• 9 of the Best Autumn Jackets & Things to do in Autumn

As the Autumn days start getting cooler, we decided to compile a list of 9 of the Best Autumn Jackets. The stunning autumnal colours have started to ornate the trees and the reign the style calendar. We thought a nice roundup of the Best Autumn Jackets from Simply Hike would be appropriate.

Whenever the weather gets cooler, most of us long to be at home with a nice cuppa. The colours outside are always so inviting and in hopes of staying warm, we reach for the Best Autumn Jackets. In this article, we aim to share some of the Best Autumn Jackets from Simply Hike.

Best Autumn Jackets

9 of the Best Autumn Jackets

Over the last few days, the weather has been colder than usual, made me pull out all my Best Autumn Jackets. I have a collection of various jackets from all over that I often rely on when the weather changes. For those who are short on best outerwear during this time of year, here are some of our suggestions.

WOMENS STRETCHDOWN HOODED JACKET – CRANSTAND

The Jacket was created with warmth and comfort in mind suitable for any mountain-loving adventurer or cold-weather hiker. It is stretchy, moves with the wearer, perfect for a more active day out and it very warm.

WOMENS BAFFIN ISLAND COAT – BLACK

The coat is made from high quality down insulation ensures you remain snug and warm regardless of the weather. Hikers would love this coat as it’s from the Jack Wolfskin collection with internal cuffs and faux-fur hood block out the wind.

Best Autumn Jackets

WOMEN’S SELENIUM DOWN JACKET – OCEAN WAVE

This jacket is the best one I have ever owned, I love that it comes with a hoodie. It is classically-styled winter mid layer with a down and synthetic insulation blend and a windproof. The fabric is designed to combat harsh winter conditions and is water-repellent outer. The hoodie is detachable, it is slim fitting and elbows are articulated to ensure free movement.

WOMENS FEATHERLITE DOWN JACKET – ZANSKAR BLUE

This down jacket is a warm, lightweight offers windproof protection and keeps you cosy. This jacket uses hydrophobic down to keep you as dry and therefore warm as possible for longer.  It is ideal for mountain walking, high trekking or fast alpine activities.

WOMEN’S ARGO SUPREME JACKET – MIDNIGHT BLUE

This jacket is suitable for active outdoor wear during the coldest months and uses down insulation for tons of warmth without the bulk. Light, durable and with stretch panels for a close fit and easy movement, the Argo Supreme is ideal for winter adventures.

Best Autumn Jackets

WOMENS HI-Q LUXE JACKET – ANTARCTIC BLUE

Ideal for mountain activities and colder conditions thanks to its warm PrimaLoft® GOLD Luxe insulation. The fabric is fully windproof lightweight and with articulated arms for easy movement. This compressible jacket can even be stuffed into its own pocket for transport.

WOMENS LAY D DOWN JACKET – BLACK

a lovely down-filled jacket that can be worn on the ski slopes or as a winter coat for cold weather. This jacket has lots of features for skiing including a snow skirt to prevent snow from getting under the jacket. It has underarm venting for extra breathability and offers lots of cosy warmth.

Best Autumn Jackets

WOMENS FROST DOWN HOOD JACKET – SALUTE BLUE

For those that love layering this jacket is light and compressible making it a perfect jacket to layer. But don’t be fooled for it can be worn alone, the down filling pockets offer lots of warmth. This cosy jacket comes with hand pockets and an adjustable hood for shelter from the wind while skiing.

WOMENS TROPOSPHERE DOWN JACKET – BLACK

This is the ultimate jacket for all-weather hiking and is designed for comfort, breathability, mobility and protection from cold and wet conditions. It is made from highly waterproof, stretch fabric and insulated with a mix of down and synthetic insulation.  The hooded jacket is guaranteed to keep you warm and dry while the clean-cut design is smart enough to wear around town.

As you can see, Simply Hike, has a variety of impressive jackets for autumn. From the list I have compiled, I own the SELENIUM DOWN JACKET in OCEAN WAVE. I wore it over the weekend when the weather was horrid, it kept me warm and dry. The hoodie is detachable which is perfect if I don’t wish to have it on. Here is a list of things you can do in Autumn when appropriately dressed.

Related: Europe in Autumn

Things to do in autumn

Things to do in Autumn

When you have dressed appropriately, it feels like you can do anything you want. The weather is no longer a limiting factor but a reason to go out, therefore, go explore your neighbourhood.

• Go apple or pumpkin picking – we are hoping to head out pumpkin picking before Thanksgiving. Most importantly, have fun out there whilst the weather is still bearable.
    • Take a walk in the fields – with all the National Trust properties close to home, we are spoilt for choice. Besides that, we have other fields that we can explore.
    • Play in the rain – with my new jacket, which is water repellent, dancing in the rain is back on.
    • Bake some goodies – I am hoping to make some pumpkin cookies and apple pieces.
    • Make some apple cider – because who doesn’t like apple cider in autumn?

