Casale Amati – La Marchesa

Casale Amati is a country house holiday rental property, a family run business in Italy. Located in the Tuscany region of Ortonovo this idyllic rental home is every bit a home away from home. Casale Amati has three houses under one roof and La Marchesa is the first. It can accommodate 6 people plus a baby and costs €125 per house per day in winter months.

Casale Amati - La Marchesa

Disclosure: Our stay at Casale Amati was in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and images shared are our own.

La Marchesa once upon a time a summer home for Marchioness Eloisa Ingolotti. The house is an old historical oil mill and has retained most of its original structure. What stands out from the minute you enter Casale Amati houses is the uniqueness of the property. The family has utilised the features of the old oil mill to make it cozy and very homely.

Casale Amati – La Marchesa

Each home including La Marchesa has its own entrance and a shared garden. To access La Marchesa you have three options, via the garden, main entrance or via La Macine. Entering via the main entrance of this house leads you up the stair to the first door on the left. Immediately upon entering is the kids bedroom where the famous author stayed three nights. Then up the stairs on the right is the kitchen, straight through is another master bedroom on the right. Passing the bedroom leads you to the large living room area and off it is the second master bedroom.

Casale Amati - La Marchesa

The design of the entire house is impecaable, having retained the original features has enhanced its beauty. Throughout the house there is pieces that capture your attention, pieces that make it homely. One of my favourite things about La Marchesa is not only the expansive living room but the furnace. Its been yonkers since the last time I had to light fire in a furnace. I was totally hooked on making the fire every day during our stay and it’s one thing I will miss.

Another thing that stood out to me wasn’t only the amazing antiques nicely displayed around the house. It was the family touches too, pictures of grandparents, of the kids as young adults and more. We truly felt at home, the living room was our favourite place to gather and chat or watch a movie.

Casale Amati - La Marchesa

Good to know information

Whenever I visit a new place, I love the idea of sharing what I think you should know about the place. Especially with hotels and house rentals, people need to know what they should and shouldn’t bring. Plus general information about the place can help someone planning a trip.

• Kitchen – fully furnished with plates and other necessary utensils and bins and bin bags. Whilst there is no dish washer, the marble encrusted sink is amazing to do dishes in. There is a modern gas stove, microwave but no ordinary kitchen kettle. What you will find are traditional ones for brewing coffee which my family loved. Other appliances include a large fridge freezer to keep your foods nice and fresh.
  • Bathroom – no tub only shower cubicle which honestly was the best thing ever for me. In the bathroom and discretely hidden is the washing machine which came in handy. Towels are provided but you should bring your own toiletries except tissue paper.

We loved the Bedrooms

There are three bedrooms; 2 masters and 1 kids room. 1 master bedroom has baby cribs but is large enough to cater for traveling cots if you brought your own. Iron and ironing boards are provided plus plenty of storage for your clothes. The beds are double sized except for the kids which are two singles, very comfortable and warm. We love the covers on the beds very stylish and the pillows were excellent in my humble opinion.

The entire house is stone tiled which means it can get pretty cold at night, I recommend bringing slippers with you. We didn’t but had socks and were fine with just having them on. Because the rooms are very spacious, it takes a minute to heat up so a cardigan is recommended in winter months. All in all we have enjoyed our stay at Casale Amati, the family’s hospitality was second to none.

Indirizzo Via Figliola 27 – Casano di Ortonovo (SP) – Italy
P.I. 01322750454.
Reception aperta 24 ore su 24.
Check in ore 16.00 – 19.00.
Check out ore 10.00.
Info al +39 339 35 74 870 e al +39 328 29 75 919.

Website: https://www.casaleamati.com/en/

1. March 3, 2018 / 3:33 pm

Sounds like such a wonderful place to stay! I absolutely love Italy.

Marriah Tarango
    Tarango Visual Studio

2. Khushboo Wase
    March 3, 2018 / 9:33 am

Wow this place looks nice and amazing.. Would love to stay there

3. Ingrid Rizzolo
    March 2, 2018 / 2:34 pm

La Marchesa seems like a nice place to visit it looks rustic comfortable and homely. It has character blended in with a understated dignity to it

4. Holly H
    March 2, 2018 / 10:14 am

Oh wow, what a house! It sounds and looks beautiful. Definitely a treat to stay there!

