• Summer 2018 Face Routine

Summer 2018 has been one of the best summers we’ve had for a few years now and makes sense to create a Face Routine. We can all agree that summer is a time of relaxing at the beach and enjoying some cocktails. But what runs in parallel with that is UV rays that often cause damage to our skin. To ensure you ensure summer whilst protecting your skin, follow some of our times in the Summer 2018 Face Routine.

Whenever the season changes, I make sure to adapt my face routine to match the weather. Products that I use during the winter months are not the same ones I use during the summer months. In summer I often use fewer products compared to winter and often lighten. It’s bad enough sweating through the heat, it doesn’t help wearing heavy products. For the Summer 2018 Face Routine, I am sharing tips that I am currently following.

Summer 2018 Face Routine – Tips

It might seem like such a nuisance to have a summer face routine but it is essential. The sun’s UV rays can penetrate the skin and cause abnormalities which can lead to cancer. It is therefore important to ensure you protect your skin always. Use products that will support your skin and help it to stay healthy. You do not have to use the most expensive products on the market, use the right tools. There are certain steps one must take to ensure you protect your skin. I for one follow the following 7-steps to protect my skin;

• Defend your skin with sunscreen
    • Stay hydrated by drinking water more frequently
    • Cleanse
    • Continue moisturising
    • Exfoliate
    • Load up on melons
    • Protect the lips with lip balm

Defend Your Skin

These days everyone wants to be tanned and most go as far as neglecting to wear sunscreen. One thing that you can do for your skin is to protect is by wearing sunscreen and avoiding mid-afternoon sun. If it is unavoidable, then wear big sun hats like a fedora or top up on the sunscreen.

Stay Hydrated

As someone who’s guilty of not drinking enough water, I can not emphasise it enough. Summer sun can be quite tough on the body and we sweat a lot more. It is therefore important to ensure we top up on the water lost through sweating. Always travel with a water bottle of sorts so you have water at the ready.

Cleanse & Exfoliate

During the summer months, we excrete a lot of oils which can then clog up the pores. With the need to protect our skin, sunscreen, sweat and even makeup can build up. It is, therefore, more important to cleanse daily and exfoliate twice a week.

Moisturise Daily

Even though cleansing, exfoliating and applying sunscreen is important, so is moisturising. Many people don’t moisturise because it can be a nuisance during the warmer months. Wearing a light moisturiser not only hydrated the face but protects it from the scorching sun.

Load up on Melons

If there is one healthy fruit to enjoy during the summer months it’s the melons. With almost 90% of water in them, they are low in calories and have no fat. They contain essential vitamins and minerals which you need to help protect your skin.

Protect Your Lips

Lips are often neglected when creating a face routine and even more so during summer. I never leave the house without wearing lipstick but during the summer months, I use lip balm first. Since I can not go without lipstick, I wear it underneath my lipstick and top up with the lip balm.

These are some of the tips I utilise daily during the summer months to protect my skin. What are some of your tips?

1. October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

I love melon so have no issue with that. I’ve been drinking a lot more water (breastfeeding) and my skin is definitely a lot clearer 🙂

2. October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

Oh there is nothing better than some watermelon – especially for someone like me who really struggles to drink enough – to help keep hydrated! I’ve been obsessed with it this summer. I’ve been making more of an effort to cleanse every night too! x

3. October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

Great tips! I’m guilty of not moisturising nearly enough as I should!

4. October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

I currently use the same skincare regime in the summer and winter. I do wear an spf all year round but never thought about changing my other items. Will have to consider this going forward.

5. October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

Great tip about watermelons. We’ve just discovered that you can buy frozen watermelon on sticks (advertised as watermelon ice lollies) from one of the big supermarkets. #icelollygoals 🙂

6. October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

Great tips! I dont drink anywhere near enough water and I know it’s terrible for my skin that I dont. I need to try harder!

7. October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

I always have a lip gloss in my bag and try to apply throughout the day. Love watermelons and melons too!

8. Helen
      October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

My summer skin care routine is very similar to yours. Although I didn’t know melons were good for the skin too so I’ll definitely eat more of them!

9. October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

I need to improve my skin routine and drink more water!

10. Bryanna Skye
      October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

thanks for your tip about melons I never thought of them like that – so important to take care of our skin year round but especially in the sun!

11. October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

I swear by using a foundation with UV protection, especially in this hot weather!

12. October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

This is a great post, we can do so much for our skin with eating the right food and drinking lots of water.

13. October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

I definitely don’t drink enough, I need to get in to a better habit with it as I’m sure my skin does suffer as a result.

14. Rachel
      October 8, 2018 / 1:53 pm

Keeping hydrated is so important and does wonders for your skin. Watermelon is always a good idea! xo

15. August 27, 2018 / 9:48 pm

16. August 26, 2018 / 10:02 pm

Great tips! I’m guilty of not moisturising nearly enough as I should!

17. August 26, 2018 / 9:14 pm

18. August 25, 2018 / 8:53 am

19. August 24, 2018 / 9:08 pm

20. August 24, 2018 / 6:36 pm

21. Bryanna Skye
      August 22, 2018 / 5:33 pm

22. August 17, 2018 / 10:19 pm

23. Helen
      August 17, 2018 / 10:07 pm

24. August 17, 2018 / 12:50 pm

25. August 17, 2018 / 9:54 am

26. August 16, 2018 / 11:52 am

I need to improve my skin routine and drink more water!

27. August 16, 2018 / 9:36 am