{Fashion Monday} True Colours

True Colours is the name of a track on The Weeknd’s latest album “Starboy“. I was listening to the song whilst putting this outfit together, I figured why not call it that I mean no one said I couldn’t. Though colourful outfits are not my strongest I enjoy creating outfits on my Polyvore then try them. Today’s true colours are mustard and black, the combination is just amazing.

true colours

Mustard is not a colour I often gravitate towards but of late its become a staple in my closet. You will remember I opened the year rocking a mustard dress which I paired with a lovely grey coat. Since then I have been searching for ways I could incorporate more mustard into my closet without being overpowering. During winter most of us gravitate towards darker colours to reflect the mood of the weather. But darker colours can sometimes be quite depressing and I am not down like that so I introduce true colours.
New Beginnings

#FashionMonday ~ True Colours #outfit

As mentioned mustard is not my #1 colour but for this outfit and a few others, I have tried it’s worked perfectly. It makes the black stand out even more than usual, it’s a fashion marriage made in mustard heaven. This outfit can be worn to work or a date or wherever you want, it’s not restrictive. I love handbags that match the outfit either completely or a smudge.
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and those celebrating you can check out my Valentine’s Day outfit inspo and Look. It would have been easier to have Red and Black as my true colours for today but where is the fun in that. Pushing the boundaries or contemporary thinking is my new forte. It’s been fun seeing all the memes about singles on Valentine’s Day since this is my first in 10 years. Amway, I want to wish those celebrating a lovely one and many more to come.

1. February 21, 2017 / 5:17 am

i love mustard colour too! i noticed before that my eyes looking at things mustard colour, i always notice people who walks around the mall wearing this colour

2. February 16, 2017 / 7:10 am

Beautiful shoes!! I am not big fan of heel shoes.. Sorry, my doctor told me that wearing the heel shoes is a bad idea for my back pain and legs because I have my diabetes. That’s why I have to keep active with my good shoes. And the fashions look so admirable!!

3. CourtneyLynne Storms
    February 16, 2017 / 1:22 am

Omg loving the colors!!!!!! Mustard is such a fun color!!!! Definitely a color I love wearing in the spring time

4. Cianna Reider
    February 15, 2017 / 6:33 pm

Mustard is a gorgeous color for this season! I’m working on embracing it myself. You totally put together a gorgeous outfit that anyone would love to own!

5. Dawn Gibson-Thigpen
    February 15, 2017 / 5:43 pm

wow i love your picks. that mustard skirt is everything and i also really love the handbag

6. February 15, 2017 / 4:06 pm

I think the mustard skirt looks like a perfect match with your cute heels. Didn’t know that mustard color with black could look so good together. You really rock on this one!

7. chubskulit
    February 15, 2017 / 3:58 pm

I love the color of your skirt and Oh, your bag stole my attention! The length of the skirt is perfect!

8. Wendy Lee
    February 15, 2017 / 1:57 pm

The outfit is a great! I don’t know if I could pull it off but it looks great on you!

9. Stephanie Pass
    February 15, 2017 / 8:42 am

What a cute set! I just love that skirt with the big bow on the side. Definitely a great piece!

10. February 15, 2017 / 4:43 am

The skirt color is lovely! I don’t have anything that color in my wardrobe. Very pretty!

11. bstoutsweeps
    February 15, 2017 / 4:14 am

I love this outfit, it’s so cute.

12. Meenal Ranka
    February 15, 2017 / 3:03 am

Such a great combination and style. I wish to wear yellow but the color doesn’t suits me. But looks good here

13. Cindy Nicoletti
    February 14, 2017 / 11:48 pm

You look fabulous and have such great style !! Love the dress and the color and the shoes are awesome.

14. erin fesperman
    February 14, 2017 / 11:34 pm

Oooh Anosa! Those shoes look so fab on you! I love the bright yellow dress, they look stunning together!