5. Blair Villanueva
    March 2, 2018 / 6:24 am

This whole house for your own disposal?! Omg dear, youvare living in cloud 9 🙂
    I like your place, and the bedroom.

• March 2, 2018 / 8:45 am

We had two houses to our selves but I ended up with one all to myself and loved it

6. Laura Dove
    March 1, 2018 / 11:09 pm

Oh what a gorgeous place to stay! I really want to visit Italy this year!

• March 2, 2018 / 8:56 am

It sure is an incredible place and I can not recommend it enough

7. TeeShares
    March 1, 2018 / 6:37 pm

Wow, photos of your rental home are just beautiful. Love the decor.. Great tips too!

8. Kara
    March 1, 2018 / 5:38 pm

I looks like a beautiful place to stay and a great tip to bring slippers or socks

9. March 1, 2018 / 2:48 pm

Outside of Rome and Naples, I really haven’t explored Italy. I definitely need to explore the country a lot more. It sounds like your had a nice and relaxing time away.

10. Zena's Suitcase
    March 1, 2018 / 12:11 pm

I really want to spend more time in Italy. This villa looks stunning. I love the beams on the ceiling and the authentic features. I’m on the other side of the fence though and prefer to have a bath for the kids

11. March 1, 2018 / 11:22 am

I went to Italy years ago. I want to take my family back at some point and I wouldn’t mind staying in this beautiful place!

12. March 1, 2018 / 9:21 am

Everything about these places sounds amazing! It’s so important to me as a mom too see they think about a baby being comfortable in a crib and not just whatever the parents can bring!

13. Latoyia Dennis
    March 1, 2018 / 4:47 am

Wow! That place is ahhhmazing. I love the old feel and the tile…very nice. It sounds like rhe perfect getaway.

14. Tatanisha Worthey
    February 28, 2018 / 10:56 pm

I totally wouldn’t mind visiting Italy and staying here. It’s absolutely gorgeous and a perfect getaway.

15. Dee Jaye
    March 1, 2018 / 2:38 am

This place looks so darn cosy. I would love to spend a week or so here just chilling and relaxing!

16. Tatanisha Worthey
    March 1, 2018 / 10:03 pm

17. Tatanisha Worthey
    March 1, 2018 / 6:02 pm

18. Tatanisha Worthey
    March 1, 2018 / 11:01 am

19. Tatanisha Worthey
    March 1, 2018 / 5:00 am

20. February 28, 2018 / 7:31 pm

What a fun looking place to stay. I’ve found that I enjoy myself more when traveling when I stay at cozy places that have a homey feel, like this does.

21. February 28, 2018 / 6:08 pm

This looks so beautiful. We had the opportunity to go to Tuscany for a wedding last summer but couldn’t make it and seeing everyone elses photos I really wished we had!

22. Dana Brillante-Peller
    February 28, 2018 / 3:53 pm

What a beauty! The place looks very cozy and inviting. I love the decor.

23. madamding
    February 28, 2018 / 2:58 pm

Oh I just love Italy. The accommodation is so homely and you can’t beat Italian hospitality.

24. Jessica Taylor
    February 28, 2018 / 2:32 pm

Oh wow! This looks like a home away from home! So beautiful and comfortable looking

25. February 28, 2018 / 11:12 am

What an amazing place! I can’t believe how high the quality looks for that accommodation!

26. Justine Robson
    February 28, 2018 / 10:11 am

What beautiful accommodation. It looks so homely. I really enjoy using holiday villas and homes, so will have to add these to the list.

27. Ida JT
    February 28, 2018 / 8:31 am

Creating your own meal while vacationing is a fun way to bond with each other. The place has a relaxing vibe with the country style decor.

28. strangedaze
    February 28, 2018 / 5:44 am

You have me missing Italy so very much. I hope to visit again! What a lovely place to stay.

