Casale Amati – Le Macine

Le Macine is a holiday rental home which is part of Casale Amati, located in the Italian region of Ortonovo. The holiday rental property is housed in an old Olive oil processing mill turned into beautiful accommodations. With a surface area of 110 square metres, Le Macine is a beautiful flat and can accommodate 6 persons. We recently had a pleasure of staying at Casale Amati and Le Macine is one of the properties we utilized.

Casale Amati - Le Macine

Related: Casale Amati Country House

Casale Amati – Le Macine

Upon our arrival at the property, we were shown inside to the ‘exhibition room’ which is a nice quaint area. Then lead up the stairs to the right {to the left is La Marchesa}, we were all in awe of the entrance. Through the glass door we proceeded inside and found a beautiful old processing mill machinery. I can not describe how gorgeous this has blended in with the decor of the property. Walking through you come to the kitchen area which boosts a lovely walnut wood table dated back to 1600.

The flat is equipped with modern kitchen utilities; Fridge Freezer, Microwave, stove and utensils. Apart from the walnut wooded table, we absolutely loved the original marble sink. I don’t like doing dishes and would rather have a dish washer but not in this property. As a self designated dish washer during the vacation, I found the marble sink easy to manage and clean.

Casale Amati – The Bedrooms

Moving through the house to the bedrooms via the old stone staircase, at the landing on are two doors. To the right is a children’s bedroom which is an extension added in by the owners. The room holds two single beds, storage area and overlooks the kitchen/lounge area down below. In front of the landing is a double bed room, beautifully decorated and overlooks the garden. What we loved about the room was how cute the decor was, it truly is the little detail that makes the difference.

Leaving the landing on the left through a mini passage leads you straight to another bedroom, a double bed. This room has a balcony that overlooks the beautiful hills in front of the property as well as the sea afield. It is a very spacious room which my parents loved loads though storage wasn’t that much. Before the double bedroom is the bathroom and though I loved the lounge/kitchen area this was my favourite room. With velux roof windows to let light in, stone sink from repurposed material and lovely shower cubicle.

Le Macine is truly a gorgeous flat and as mentioned can accommodate up to 6 people; 4 adults and 2 children. After spending over 2000 euros on 4 adults for 5 days in Tuscany, I came to value have rented a holiday home. The expense for a family can definitely be high but I think renting a home away from home is more cost-effective. Speaking of costs, below we’ve listed the fees for each house and the different seasons as provided by the owner.

Content not available.
Please allow cookies by clicking Accept on the banner

Casale Amati – Costs

Prices are the same for all three houses: La Marchesa, Le Macine, Il Frantoio.

• € 125 per night / € 875 per week per apartment = rate in low season
  • € 140 per night / € 980 per week per apartment in May / June / September
  • € 180 per night / € 1.260 per week per apartment in July / August
  • € 180 per night / € 1.260 per week for apartment Christmas and Easter.
  • Renting the entire week, all expenses are included.
  • If renting for a few days, € 75 as added for the final cleaning.

In July and August only weekly rentals are possible.

• The minimum stay is 2 nights in low season.
  • The minimum stay is 4 nights in May / June / September. (however there is flexibility)
  • Renting two houses; La Marchesa + Le Macine the price doubles.
  • If wish to rent all three houses; La marchesa + Le Macine + Il Frantoio (Casale Amati), the price triples. Though discounts are available it should be agreed in advance with the owners.

Casale Amati can also be rented for weddings or events, the rental price is € 1,850 per event inclusive of overnight stay for 17/18 people. Service personnel of two people are present and the owner has agreements with some catering companies should you wish to utilize them.

Indirizzo Via Figliola 27 – Casano di Ortonovo (SP) – Italy
P.I. 01322750454.
Reception aperta 24 ore su 24.
Check in ore 16.00 – 19.00.
Check out ore 10.00.
Info al +39 339 35 74 870 e al +39 328 29 75 919.

Website: https://www.casaleamati.com/en/

Disclosure: We were guests of Casale Amati during our Tuscany Adventure and stayed in both Le Macine and La Marchesa properties

1. March 13, 2018 / 8:48 pm

The conversion has been done so well. I really need to put an Italy road trip.on the list

2. Zena's Suitcase
    March 10, 2018 / 8:41 pm

It looks amazing. The bedroom certainly has the wow factor and I love that it’s part of a converted olive oil press

3. March 10, 2018 / 8:09 pm

Such a beautiful and stunning place with so much character! I love all the decor as well! Glad you had such a great time!

4. Stephanie
    March 10, 2018 / 1:59 pm

Oh that looks beautiful and very peaceful to stay.

5. Kira
    March 10, 2018 / 9:17 am

Oh it looks beautiful and so cosy . I so need a getaway 🙂

6. Cheryl @ O the Places We Go
    March 9, 2018 / 8:39 pm

Absolutely beautiful! I love places that feel like home.

7. Melanie Williams
    March 9, 2018 / 4:58 pm

I am not at all jealous – yes I am! Looks lovely and I would love to stay there, so cosy and charming x

8. Vyjay Rao
    March 9, 2018 / 2:47 pm

The Casale Amati looks like a nice and cozy place to rent out. I like the decor, it seems quirky and yet at the same time contemporary. Combining elegance with convenience.

9. March 9, 2018 / 11:51 am

Really can’t say no to staying at a place this lovely. I like the fact that you get the whole house to yourself. It’s beautiful, spacious and just charming!

10. Lauretta
    March 9, 2018 / 10:48 am

This place is awesome! Thanks for sharing those info, I find this very useful.

11. March 9, 2018 / 10:36 am

I love the rustic and traditional design on the house. I have spent a month in Tuscany last year and the house I stayed in was similar. It’s so lovely when you can find an authentic place to stay.

12. London Mum
    March 9, 2018 / 10:18 am

I love that the old machinery is still viewable when you walk in. It sounds like such a wonderful place to stay. x

13. Debra Hawkins
    March 9, 2018 / 7:07 am

What a gorgeous place to stay! I love the look of this entire place, so beautiful!

14. Heather Castillo
    March 9, 2018 / 5:44 am

I love the look and feel of this place. I would absolutely stay here. The rates aren’t bad either!

15. sara
    March 9, 2018 / 1:31 am

This would make such a lovely spot for my sister’s wedding coming up next year! Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience and beautiful photos.

16. March 8, 2018 / 11:48 pm

It looks beautiful, I would love to stay there. Even cooler that it was an Olive Oil mill. I love a good back story.

17. Sara Welch
    March 8, 2018 / 8:44 pm

I absolutely love the authentic feel to this place. These are the kind of places I love visiting when going on trips.

18. March 8, 2018 / 6:01 pm

This place looks fab. I would love to stay here for sure.

19. March 8, 2018 / 5:38 pm

Wow this looks incredible! What a lovely place to stay!

20. March 8, 2018 / 4:31 pm

That hotel is so beautiful! I love the style,and the rustic look!