7 Travel Hacks to Manage Early Morning Flights

Are you and avid or frequent traveler looking for tips on how to manage early morning flights? Or maybe you want to start traveling but don’t know how to manage your time without taking time off. If any of these are applicable to you (or maybe you just fancy a read) then read on.

Our aim in this article is to share 7 travel hacks you can utilise to manage early morning flights. I have been solo traveling for the last 3 going on 4 years and I have learnt a lot on my journeys. It is that knowledge that I am hoping to share with my readers in hopes it helps even one.

7 travels hacks for early birds

7 Travel Hacks to Manage Early Morning Flights

We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us, we already have the wings, all we need to do is fly. These are some of the quotes that motivate me to continue with my travels whether alone or with others. The 7 hacks we are about to share also enables us to continue on traveling and exploring our world.

7 travels hacks for early birds

Plan ahead

When it comes to traveling planning is the key to an enjoyable experience. I like to do research on my chosen destination to give me a heads up on what to expect. Obviously every destination is different but you’re at an advantage when you plan ahead. I like to read on about cities from their local tourism and the local airports as well.

Pack in advance

I can stress enough how much time you will serve if you pack in advance as opposed to the morning of. Even the night before might be cutting it too short especially for early morning flights. I encourage you to pack a few days in advance then triple check either the night before or morning of. This way you definitely know what you’ve packed and hopefully packed all the essentials. Make sure to also invest in high quality travel bags, I prefer back packs.

Book airport transfer or airport hotel

Depending on your location, it might make sense to book either one. Whenever I travel solo to a new place, I read up on other people’s experiences on using public transport. Most places tend to rip off tourists because they think you can afford it. I then decided booking airport transfers was the best way to go and much safer. There are plenty of companies I can recommend, most of which I have had great experiences with.

A more recent recommendation is *taxi airport transfers.com who offer airport transfers globally.  If the airport is too far and would much rather stay close by then consider booking hotels at the airport. No point booking hotels where you would still need to pay for transport to get to the airport. Always book airport hotels well in advance to get the best deals.

7 travel hacks

Check-in in advance

It might seem silly but it is simple enough to do. I mostly fly with budget airlines across Europe which charge extortionate amounts for airport check in. Save yourself some money and check in online, if you don’t have an app then print tickets as well.

Research your destination

Part of my planning is to research my destination as much as I possibly can. I read reviews of places and then read blog posts as well from fellow traveler. In March I traveled to Greece and as the last-minute realised my hotel was not in Athens but in the outskirts. Obviously I should have known but I dropped the ball, it paid off reading blog posts. People shared tips on how they travelled from airport to outskirts of Athens.

Pack snacks

I don’t know about you but there is something about getting up really early that makes me hungry. Often you find yourself dashing from point A to point B and when you’re settled you become really hungry. I always pack dry foods that the airport security can’t throw out and by water at the airport. Make sure you also pack sweets to give you something to munch on until you have a proper meal.

Book Another flight

I know this seems crazy but if you can not be bothered to get up early then book a better flight. Often it is with more expensive airlines but if booked in advance there are not too bad. As a lover of budget airlines this is not something I will be doing any time soon.

For those who want to travel more along side your full-time job, a few tips on how you can maximise your travels.

• Search Groupon for deals
  • Sign up to budget airlines newsletter
  • Download Skycanner
  • Travel locally

You can read more about how to maximise your travels where I have expanded on the above point.

What are some of your tips on managing early morning flights? Do you use any of these travel hacks shared in this article?

*Asterisked link is collaborative

1. July 16, 2018 / 10:22 am

These are truly helpful tips, thank you for sharing! Great article, especially since I’m leaving for my holidays on Thursday!

2. July 12, 2018 / 9:11 pm

Planning ahead is so important when it comes to traveling. This is especially true if you take medications that you need to travel with.

3. July 12, 2018 / 3:13 am

Wow these are some great tips… I love to pack my luggage in advance to escape from last minute packing and rush… by the way thank you soo much I have a early morning flight in couple o weeks and this would be helpful 🙂

4. July 10, 2018 / 3:43 pm

I always find packing early and the night before is the best. I don’t particularly like early flights but you can save so much money.

5. July 10, 2018 / 12:07 am

I always pack the night before, I think it’s habit more than anything since I often fly with work on the red eye to Edinburgh. I would be a nightmare in the morning if I didn’t do that!!

