5 Best Theme Restaurants in Miami

Miami’s beaches may be their biggest tourist attractions, but the city has a pretty impressive collection of theme restaurants. From the traveler to the Florida native looking to explore something different, these fun restaurants in Miami will make your night out on the town that much more enjoyable. We have the list of where to eat, but where will you stay while in Miami? If you’re looking for a great place in a great location, check out the Crowne Plaza.
In no particular order, here are five of the best-hidden restaurants in Miami.

1. Arson

Restaurants in Miami[Image: Arson Miami/Facebook]

Sure, the name’s a bit macabre, but the food certainly isn’t. The theme at Arson is fairly self-explanatory, and the menu fits the name perfectly. Featuring a range of different food, each dish is tied together by the Josper grill — a Spanish-style grill that uses charcoal only as its fuel. Oh, and the grill gets up to 800 degrees Fahrenheit.

Popular dishes at Arson include their pork secreto and tagliatelle bathed in squid ink, which may not sound too appetizing, but trust us, it is.

1. Bazaar Mar

Restaurants in Miami[Image: Bazaar Mar by José Andrés/Facebook]

This is Miami, so this list wouldn’t be complete without at least one seafood-themed restaurant. Bazaar Mar gets mentioned due to it’s incredibly tasteful decorating (sea creatures on the walls built from blue and white tile), exquisite menu and location in the heart of Miami.

Food at Bazaar Mar includes a tapas-style menu with dishes you won’t find in many others places, including a blue crab-topped California funnel cake and oyster po’ boys topped with caviar and Maine lobster croquetas.

1. Sarussi

Restaurants in Miami[Image: Sarussi Cafe Subs/Facebook]

If you can sell the same monster of a sandwich and still stay in business after more than 50 years, that’s impressive. Sarussi may not have an overwhelming theme like Arson, but for sandwich lovers it’s a can’t-miss eatery.

Their original sandwich is baked ham, roast pork, mozzarella, pickles and their own secret sauce. Plus, it’s 16 inches long! It’s guaranteed to keep you filled all day or be enough to feed you and your date. Sarussi is definitely one of the best hidden restaurants in Miami.

1. Versailles Restaurant

Restaurants in Miami[Image: Versailles/Facebook]

It’s not an actual French palace, but Versailles Restaurant comes pretty close. The same golden adornments that make the real Palace of Versailles so beautiful are in full force here in Miami.

This restaurant is heavily themed to really wow its patrons, and it does a great job of it. From the ostentatious chandeliers to the mirrors in the dining room, you’ll feel a bit like royalty while dining on Versailles Restaurant’s flavorful comfort Cuban cuisine, like the classic Cuban sandwich or the oxtail stew, and king-sized portions.

1. Joe’s Stone Crab

Restaurants in Miami[Image: Joe’s Stone Crab Restaurant/Facebook]

Joe’s Stone Crab is iconic in Miami, and for good reason. It’s stood the test of time through 102 years of stone crab seasons, and even with its dated feel still draws tons of visitors.

You don’t make reservations at Joe’s. You go there and wait, which is part of the allure. There’s free parking, though, which is nice in Miami, and it’s worth the wait to have crab claws and key lime pie served to you by waiters in tuxedos.

Miami’s food scene offers tons of unique experiences to the amateur and serious food critic alike. Finding these types of restaurants while traveling is half the fun of a trip, and these five restaurants won’t disappoint.

*Collaborative

1. Guest
    July 29, 2017 / 5:40 am

You had me at king sized portions lol That rice is calling my name!

2. July 28, 2017 / 11:42 am

Wow all the food looks amazing. I have always heard great things about Miami from those I know who have travelled there.

3. Jeet Sonu
    July 27, 2017 / 9:31 am

Liked the pictures of food and made my day.

4. July 27, 2017 / 4:58 am

Oh boy, I am glad to see this list! From all these 5 places you mentioned, I have been to two so far – Sarussi and Joe’s Stone Crab, and the food was absolutely delicious. I am a foodie, I can’t wait to see what the others have good in their menu.

5. Chei Pangan
    July 26, 2017 / 4:50 pm

Omg! That Sarussi looks so yummy. I think its a good place to visit.

6. cewtypye
    July 26, 2017 / 4:14 pm

I wish I had seen this list before our visit! I ate at the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens which was nice. I think I would have preferred some lovely fancy dining though!

7. Emily Crawford Morton
    July 26, 2017 / 2:16 pm

Oh my goodness Arson looks like such a neat place!

8. Leigh Anne Borders
    July 26, 2017 / 2:02 pm

We are planning a trip to Miami next year. I will definitely check out some of these places when wee go.

9. Homemade for Elle
    July 26, 2017 / 3:11 am

Yum – it all looks delicious! I just finished watching the whole series of Dexter, and want to go visit Miami now! I will be sure to bookmark your page to check these restaurants out when I go 🙂

10. Krystel Seijo
    July 26, 2017 / 2:39 am

My dad lives in Miami so I am constantly finding an excuse to visit. Sarussi is my next stop!

11. Adaleta Avdic
    July 26, 2017 / 2:09 am

Wow all of these are so amazing!! I love the photos!

12. Theresa Sutton
    July 25, 2017 / 4:44 pm

Theme restaurants are always so much fun. I would love to go to one of these and experience them!

13. Lynzy
    July 25, 2017 / 4:36 am

OMG I am planning to head to Miami soon, and these look awesome. I am such a fan of themed food. The crab place looks absolutely amazing.

14. Cassie Liz
    July 25, 2017 / 2:02 am

We visited Miami last year but only for 2 days and didnt get to explore enough! I can’t wait to go back and try some of these restaurants because they look amazing!

15. Jen At Dapperhouse
    July 25, 2017 / 1:48 am

Oooh! I think I want to try Bazaar Mar so I can try more things since it is tapas style. But they all sound unique in their own way.

16. tara pittman
    July 25, 2017 / 1:40 am

The crab place is one that I would like to visit. The food looks so good.

17. July 25, 2017 / 1:03 am

This place looks like a great place to dine! The food looks so yummy. The Bazaar Mar makes my mouth watering. Yum!

18. Claudia Krusch
    July 24, 2017 / 11:40 pm

We are hoping to be in Miami this Fall I will have to make a list of these resturants so I can try them. The food all looks amazing.

19. July 24, 2017 / 7:16 pm

What some awesome sounding places to eat, I love the sound of Arson, though that is one heck of a name for a restaurant lol.

20. Vikki
    July 24, 2017 / 5:52 pm

Some of these places look fantastic – I hope to visit some day

21. Chloe
    July 24, 2017 / 5:49 pm

Hi, I have yet to visit Miami but hope to one day soon. I love anything food related. A fantastic selection of eateries.

22. July 24, 2017 / 3:42 pm

I have been to only a few theme restaurants in my entire life. All these places in Miami sound like great experiences!

23. Blair Villanueva
    July 24, 2017 / 10:19 am

I chose the Versailles restaurant as my favorite. The name per se sounds elan and i like it.