Start your holiday with energy

Start your holiday with energy, eat the right things, snack on the right things and stay hydrated. Though I won’t claim to be the healthiest person around I do try to eat {more healthily} on holiday. I know for most people they don’t care much about what they eat and will junk on as much as they can. For me it’s slightly different in that I try to be more healthy than when I am home.

Due to the fact that I end up suffering from trying new foods and will most probably spend throwing up. This is one experience that unfortunately I experience all the time so I decided to change my eating habits whilst abroad. Here are some tips on how you too can make some small changes. Changes that will help you start your holiday with energy.

Start your holiday with energy

Stay hydrated

All my family and friends know I am not a fan of drinking water. I would rather drink tea or flavoured water than just drink plain water. Also I the UK dependent on where you’re based the water is hard and doesn’t taste nice. So to ensure I drink as much water as possible, I drink flavoured water which I make at home.

Check out: Flavoured water recipe

Start the day right

I am someone who never has time for breakfast so I have my entrusted overnight oats that I prepare the night before. Overnight oats are filled with a load of energy and will keep you full for up to 3-4 hours at a time. I always make mine loaded with fruits, yoghurt and granola.

Check out: Oats Recipes

Pack energy filled snacks

I love packing bananas for all my trips, they keep me full for a longer period than other snacks and taste delicious. There are many energy filled snacks one can try but for me bananas are it.

There are many ways you can start your holiday with energy but personally these work for me. I am always open to suggestions on how other people stay energised throughout the day.

*Collaborative

1. February 27, 2017 / 6:29 pm

Flavoured water is a good shout, I am drinking blueberry and honey water as we speak. Good way to get energy x

2. Enricoh Alfonzo Naidu
    February 23, 2017 / 9:18 pm

Se manfique! looove the tips, i’ve increased my water intake by 200% and thats going really well.

3. February 23, 2017 / 1:25 am

I’m not a huge fan of drinking water too. These are great tips to remind me to eat healthy.

4. Lisa Rios
    February 22, 2017 / 7:39 pm

These are very good ideas for being prepared, and I’ll definitely keep them in mind!

5. Wren LaPorte
    February 22, 2017 / 3:13 pm

These are helpful tips! I will have to start keeping energy fueling snacks with me. That is one thing I forget to do, is make sure I eat during the day.

6. Karlyn Cruz
    February 22, 2017 / 2:34 pm

What a brilliant tips! This is really helpful. I’m gonna save this. Glad you shared this

7. February 22, 2017 / 1:05 pm

I will definitely use your tips. I need to start keeping energy filled snacks in my car as well as in my pantry to use daily as well.

8. Hannah Marie
    February 22, 2017 / 11:14 am

Honestly it’s hard to start the morning right, there are many struggles. But I am thankful that I’ve read this. I should change some of my morning routine from now on.

9. My Teen Guide
    February 22, 2017 / 6:55 am

energy filled snacks is something that i need everyday at work! thanks for reminding me!

10. Annemarie LeBlanc
    February 22, 2017 / 6:25 am

A good breakfast is something I crave for during weekdays. We are always rushing out of the house in the morning, grabbing whatever is easy to stuff in our bags and eat on the go. I will try to prepare something that we can just pop in the microwave in the morning.

11. Kelly Reci
    February 22, 2017 / 3:25 am

that flavored water looks so interesting.. i usually put mint leaf on my water since we are same, i dont usually drink water haha lol

12. Travel Blogger
    February 22, 2017 / 2:31 am

I too have a hard time eating breakfast. There just never seems to be enough time in the morning. I will have to try some overnight oats. They sound like they would be great for my busy schedule.

13. February 22, 2017 / 1:14 am

It’s important to always stay hydrated. These are very good tips. I make sure to have snacks in my bag as well especially now that I’m a mom. Snacks are a must have.

14. Aish Padihari
    February 22, 2017 / 12:12 am

That cup of fizzy water makes me thirsty. Lovely post. But I like my water plain and unflavored.

15. February 21, 2017 / 9:24 pm

I love trying new foods out but also find that sometimes this isn’t such a good idea on vacation. I definitely don’t do it on flying days or days when I know I have a lot of activities planned.

16. John Franklin
    February 21, 2017 / 9:23 pm

It’s always too easy to leave this kind of thing to chance on holiday, I love the idea of thinking ahead more.

17. February 21, 2017 / 7:22 pm

I think it is very smart to try to eat healthier while on holiday, as you will feel so much better than eating loads of junk. I find it difficult to drink as much water as I should as well but it is important to stay hydrated. Overnight oats are a wonderful way to start your day, and your recipe looks quite delicious xx

18. shelly
    February 21, 2017 / 6:29 pm

So important to stay hydrated every day! I have to remind myself to drink more water. That oats recipe looks delicious!

19. Kara
    February 21, 2017 / 6:13 pm

I am trying to drink two litres of water a day and it is harder than it looks. Adding fruit has certainly made it more interesting

20. Chiara Lisbeth de Lisi
    February 21, 2017 / 1:45 pm

You’re right,staying hydrated is important for our health!
    Beeing healty on a trip or during a holiday is the key to enjoy every moment!

21. February 21, 2017 / 10:09 am

Staying hydrated is so important for mind, body and soul. Its also very necessary for great skin care and to see p your wits about you so you don’t over eat.