How-to Find Cheap Flights from London to Europe

One of the most frequently asked questions amongst my friends is how do I find cheap flights? When I tell people I just spent £5 for a flight to Europe and everyone is shocked. Everyone thinks I must have some inside information or know someone who knows someone. But to be honest, all I do is put my ear to the ground (metaphorically speaking) and be on the ready.

cheap flights

A few years ago a friend introduced me to a couple of airlines that have since become my favourite. Whilst British Airways, Emirates and Qatar are my favourite long haul airlines I prefer a couple of others for short-haul. Mostly because of affordability, convenience and availability of unchartered places in Europe. The aim of this article is to share how you can find cheap flights to mainland Europe from London. I will also be sharing some of the ways I send money to my family abroad.

How-to Find Cheap Flights from London to Europe

Traveling has become second nature to me that I can not see myself stopping any time soon. As one of my quotes read, if we were meant to stay in one place we would have roots. I know I am so fortunate to live so close to all the London airports which flight to majority of places in the world.

But living close to the airports doesn’t always translate to cheap flights abroad unless you monitor them. When I say monitor I don’t mean sit by your computer at midnight to when they tickets are supposedly cheaper. To be honest, I always thought that to be a myth, its one I have tried and tested and didn’t pan out. Here are some of the ways I have found cheap flights to Europe and always pan out.

Skyscanner

For the last three years, Skyscanner has been my go-to website when searching for deals on cheap flights. I have tried many other websites including Kayak but honestly for me Skycanner is better. It’s a ritual of mine where I check Skyscanner first, their ‘explore’ section is of great interest to me. It has suggested places that I wouldn’t have thought to visit initially like Toulouse in France.

Ryanair Airline

One thing I do before I check the airlines website is search Skyscanner but then book the flight with the airline. Ever since I signed up to Ryanair newsletter, I am always in the loop on cheap flights wherever. Last month the newsletter popped into my inbox and I found a flight to Aalborg Denmark for £12 return. When I traveled to Luxembourg via Frankfurt in March, my flight was only £10 return. Signing up to the Ryanair newsletter is the best thing I did for maximising my travels.

cheap flights

Wizz Air

Whilst I haven’t used this airline as much this year, its one I am glad to be a discount member of. For £30 a year I get several discounts throughout the year on all the flights to various destinations. Wizz Air is popular for flying to Eastern European cities like Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. It has definitely expanded my destination pool by including not-so-popular cities.

There are other websites I can recommend like Groupon and Expedia, these I frequently check for bargains. The ones I have listed above are top for European destinations bargain deals from as little as £4.99. But saying that, I am always open for other airline suggestions.

Do you have any tips on finding cheap tickets to travel abroad either alone or with friends? Do you use any of the websites I have listed above to search for affordable deals?

cheap flights

1. June 26, 2018 / 11:49 pm

Great tips for those who are looking to travel to Europe sometime. Love seeing new sights.

2. June 25, 2018 / 11:04 am

You had me at cheap flights! Great time of year to, as looking to book a break away x

3. June 25, 2018 / 9:13 am

Thx for recommendations. I normally use Expedia with flights and hotels and now I can have more options. Great!

4. Princess Quinn
    June 25, 2018 / 6:26 am

For promo fares, I used to subscribe to their social media pages. And so, I get to see updates for upcoming promo fares. I also book my ticket/s a year or less before my travel.

5. June 24, 2018 / 10:23 pm

I have to say I do try and avoid Ryanair whenever I can but otherwise Skyscanner s my absolute bible, I love it!!

6. Ally
    June 24, 2018 / 10:19 pm

These are such great tips! The next time I need to book a flight for a trip I will surely be following them!

7. June 24, 2018 / 10:08 pm

It looks like you have got some amazing bargains on flights – will check some of these out

8. June 24, 2018 / 6:38 pm

These are some great tips for finding cheap flights. I have heard of Skyscanner but not used it. Will have to try

9. Ada
    June 24, 2018 / 9:47 am

These tips are absolutely perfect! I love Skyscanner it’s the first thing I check whenever I’m booking any flights!

10. June 24, 2018 / 4:41 am

London is such a beautiful city and would love to fly cheap

11. June 24, 2018 / 12:34 am

I’ve never been to either place, but if I could find flights that fit my budget, I would definitely go to both!

12. Gen
    June 23, 2018 / 11:52 pm

I always check skyscanner first when im searching for flights, great list!