29. Sara Welch
    February 28, 2018 / 4:50 am

That place has some really pretty decor! I would really like to visit sometime!

30. Debra Hawkins
    February 28, 2018 / 4:14 am

What a beautiful place to stay! I love finding houses and places to stay while I am on vacation. They are so much better than a hotel!

31. February 27, 2018 / 7:22 pm

Oh now this looks like a lovely place to stay. It looks so spacious and as though you wouldn’t get all caught up in each others spaces, I love the look of the living area.

32. Food and Footprints foodnfootp
    February 28, 2018 / 12:21 am

Tuscany looks lovely! Hope to visit sometime. We like the rustic look of the place, as it has lots of character.

33. Jay Colby
    February 28, 2018 / 12:11 am

This looks like a great place to visit, I loved all the pictures you took! The house looks so spacious and cozy.

34. Tomi_C
    February 27, 2018 / 10:59 pm

The house looks so full of character. That’s what I love at staying at older places, the accommodations tend to be more spacious. Looks like you enjoyed your stay there.

35. Yuli Armstrong
    February 27, 2018 / 10:56 pm

Really love these kinds of posts! Thanks so much for sharing a glimpse of this place!

36. Kristi McAllister
    February 27, 2018 / 10:41 pm

I loved reading through this post, but I especially loved looking at the photos! I really love a house with a minimalist yet elegant decor and all of this just looked so cozy! Thanks for the honest review. I’d so travel there and stay!

37. Andrea Broom
    February 27, 2018 / 10:23 pm

This place looks so beautiful and it also seems like one of those houses from a movie, you know like in europe that we often see. it seems so cozy, i would love to stay there and explore, and write.

38. Amanda
    February 27, 2018 / 9:25 pm

What an absolutely beautiful rental! When traveling with our kids we prefer to rent homes instead of hotel rooms so we can spread out, cook some meals, and be a bit more comfortable.

39. Kristine Nicole Alessandra VA
    February 27, 2018 / 8:34 pm

Looks like a real neat place to stay. If I were traveling with my family, I’d rather rent a home than stay in a hotel. I will have to keep this place in mind if and when we get to Italy. Thanks for including address and contact number in the post. I will also recommend this to friends who will be visiting Italy this year.

40. February 27, 2018 / 8:06 pm

Wow, this looks like an amazing and cozy place to stay! That outdoor dining area in the garden looks like a dream space. I would spend all of my time out there.

41. February 27, 2018 / 4:58 pm

I honestly need a getaway like these, looks very homey and a great experience to have, love the design and architecture too. Great review.

42. February 27, 2018 / 2:27 pm

You simply cannot go wrong staying at a house this beautiful. I love that it’s filled with classic furniture mixed with the new. It’s really very spacious, perfect for families!

43. Leigh_theprimepursuit
    February 27, 2018 / 1:33 pm

Wow, what a great review! Miranda, we are neighbors as I am in Cheltenham….dreaming of taking a trip to Italy, I am so glad I found this review and your blog! I will be back to read more of your content. Thanks for sharing.

44. February 27, 2018 / 1:18 pm

I’d so love to stay in such a sweet little house! I love reviews like this that tell me to bring slippers – super useful, and wouldn’t be in a brochure. Need to go travel now!!

45. valmg
    February 27, 2018 / 1:16 pm

I have never been to Italy and have always wanted to go, it’s on my travel bucket list. This sounds like it would be a great place for a family to stay, much more comfortable and private than a hotel room.

46. February 27, 2018 / 1:12 pm

This looks like a charming house to stay. I think I’d be relaxed here. I prefer staying in houses to hotels when I travel.

47. Candy Kage
    February 27, 2018 / 12:01 pm

We love to stay in places like this. Had a lovely cottage in Ireland that reminds me of this one. Italy is next on our list.

48. Alli Smith
    February 27, 2018 / 11:56 am

I dream of staying in a place like this in the Tuscany region of Italy. I love all the old-world details and it looks so spacious and beautiful.

49. Robin Rue
    February 27, 2018 / 11:13 am

That sounds like a great place to stay. I love staying places with fully stocked kitchens like this.