One of my favourite things to do in autumn is spending time with my family. We don’t often visit pumpkin patches but enjoy going apple picking.

1. October 11, 2018 / 3:29 pm

I am such a fur girl! As soon as a I feel a tiny bit of chill I’m trotting to the shops hunting for my next fur jacket! Faux fur or course!!

2. October 11, 2018 / 3:15 pm

In Babushka’s opinion, fall starts the best time of the year. Here in Florida we don’t have much call for really heavy jackets, but those are lovely.

3. October 10, 2018 / 11:07 pm

Those jackets would be nice when we go up to Colorado this winter. I like the blue one.

4. Ruth I.
      October 10, 2018 / 9:38 pm

My Mom would need autumn jackets when they move to Canada in February. I will show this to her. Great styles!

5. October 10, 2018 / 8:48 pm

I really need to get an Autumn Coat, I’m running around in my pack away waterproof atm. I would love one like this to keep me warm.

6. October 10, 2018 / 8:44 pm

I live in warm cost jackets and coats. I have a trespass coast one for work as it keeps the wind and rain off me and a trespass jacket when i’m out with my kids

7. Wendy
      October 10, 2018 / 7:13 pm

I have always (and still remain) rubbish at finding an autumn coat I like. These all look and sound nice but I know I wouldn’t wear them, I just don’t do coats! Love the suggestions of things to do in the autumn, pumpkin picking is our fave xx

8. October 10, 2018 / 6:24 pm

Oh I can’t wait until I can snuggle up in my coat in the cold weather! These look very comfy and cosy

9. October 10, 2018 / 5:45 pm

Oh they all look so nice and warm! I love the colourful ones, they are fab for autumn!

10. October 10, 2018 / 4:20 pm

I have the same Columbia jacket and I love it so much! I love all your picks, I think I’m buying some 🙂

11. October 10, 2018 / 11:28 am

WOMEN’S ARGO SUPREME JACKET is love!! There is no autumn here in my country but this helps a lot if i travel to Korea or Japan ☺️

12. Catalina
      October 10, 2018 / 11:13 am

Having an autumn jacket is a must. If you fell warm and comfortable in a jacket, fall can be a beautiful season!

13. October 10, 2018 / 3:55 am

These all look so cozy and warm. I love the first one that has the copper color! We have some really long winters and it is nice to have warm weather clothing.

14. October 10, 2018 / 1:55 am

These look so warm and cozy. I am one of those people who get hot easily, so usually a thick sweater works for me.

15. October 10, 2018 / 12:43 am

I love that pink jacket. I want one, nah, I need one!

16. October 9, 2018 / 6:57 pm

This is just a week too late for me having finally bought a similar looking down jacket last week. It is plum and I love it. It gives me something that looks a little nicer for those times I’m heading out in the Swedish weather but do not need to look like a total skier! A little more stylish!

17. October 9, 2018 / 6:28 pm

What some lovely jackets for autumn I have to admit I am awful for making sure I am warm. I should think about getting one of these for myself!

18. robin rue
      October 9, 2018 / 6:11 pm

We’ve been out and about doing all the fall things the past couple of weeks. Up this weekend is a leaf peeping trip!

19. October 9, 2018 / 5:54 pm

I LOVE the jacket in that first photo! I like them all but I love everything about the first one – the color, the cut – it’s gorgeous.

20. October 9, 2018 / 5:27 pm

Autum is my favourite season! And as much as I love oversized sweaters there are days when I do need to wear a jacket! I dont have one yet this season so thank you for your recommendations! Definitely will check them out as you gave some great options!

21. October 9, 2018 / 5:23 pm

I love your list of things to do in Autumn. Your selection of jackets look so comfortable.

22. October 9, 2018 / 4:38 pm

Lovely autumn jacket picks! I completely agree that when you’re wearing the right thing in cold weather, you feel like you can do anything 🙂

23. October 9, 2018 / 3:50 pm

You have selected some really nice autumn jackets to wear during fall activities. The weather here is hit or miss, one day it is in the 80 ‘s and the next it is in the 50 ‘s! These would all be great options for the Midwest weather.

24. October 9, 2018 / 2:51 pm

Fall has all sorts of great colors! It is fun to see what of fall colors make it into fashion. I could use a new jacket and I love the way these look.

25. candy
      October 9, 2018 / 2:36 pm

I am in need of a everyday go to the store things like that jacket. Grab and go for a nice long walk. Any of these would be perfect.

26. October 9, 2018 / 10:19 am

I love all of these choices, such great colours. Autumn is such a beautiful, cosy time of year, I would love to go pumpkin picking.