{Travel} Awesome Camping Trips in Australia for your next off-road Adventure

Australia is undoubtedly one of the most attractive continents around the world. It has rare wildlife, white sand beaches, and different landscapes.

Awesome camping trips in australia

Travelers review Australia as a one of a kind destination. They all want to get back and experience again the beauty of its land.

And to get the most of your adventure, you need good selections of rental motorhomes. Once you’re done, packed and get ready to go, it’s time to uncover the nature’s beauty.

Here’s a list of some of the best camping places in Australia:

Grampians National Park

Explore glorious rocky mountain ranges, wonderful wildflower displays, recreational activities, and aboriginal rock art only in the Grampians National Park. It can be found 260km north-west of Melbourne.

There are so many things to do inside the park. If you like challenging things, you can try their overnight hiking. This includes water crossings, slippery tracks, rock hopping and climbing. Hikers should be physically fit and they should plan their path and have their topographic map or compass. You can see the breathtaking view of Mt. William and Reed Lookout.

You can also try their trekking activities if hiking is not for you. The end of your journey will bring you to their famous waterfalls, the Mackenzie Falls or Tilwinda Falls.

It also has campgrounds in the forest. You can camp there with your family or friends. They provide pit toilets, fireplaces, and picnic tables. There is a $12.50 fee per night stay. You can have early reservations, especially during holiday seasons.

Leeuwin-Natureliste National Park

Enjoy fishing, surfing, walking, and camping in the Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park. It is located at Dawson Drive, Yallingup, Western Australia. You can have bush walks in the Cape Naturaliste. There is a lighthouse that acts as a maritime guide. You can also enjoy its view and attractions especially the whale lookout.

It is a home of native wildlife with possums, wallabies, and kangaroos. You can also find endangered red-tailed tropic birds nest on Sugarloaf Rock.

You will enjoy its white sand beach. It is the best surfing place in the state.

There are selected campgrounds in the Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park, it would be a memorable experience to camp in there.

Mt. Field National Park

If you want to try a new way of camping, Mt. Field National Park is there for you. Mt. Field National Park is the first national park of Tasmania. It has dazzling vistas, great walks, large wildlife, and great visitor facilities. It is very popular to the nature lover.

Start your adventure by learning the history, geology, plants, and animals of the park. The receptionist at the visitor center will give you all your needed information.

You can have a picnic with your family or friends while enjoying the famous Russell Falls. You can reach it through a forest of towering tree ferns. Based on their visitors, Russell Falls was the most beautiful and attractive waterfall in Tasmania. Don’t miss to go in here.

Another section of the park is the Lake Dobson. It includes a long trail of walks and also skiing area during winter months only. For a group of people who wants to camp, you can stay in their Government Huts. You will enjoy the view on the top of the mountain.

Camping inside the park is also available. The campground is near the Tyenna River. They offer facilities like powered sites, a toilet and shower block, coin operated washing machine and dryer. They provide a common kitchen with free use of electric barbeques and sink with hot water.

These are some of the camping trips you should consider in Australia and some adventures you can partake in. Have you ever been camping?

**This is a Guest and collaborative post**

1. January 12, 2016 / 1:53 pm

Australia looks amazing and I would love to visit if it wasn’t for the spiders. They are just to big and scary

• January 12, 2016 / 2:01 pm

Hahaha I know right! It’s a beautiful country though

2. January 12, 2016 / 12:16 pm

This is something my husband would love to do I am sure, I would be booked into the nearest hotel ha x

• January 12, 2016 / 12:28 pm

Hahahha lol awesome

3. January 12, 2016 / 12:20 am

I’m not a fan of camping, and would be so scared of the snakes in Australia!

• January 12, 2016 / 3:27 am

I didn’t think of that, I think that’s why a motorhome is the best idea as suggested 😊

4. January 11, 2016 / 9:11 pm

I really want to take Monkey camping but Hubby is against it at the moment – although I am working on him! Australia is on our hit list for a point in the future. It sounds amazing!! x

• January 11, 2016 / 9:43 pm

Maybe when monkey is a year old you guys can go. I have Australia on the list too

5. January 11, 2016 / 8:39 pm

I don’t think we will ever visit Australia as it is just too far. These all look amazing though. Kaz x

• January 11, 2016 / 8:41 pm

I know it’s far but for me somehow that’s the beauty of it for me lol

6. January 11, 2016 / 6:04 pm

I’d love to visit Australia one day – still very much on my bucket list. I’m not the biggest camping fan but I think I could make an exception for Australia’s amazing scenery and wide open skies.

• January 11, 2016 / 7:05 pm

I know what you mean I would prefer glamping but for Australia anything is possible

7. Ami Ford
    January 11, 2016 / 3:24 pm

I haven’t visited Australia, but it’s on my list of things to do as I have family over there! Going camping would be so fun too, but I can imagine it would be terribly warm! x

Ami | perksofbeingami

• January 11, 2016 / 3:25 pm

For me it’s the warmth that is the most appealing element lol but it would be awesome to go one day

8. January 11, 2016 / 2:27 pm

I’ve been camping and I even to Australia but I’ve not been camping in Australia. I imagine it would be terribly hot!

• January 11, 2016 / 2:28 pm

I think because it would be terribly hot that’s why I want to do it as I am a summer baby and brought up in such extremes of temperatures

9. January 11, 2016 / 10:55 am

I am yet to visit Australia and although it’s a while away I am debating about going for my 30th (only 4 years away!) There are few places I can go in January so this seems like the only option haha. Some awesome places you’ve picked, love the idea of an overnight hike and the waterfalls etc. Seems like such a beautiful country x

• January 11, 2016 / 11:29 am

I am yet to go myself but it’s definitely on my top 16 to consider for holidays

10. January 11, 2016 / 9:46 am

Mt. Field National Park sounds right up my street! I’d love to go camping where there’s a lot of wildlife and nature-ish walks! It’s my dream to visit Australia and I think camping would be right up my street! Although.. Mackenzie falls and Tilwinda falls also sounds lovely! I’d love to road trip and camp along the way. Ahhh, I can dream for now!
    Loved this post, thank you for sharing xx

• January 11, 2016 / 9:48 am

You welcome Sarah, sounds like you would definitely have a ball if you had the chance to go.

11. January 11, 2016 / 8:55 am

They sound great and really makes me want to go. I’ve been to Australia but never camping.

• January 11, 2016 / 8:56 am

I am yet to visit the Aussie land and would definitely love to go camping (ok more like glamping)

12. January 11, 2016 / 8:00 am

It must be amazing to camp under the open skies and take in nature and the surroundings.The national park looks and sounds amazing.

• January 11, 2016 / 8:22 am