6. July 9, 2018 / 7:06 pm

I actually don’t mind flying super early – especially when it’s for vacation, because then I get more time at my destination! I think a lot of people don’t allow enough time to get through security, etc. and it causes a lot of unnecessary stress.

7. Ashley
    July 9, 2018 / 4:07 am

Great tips! With me whenever I have traveled planning ahead and packing snacks are so important. I loved how you said to research the destination

8. July 9, 2018 / 1:55 am

Great tips! I don’t fly often, but have had a couple early morning trips. They are THE WORST. I’m a morning person, so it’s not so bad for me, but getting the rest of the family together is such a pain. Getting things done ahead of time is key!

9. July 8, 2018 / 9:00 pm

Good points, we got an early flight with our kids last summer and it was a bit of a shock to the system! Snacks were a big yes!!!

10. July 8, 2018 / 9:16 am

Great post with lots of good tips.I always make a packing list and find its helpful as I cross of things as I pack them. This way we can’t forget them. Packing light is also an art one I have yet to master.

11. July 8, 2018 / 3:03 am

I hate having early morning flights (not a morning person) but these tips are really helpful!

12. July 7, 2018 / 10:58 pm

Brilliant tips, many of which I use myself. We tend to try get morning flights but not the really silly AM flights. It still means we’re up early so packing well before and bringing snacks to fill a hole in our bellies are a must

13. July 7, 2018 / 10:24 pm

The tips you gave are very helpful for traveling as a solo traveler. I will have to use them if I go somewhere whether I travel alone or with someone.

14. July 7, 2018 / 9:26 pm

Thanks for the great tips, I have been using local flights of recent as they go to places international ones don’t and they are cheaper. I love early morning flights, most of the time. xx

15. July 7, 2018 / 6:55 pm

What a nice post! I always pack in advance. If not things can get hectic really quickly. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

16. July 7, 2018 / 5:53 pm

I love this post! Flying isn’t my favourite thing to do – don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate it but taking off and landing definitely make my heart skip a beat! I think these tips are so relevant for any flight time, I always forget to pack in time haha.
    Stelle Xx

17. July 7, 2018 / 5:17 pm

Awesome travel tips! I totally agree with checking in early (up to 24 hrs in advance) and packing ahead of time. I hate rushing to the airport!
    xoxo
    Annie

18. Frankie
    July 7, 2018 / 3:54 pm

I do like early morning flights if we’re go8ng away for just a weekend. I totally agree with you about packing in advance and booking in online. We also quite often stay at a hotel at the airport the night before as we usually need to park our car and it works out quite reasonably.

19. July 7, 2018 / 8:23 am

Some great tips here, I always check in online now and with travelling with a little one my bag is always full of snacks!

20. July 7, 2018 / 4:18 am

I must say checking online is an absolute dream and time saver. You basically can do it on the way to the airport and one less thing to stress about. And I’m all about snacks lol! Prices in airports are outrageous so it really is a smart thing to do!

21. July 7, 2018 / 2:18 am

Laughed at your first tip as I seem to always book early flights & then wish I hadn’t when it’s time to set my alarm, LOL. Maybe I’ll get smart one of these years …

22. valerie christie
    July 7, 2018 / 12:42 am

Packing in advance is a great idea and bringing snacks. I also love the last tip, if all else fails. 🙂

23. July 7, 2018 / 12:06 am

I am totally a person who enjoys flying no matter what the time, but what I always forget about are the snacks. This year is the 1st time I actually flew to a destination by myself and it was kinda scary and exciting.

24. July 6, 2018 / 11:48 pm

These are some great sounding ideas, I have to admit I don’t think I would manage an early morning flight these days. Ekk!

25. July 6, 2018 / 11:31 pm

I am so not a morning person, but to save some money on flights I can handle it lol. I love the idea of packing snacks and parking early.

26. July 6, 2018 / 5:37 pm

I don’t like morning flights but these are the best because you don’t lose your entire day on travel, you can sleep on the plane and you can save time. What I don’t like at morning flights is the anxiety of my alarm not ringing and me missing the plane (as this happened once).

27. July 6, 2018 / 2:39 pm

I think these are great tips. Ive been trying to be a better planner when it comes to our families trips. I look forward to using your suggestions.
    Great Post

28. July 6, 2018 / 12:18 pm

I always pack way in advance of a flight especially if I have an early one to take, I hate being rushed and packing a few days in advance helps me feel prepared