 2019 / 9:40 am

Chicken island sounds fascinating to be able to see the rock formation that resembles a head would be cool. Hiring speed boats to zoom around the island sounds like a great idea and a lot of fun!

17. March 13, 2019 / 7:23 am

Oh my gosh – I’d forgotten about how wonderful those beaches are in Thailand! I’ve got serious bucket list envy 😊 – I’m terrible when it comes to food and long flights, which would be the only thing putting me off x

18. March 12, 2019 / 7:42 pm

Wow those beaches look stunning!! I suffer from upset stomachs so not sure the food sounds best for me haha!

19. Melanie williams
    March 12, 2019 / 3:11 pm

Oh wow get me on a plane right now. I could do with this for sure xx

20. March 12, 2019 / 1:52 pm

I’ve never had a desire to visit Thailand, but your photos make me want to change my mind. It looks absolutely spectacular!

21. March 12, 2019 / 11:04 am

Oh wow, I’ve not travelled to Thailand before and I’d happily take of those beaches. They’re stunning. Mich x

22. March 12, 2019 / 8:38 am

I’ve only been to Thailand once. It’s definitely a beautiful country.

23. March 11, 2019 / 11:39 pm

I have beach envy ☹️ Your pictures looked amazing! 😂 Chicken Island made me laugh out loud I also thought it was an island full of chickens.

24. March 11, 2019 / 2:34 pm

Oh my goodness this takes me back! We used to live in Singapore and flying over to Krabi was so easy from there. I miss all the wonderful beaches there!

25. March 11, 2019 / 2:31 pm

These sound wonderful for relaxing with a good book and a beer.

26. March 11, 2019 / 2:27 pm

What a stunning part of the world! The water looks so enticing in your photos.

27. March 11, 2019 / 11:07 am

this post is perfect timing as we are going to Thailand at the end of the month – will see which ones are going to be close to us 🙂

• Miranda
      Author
      March 11, 2019 / 11:29 am

Even though we just returned, I am jealous of your trip. Have fun and enjoy the lovely sandy beaches plus weather

28. March 11, 2019 / 9:24 am

Ooh that looks gorgeous and really peaceful too. I think I’ll have to wait for Jasmine to get a little older and then I definitely want to go.

29. March 11, 2019 / 9:00 am

Oh I want to go!! Now! This looks incredible. With the girls getting older i’d love for us to explore a bit more and try some further flung places.

30. March 11, 2019 / 9:00 am