2018 Travel Bucketlist

Traveling wise, 2018 has started off with a bang and I am continuing that by sharing my 2018 Travel Bucketlist. Over the last 3 years I have enjoyed traveling from city to city and discovering new cultures which is always incredible.

2018 Travel BucketlistA few years ago I put off traveling because I was waiting on my now ex to take me or make excuses for why I couldn’t travel. It took my relationship ending for me to realise I didn’t have to wait on anyone to do what I wanted. With that realization I put together my 30 before thirty Bucketlist which I am completedon my 30th birthday itself. We all have different priorities in life, those with children it’s much harder to travel spontaneously like me. At this point in time in my life I travel whenever I feel like it without too much planning which is great. I am not saying it’s completely impossible to travel when you have a family, it just takes a little longer.

Over the weekend I sat down trying to think of all the places I wish to visit this year especially now that I am doing the #take12tripstravel challenge. But I also realise there are places on my 2017 Bucketlist that I am yet to visit, with that in mind it help me narrow down a list.

2018 Travel Bucketlist – Trips Abroad

There are so many places I want to visit which are abroad, for now I want to focus on Europe. European cities lay at my finger tips and I hope to explore every major city. I am also hoping to visit Hawaii one day, I even shared my Bucketlist. A repeat visit to Seoul, S. Korea seems to be on the cards but we will see as the year progresses.

• Toulouse France ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท
  • Antwerp Belgium ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช
  • Pisa Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น
  • Florence Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น
  • Luxembourg ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
  • Athens Greece ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ท
  • Helsinki Finland ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ
  • Faro, Portugal
  • Salzburg, Austria

2017 was a year I truly invested in Local Adventures, I started off by visiting the National Trust properties. Part of my 2018 #take12trips travel challenge will include local adventures too. I think it’s importance to share what wonderful places are around me. London, Oxford, Cambridge are all touristy places everyone is familiar with but I want to show the less known. With that being said, here are some local adventures on my list;

• Cardiff, Wales
  • Cornwall, England
  • Cork, Ireland
  • Edinburgh, Scotland
  • Lake District, England
  • Stonehenge, England

I will continue with my visit to National Trust properties as these are my sort of relaxing trips. They are rich in history and are a great way to spend a weekend whether solo or with family. If you’re in the UK, you too can join the National Trust either solo or as a family. Traveling doesn’t always have to be abroad, traveling locally still enhances ones life.

Have you ever been to any of these places, have recommendations? Have you planned your 2018 travels yet? Where is one place you wish to visit this year?

1. January 29, 2018 / 1:34 pm

Love that your goal is Europe. I’ve always wanted to see Italy and Greece. Safe travels this year! Wishing you the best.

2. January 25, 2018 / 11:11 pm

I am loving your list here. Need to plan my trips for the year.

3. LucyDorrington
    January 24, 2018 / 3:15 pm

I would love to visit Italy, but I also feel like I should see a lot more of the UK!

4. January 24, 2018 / 2:04 pm

Thank you, I guess I needed that to happen for me to be able to find my own path

5. MyBoysClub Blog
    January 24, 2018 / 9:41 am

Florence is one of my favourite cities. It has the best gelato.

6. January 24, 2018 / 7:07 am

I’m excited to see more of your travels to Europe. A couple of these are on my bucket list for this year too. Especially Faro! x

7. MrsS
    January 23, 2018 / 9:49 pm

How exciting, I hope 2018 brings lots more travel and adventures for you! Florence is definitely on my list too!

8. Stephanie
    January 23, 2018 / 9:02 pm

Oh some fantastic places on the list. Looks like a good 2018!

9. Janice Sheehan
    January 23, 2018 / 5:25 pm

I would definitely swap Pisa for Cinque Terre instead. There’s a hostel there as well as hotels, it’s stunning and a once in a lifetime experience creating greating memories.

10. Vyjay Rao
    January 23, 2018 / 2:01 pm

You have some really charming places lined up to visit in 2018. Faro, Athens, and Salzburg features high on our bucket list and we hope to get there.

11. Kara
    January 23, 2018 / 1:54 pm

Stonehenge is on my list too – it is not far away but we still have not been

12. Stephanie Parrell
    January 23, 2018 / 12:05 pm

Wow! I hope you get to go to all these awesome places. it costs so much money to go anywhere in Europe from Canada I can only go every few years. I love reading about others adventures though!

13. Newcastle Family Life
    January 23, 2018 / 10:24 am

My teen recently went to Faro and loved it. I really want to visit myself. I love travelling and can’t wait to travel more as my children get older. I hope you have an amazing time visiting all the places you want to this year x

• January 24, 2018 / 12:03 pm

Coming from someone who has Portuguese heritage I would definitely recommend that Faro is beautiful, especially if you are a fan of beaches and nature! I too would like to travel more this year as well!

