{Beauty} Keep it simple

Simple beauty Routine

Ever since I started blogging I have come across so many different products and I have been very fortunate enough to try so many. But one thing I have learnt over the last few years is be careful what you put on your face. I mentioned last week in my Flawless Foundation Routine that I before blogging I never really had much of a face routine and that is true. There was a time when though I do not suffer from acne I started using proactiv products imported from the states and they worked like a charm. Fast forward a few years later (do not know the reason) but I stopped receiving proactiv made with ‘benzene’ as active ingredient instead I was sent one with Salicylic acid as the active ingredient. A few weeks later my nose started to peel like no man’s business and the only thing that changed was the proactiv. I went back to my old bottles and compared with the new bottles and that’s when I found out the difference. You can imagine my shock, back then I did not have the wisdom to contact the company. Since then any face products that I buy which contain salicylic acid I use with extreme caution or none at all. For the rest of my face the salicylic acid is fine but for my nose area its problematic, after this discovery I stopped using proactiv and tried garnier, nivea and many others and they were good for a period. A while later I started to use Simple, then I wanted to try a new product and I came off Simple and immediately started to use it. When the said product finished went back to Simple, what I discovered was Simple was my fall back product because I could change products come back to Simple and my face won’t break out or in my case have a rash. I realised then that if I ever run out of whatever product I was using for my face routine I should (and do) have Simple as my back up, the last thing I want is to break out in a rash when I change face products and this is one of the biggest mistakes most product reviewers make – not having a fall back product. Fall back product is not enough and this works only if you care for your skin, also give your skin a chance to breath. If and when I am changing face products (which is not too often) I like to give my skin some breathing room and I achieve this by using the weekend to go without washing my face with any product just water or a Simple cleanser with the Sonic clear. It is important to have a fallback product and also important to give your skin a day or two to breath. Other important things I have found that works for me is buying products with the same active ingredient or better yet buying natural products. If you using natural products which contain ingredients that we naturally product in the body it’s even better.

What products have you found to be your fall back products? Do you change face routines and products you use?

myrabev-signature

[wysija_form id=”1″]

1. Rayv
    January 13, 2015 / 10:02 am

I like the simple line for a drug store brand. It is really effective and priced really well. I use it quite often. I can never find their toner though. The wipes are really nice!

• January 14, 2015 / 7:49 am

They are indeed well priced and I love their mini-versions which are so handy for holidays

2. January 13, 2015 / 4:41 am

I really like the Simple product line – it makes me feel like I’m using something good for my skin. I have the cleaner, moisturizer and one other product in my closet. I’m not familiar with a couple of the items that you’ve mentioned here.

• January 14, 2015 / 7:49 am

Simple products are just some of the best products on the market, the wipes, cleansers, toner and face lotion/cream are just amazing

3. Michelle Hwee
    January 13, 2015 / 4:29 am

I have tried the moisturizer before and I love it! I have been meaning to try out more products from the Simple brand. I can’t wait to try more out!

• January 14, 2015 / 7:48 am

Good luck hun if you do

4. January 12, 2015 / 5:57 pm

Lovely! I have been looking for a list like this!

5. Courtney
    January 12, 2015 / 5:04 pm

Omg isnt it fantastic when you find a backup product?!?? Just like you I’ve been very fortunate to try so many products… But at the same time we know that all products don’t always do what they should…glad this worked 🙂

• January 14, 2015 / 7:48 am

I know right, they claim so much and then nothing. I am happy with simple have been for years now.

6. January 12, 2015 / 2:32 pm

wonderful list of beauty products you have here – those wipes will definitely seem to be handy for me.

7. Rebecca Swenor
    January 12, 2015 / 1:33 pm

These products sound awesome and I have heard of them before. I only use soap and water on my face for cleaning. When I was younger I would use Noxzema products. I don’t have a back up plan except for just water.

• January 14, 2015 / 7:45 am

Water can be your back up plan hun usually is for me when I am switching up my products for review purposes.

8. Angela Christoper
    January 12, 2015 / 12:50 pm

I love all of your review about beauty products, I’ve so many had learned about on your post and I really love to spread it thanks!

• January 14, 2015 / 7:44 am

Thank you so much Angela, I appreciate that alot

9. January 12, 2015 / 10:24 am

It is definitely great that you have found your fall back product. I don’t switch up my routine all that often, but when I do I know the products that have worked for me in the past and can always use them.

• January 14, 2015 / 7:44 am

It’s always good to have those products that worked in mind for the just in case times

10. January 12, 2015 / 5:53 am

I need a toner. It always makes my face feel so much better. The Simple brand is one of my favorites.

• January 14, 2015 / 7:43 am

I love simple toner and use it often with newer products

11. michele d
    January 12, 2015 / 3:18 am

I’ve tried a sample of Simple last year and I loved their face wash/make up wipes so I know that their other products would be a hit with me.

• January 14, 2015 / 7:43 am

They are a great range and always a hit

12. January 12, 2015 / 2:32 am

My fall back stuff is always cetaphil. It’s over the counter and as reccommended by a dermatologist and I creepdit the facial soap and the lotion for clearing up my acne. It’s very lite and doesn’t clog pores. I always go back to that.m

• January 14, 2015 / 7:42 am

I already love the sound of that product, thanks for sharing your fall back product

13. January 12, 2015 / 12:41 am

I’ve tried some items from Simple and I really liked them. Their face scrub is one of my faves. I switch up my skincare when my skin no longer seems to be benefiting from my current products.

• January 14, 2015 / 7:42 am

I do the same, i switch it up dont want my face to only take to one and then I can not longer find it.

14. Sara-Jayne Jones
    January 11, 2015 / 11:53 pm

My sister is a Simple fan, she loved it as it was the only brand not to cause her problems! I have to say I haven’t used it for years, I should try it again!

• January 14, 2015 / 7:41 am

You should, I too have never had problems with simple products

15. Fi Ni Neachtain
    January 11, 2015 / 7:51 pm

My mother started me off on Simple products WAYYY back in the day. I always use the cleanser, toner and moisturiser and I’ve never had problems with my skin 🙂

• January 14, 2015 / 7:41 am

Glad to hear it hun, I love simple products big time

16. Penny @ pennyspassion.blogspot
    January 11, 2015 / 5:26 pm

The Simple Cleanser items are great. I’ve tried a couple of them and have really liked them.

• January 14, 2015 / 7:40 am

They really are and for such a drug store brand they are hitting it with the big boys

17. Denise
    January 11, 2015 / 4:39 pm

I have been using the Simple Cleanser and it has been great for my sensitive skin. Thank you for sharing this with us

• January 14, 2015 / 7:40 am

I love all simple cleansers and use them often

18. odouglass
    January 11, 2015 / 3:33 pm

I have used Mary Kay products for years and love them! However, I have purchased the Simple Products for my husband and to take on trips, love it too!

• January 14, 2015 / 7:40 am

I have never tried mary kay products but good to know they have worked for you hun, might venture to them one day

19. Robin Rue
    January 11, 2015 / 11:49 am

I actually don’t use anything on my face other than Oil of Olay. My mom always told me it’s what kept her looking young, so I use it now, too 🙂

• January 11, 2015 / 11:55 am

I need to try oil of olay one day, thanks for sharing.