Lifestyle: LED light your Christmas

LED light your Christmas is a follow on post from Light your home and Garden light ideas. I thought since we have covered the Garden and have already talked about lighting your home why not light your Christmas? Tis Christmas next week Friday, so LED light your Christmas idea was born.

When I was a kid we did not have any Christmas trees because (1) we couldn’t afford it and (2) there no naturally growing Christmas in that part of the world. One thing we did have is Christmas lights and we used to decorate the entire living room with them. For us having these lights lite was a sign that Christmas celebrations can now commence. There are so many options out there for LED lights and the LED Hut is sharing some different types of lights to choose from which are currently half price, if you have not already bought some Christmas lights or just want to add more to your collection check the LED Hut out.

Not everyone buys LED lights because of how expensive these can be, we know they are energy saving and definitely lasts longer but most people (me included) are put off by how expensive these lights can be. With LED Hut currently having a half price sale it is time to grab a bargain or two and keep these lights for another year. This Christmas any pennies you can save is well worth it, so instead of switching your Christmas lights off when you go to bed you can keep the LED lights on and it won’t break the bank because your electricity bill will not be a huge if you used normal lights.

I was fortunate enough to be sent an LED lamp which I absolutely love and cherish, the lamp is so pretty and changes colours. Since I have not decorated my small desk Christmas tree with lights, I am using the colour change effects of this lamp to give an illusion that my Christmas tree has lights. When I got the lamp, the first thing I noticed was that it had the wrong plug for the UK. The company was kind enough to send me an appropriate plug for free, since then I have been using my lamp with ease but it also made me want to invest in an adapter that I can use whilst on the go. It was by coincidence that at that particular time I was sent a personalised gift which contained a universal adapter to help me on my travels, thanks 32red. One thing I loved about the universal adapter I was sent was that unlike the adapter for my LED lamp which can only be used with 3 pin plugs this universal adapter can be used with USB cords (like iPhone cable), two pin plugs and 3 pin plugs making it the best universal adapter to travel with. Unfortunately though it is amazing adapter, you can not use it in most on the wall sockets unless you have an extension.

I mention adapters, plugs and sockets because I think especially this time of year when we buying presents online from foreign countries, you must ensure the plug the product comes with can fit/suit your country plugs – for Europe, USA and some Asian countries they use 2-pin plugs whereas Europe we use 3-pin plugs.

Have you ever used LED lights to decorate your home for Christmas or any other time in the year?

What has been your experience with LED lights?

signature

**collaborative post**

1. December 20, 2015 / 8:36 pm

I love LED lights. I have some around my window and on my xmas tree! They are so pretty and I love that they’re energy saving, too.

• December 20, 2015 / 9:41 pm

I love LED lights too, definitely awesome because they save energy and last longer

2. December 19, 2015 / 3:31 pm

Really love LED lights! They are so much better. Great post x

• December 19, 2015 / 6:56 pm

Thanks, me too

3. December 19, 2015 / 8:40 am

I much prefer LED lights and how you can get that pretty candle effect knowing that your children won’t hurt themselves or knock it over x

• December 19, 2015 / 6:56 pm

I think that’s an awesome thing about the LED lights and there safety

4. December 18, 2015 / 10:46 pm

i love the sound of the led’s and would like to get some for my home in the future.

• December 19, 2015 / 6:57 pm

Hope you managed to one day

5. December 18, 2015 / 4:07 pm

I have had decorative LED lights in the past. My foster mother loved decking her living room with lots of lights on the mantlepiece, Christmas tree pretty much everywhere!

• December 18, 2015 / 6:46 pm

I love decorative lights too and if LED even better

6. December 18, 2015 / 3:28 pm

Would love some LED light. And I don’t think we ever got one this year and yeah expensive. Perhaps next year to be festive. Thanks for sharing this.

• December 18, 2015 / 3:52 pm

They can be expensive

7. December 18, 2015 / 1:35 pm

We haven’t made the LED jump – still using the old fashioned ones. Need to pick some up next time they’re on sale!

• December 18, 2015 / 1:45 pm

I think sometimes apart from being expensive it is also a personal choice. Hope you manage to get some soon

8. December 18, 2015 / 10:11 am

I have slowly started switching to LED’s, the price is so much more expensive, but if they last longer I am hoping it will work out cheaper x

• December 18, 2015 / 10:21 am

It will work out cheaper in the long run, they can be costly but they are worth it.

9. December 18, 2015 / 8:50 am

We don’t have led lights but want to get some s u said they last longer. I love the led lamp it looks fab.

• December 18, 2015 / 8:53 am

I too love the LED lamp, its so pretty as lights up well at.

10. December 18, 2015 / 8:19 am

We typically budget so that we can spend a little more on LED lights where appropriate because they do last so much longer so we end up spending less money in the long run.

The adaptors are very important. However I have yet to find a converter/adapter that can stand up to long time use of a Hair Dryer… Which is so frustrating. We moved back to Norway from the United States and I brought my very expensive fabulous hair dryer with me… After using it successful since May it finally blew…

Now I am on the search to find an appropriate transformer/adapter for my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.

• December 18, 2015 / 8:22 am

I think that is an awesome idea, spending a little bit more on LED because they do last for years even. Sorry about your hair dryer that must have sucked. I can not guarantee that the one I am using would not blow too but so far it has not so I am happy with it.