13. June 23, 2018 / 10:47 pm

Thanks for sharing your tips, you’ve clearly got some great deals on flights so far!

14. June 23, 2018 / 8:27 pm

These tips come in handy when you’re looking to travel more. Thanks for sharing them!

15. June 23, 2018 / 6:54 pm

I honestly wouldn’t have had a clue where to start to look for cheap flights myself. Glad t hear it isn’t as hard as I expected t to be. We have relatives abroad so this will come in handy when we have time to visit them.

16. June 23, 2018 / 6:05 pm

Interesting post, I will have to pass this on to my parents as they travel out of the states every year. I don’t even have a passport lol. But I have a question. Isn’t London in Europe?

17. June 23, 2018 / 4:40 pm

These sound like some great tips, I have to admit I don’t book flights often but I am all for knowing the best ways to get hold of the most pocket friends flights.

18. June 23, 2018 / 4:11 pm

Great tips, will keep this in mind for future travel! Finding cheap flights to your preferred location can be hard but can save you a bit of cash.

19. June 23, 2018 / 2:50 pm

This is perfect timing! I am headed to London this fall and then to France, and still need to book our flight there – thanks for the tips!

20. June 23, 2018 / 1:08 pm

Ryanair for sure, the cheapest flight tickets like hahaha last time i remember from Ireland to UK it was only 5 euros — such an amazing deal like haha

21. June 23, 2018 / 9:57 am

Very nice blog! I love traveling and London is one of my dream city that I want to visit someday! Lucky you!

• Miranda
      Author
      June 23, 2018 / 1:13 pm

Thanks lovely

22. June 23, 2018 / 4:28 am

We used SkyScanner here in the States too . Recently I have been using Google Flight since it offers a way to track prices.

• Miranda
      Author
      June 23, 2018 / 1:12 pm

I haven’t been too keen on google flights but maybe I should consider it.

23. June 22, 2018 / 11:52 pm

These are some great tips for finding cheap flights! I have been wanting to do more international travel and always want to save money

• Miranda
      Author
      June 23, 2018 / 1:12 pm

International travels does require a bit of saving so you’re doing it the right way but always have a target too.

24. June 22, 2018 / 8:58 pm

Thanks for the fabulous tips, we are looking into getting some flights to Europe on a budget and this has been a great help.

• Miranda
      Author
      June 23, 2018 / 1:11 pm

Glad to hear it and you’re most welcome. Hope you find some great deals

25. June 22, 2018 / 4:54 pm

I was recently browsing from Seattle to Florence and it really wasn’t that bad especially if I bundle with hotel

• Miranda
      Author
      June 23, 2018 / 1:11 pm

Bundles are often great for long haul flights

26. June 22, 2018 / 4:26 pm

So jealous of people who live close to London – flights from regional airports in the South West like Cardiff and Bristol aren’t as a cheap and the variety of destinations is very limited.

• Miranda
      Author
      June 23, 2018 / 1:10 pm

Oh gosh I can only imagine.

27. June 22, 2018 / 3:38 pm

It goes to show that you need to keep looking on a regular basis doesn’t it? Some of the best offers are only there for a day or two and you can easily miss them. By the way, you might like to watch out for the new charges that Ryanair have just brought in, as they can affect the final price.

• Miranda
      Author
      June 23, 2018 / 1:10 pm

I check practically daily for some awesome deals, I need to check those charges

28. June 22, 2018 / 3:25 pm

I’ve never heard of these airlines but I do love traveling. I’m definitely always looking to save money and I appreciate any advice. Thank you!

• Miranda
      Author
      June 23, 2018 / 1:09 pm

You’re most welcome, its always nice to find affordable flights

29. June 22, 2018 / 2:29 pm

I see all these cheap flight deals but then… Then… I think, well, um if I am flying over seas I kinda wanna go business class. HAAHHAHAHAHAH! THAT is when things turn $$$$$$$

• Miranda
      Author
      June 23, 2018 / 1:08 pm

Oh lovely, I made that mistake when I first started and now I found ways to manage flying long haul in economy

30. June 22, 2018 / 11:08 am

I am not a big fan of flying, but I will surely share your tips with my brother! He loves flying, and he loves especially a cheap flight!

• Miranda
      Author
      June 23, 2018 / 1:08 pm

Hahaha, I love a cheap flight too and hope your brother enjoys the post