• January 24, 2018 / 2:02 pm

I am excited to be heading there and hopefully I don’t swap it for Lisbon lol

14. January 23, 2018 / 5:14 am

I want my bucket list to look like this! With a new baby, it’s not exactly possible-but man I need to travel more. One day!

15. January 23, 2018 / 2:50 am

I am sorry to hear about your relationship ending, but I really hope that you feel happier now. Of course being Portuguese I would definitely recommend Portugal haha!

16. chubskulit
    January 23, 2018 / 12:58 am

Your list is almost like my list of places I want to visit someday. I would love to see some places in Italy and Ireland.

17. Kristine Nicole Alessandra VA
    January 23, 2018 / 12:00 am

I also tend to go to places with less tourists because I can enjoy more time visiting historical sites without having to be in line or anything. My cousin lives in Edinburgh and I see in his photos that it sure is a lovely place. Maybe someday I can come and visit him.

18. Sarah
    January 22, 2018 / 11:58 pm

You have a fabulous list. Florence was amazing. The scenery, the food the people we loved it. Pisa wasn’t our favorite. We kinda felt it was too commercialized.

19. January 22, 2018 / 7:42 pm

Wow, I’d love to go to any of these places! This is a wonderful list to conquer this year. I am all about experiences over material items.

20. Alexandra Bunker
    January 22, 2018 / 7:34 pm

I love that quote and I so agree! Travelling always opens your mind and experiences. Nothing can beat that. Love that Cornwall is included in your local bucket list ๐Ÿ™‚

21. valmg
    January 22, 2018 / 7:29 pm

I did visit England in the late 70s when I was about 12 years old. I have wanted to return there ever since.

22. January 22, 2018 / 6:17 pm

I want to travel outside of the US for the first time this year. We have two friends having desination weddings so that should make things easier.

• January 22, 2018 / 6:46 pm

Oooh I love destination weddings, I am hoping to visit the USA this year lol

23. Sara Welch
    January 22, 2018 / 6:07 pm

I have just been too busy to travel yet. I have some ideas in the works.

24. Kita Bryant
    January 22, 2018 / 6:06 pm

I have some awesome travel plans for this year. I really cant wait to go to Mexico.

• January 22, 2018 / 6:46 pm

Mexico should be awesome, I have it on my longer bucketlist too

25. Bekah
    January 22, 2018 / 4:30 pm

I love that you included some more local destinations too! I live in Glasgow and would definitely recommend coming here as well as Edinburgh. Weโ€™re national trust members too so Iโ€™m hoping to make use of it lots in 2018!

• January 22, 2018 / 6:48 pm

I definitely am coming back to Glasgow just not sure if its this year or next.

26. Candy Kage
    January 22, 2018 / 4:03 pm

We feel very fortunate that we have been to many of these places. We were lucky to live in the Netherlands and travel around.

27. January 22, 2018 / 3:49 pm

You have such a lovely list of places ahead of you this year. I like you are keeping things closer to home in some ways. There is so much to explore both in the UK and Europe. I would love to make it to Ireland one day myself.

28. Rachel Stone
    January 22, 2018 / 2:50 pm

I really love this list! I think the focus on European cities is great – really recommend Florence! Love the focus on UK destinations too – Stonehenge is a good day trip and having lived in Cornwall for a few years I can say it’s an amazingly beautiful and fun place to visit – plus theres tonnes of NT places! Going to subscribe to your blog now ๐Ÿ™‚

29. Tomi_C
    January 22, 2018 / 2:21 pm

My 2018 travel plans are all set and this year I’ve only one destination outside the U.S. I am really looking forward to vacationing with my mom and my sister and then celebrating my anniversary on a cruise with my husband this year.

30. January 22, 2018 / 1:19 pm

I love your list! I’d SO want to go to Salzburg and do The Sound of Music tour. That’s one of my favorite movies. I hope you can complete it for 2018. Your local list is fabulous too. If I were ever in England, I’d want to do a Henry VIII tour and check out all his castles.

31. Robin Rue
    January 22, 2018 / 11:00 am

Such a great list of places to go to. I hope you make it to all of them and I can’t wait to hear about your adventures.

32. Alli Smith
    January 22, 2018 / 10:50 am

You have an awesome bucket list! I want to travel to France, Italy and Greece. I look forward to reading all about your travels in 2018.

33. January 22, 2018 / 7:32 am

You’ve got some fantastic places on your list. I’ve always wanted to go to Florence in Italy!