Eiffel Tower Tour with get your guide

An Eiffel Tower tour should be on every persons list when visiting Paris either for the 1st time or 100th. I was fortunate to grace Paris for the second time at the end of March for work. It was such a rushed decision that when I was sent to work that I didn’t go fully prepared. Part of me was hoping the French weather was be much better than the UK and packed lightly. Shame on me because apart from a few rays of sunshine here and there it was pretty much British weather. Not one to back down I decided I was still gonna make full use of this business trip. The plan was explore a bit of Paris before heading back to Oxford. My colleague had other ideas and encouraged me to book an Eiffel Tower tour with get your guide.

Get your guide are the world’s largest online platform for booking tours, attractions and activities. Having a diverse team, from over 45 nationalities, working hard every day to create the best experience possible for travelers. Using local experts to show you the lay of the land and give you a locals inside guide.

Eiffel Tower Tour

Eiffel Tower Tour with get your guide

Having been to Paris before I knew exactly what I wanted to see the second time round. The first time I arrived in Paris was to fulfill a long time dream come true for myself. I had wanted to visit Disneyland Paris for the longest time possible and one day I took the plunge. Whilst I enjoyed Disneyland I also made a point of checking out the rest of Paris including seeing the Eiffel Tower but from afar. It was football week when I went and the grounds near the Eiffel Tower were jam-packed I only managed to see if from afar. I promised myself to one day visit and explore the Eiffel Tower more closely and such was this time.

Eiffel Tower Tour

Booking with Get Your Guide

Booking the tickets to get on the Eiffel Tower whilst skipping the queue was pretty simple. I found the website easy to navigate, I knew what I wanted, I found it and paid for it. The confirmation emails with instructions on where to meet my guide and time were received within minutes. You’re encouraged to print off the booking or better yet get their app and you can have it on your phone.

The booking specifically explains what is covered in your tour. I had booked second floor tour with Seine River Cruise because option for summit was all booked out. Lucky for me the guide knew that I could easily get a ticket once I was on the second floor no problem and I did.

Eiffel Towel Tour

The Tour

I met up with my guide at the agreed place before walking to the Eiffel Tower to meet the rest of the group. We skipped the line and off we went into the grounds of the Eiffel Tower. Be mindful that for security reasons your bags and you will be searched and some items are not allowed. After the quick search we walked to a separate allocated line where we were the first group and straight away got into the elevator to the second floor. Our guide was very knowledgeable about Paris, the Tower and the history. After the tour and talk of the second floor I quickly bought my ticket for the Eiffel Tower Summit. You’re allowed to give your guide tips at the end of the tour but it’s not mandatory. I felt the tour was very well organised and it was definitely worth the money.

The Summit

The summit is not part of the tour, dependent on your ticket you either go straight to the summit or stop off ok second floor. There will always be a queue for the summit because once you get to the second floor you want to go all the way. The second floor has great views for sure but honestly the summit will literally take your breath away. Excuse my photography skills which didn’t capture the true beauty of the views from the summit. Definitely worse a visit, once at the top you get a chance to sip some champagne. We definitely did and enjoyed every minute of it, it just felt so unreal been up there.

Next time you’re in Paris make sure to do the Eiffel Tower Tour, best experience ever!!!

1. Becca Talbot
    May 30, 2017 / 6:47 pm

Though I’ve been to Paris a few times, I’ve never actually been up the Eifel Tower – I’m not a massive fan of the city if I’m honest, I find it dirty, crowded and very expensive. I much prefer Barcelona. But I reckon a tour of the Tower would be the best way of getting some decent info about the structure 🙂 x

2. fashion-mommy
    May 26, 2017 / 10:07 am

Paris is just my fave city and the Eiffel Tower is a must visit, although I am always intrigued that the French seem to hate it.

3. Geanine
    May 24, 2017 / 9:41 pm

My daughter is obsessed with Paris, but at the age of 5 I just don’t feel she will appreciate it. But these pictures are gorgeous, maybe we can go next year?

4. Kara
    May 24, 2017 / 7:22 am

I am desperate to go to Paris – Hubby and my older kids have been, just not me 🙁

5. Jenni Grainger
    May 23, 2017 / 11:16 pm

I went up the Eiffel tower on a French exchange but cant remember properly so I would love to visit again

6. David Elliott
    May 23, 2017 / 6:09 am

This would be awesome. I would love Disneyland there, but honestly I have one near me. Going to the Eiffel Tower would be an amazing and awe inspiring time. I have always thought it to be beautiful.

7. Anthea
    May 22, 2017 / 11:06 pm

I was so so impressed by the size and structure of the Eiffel Tower when we went and I so wish we had books a view before hand. The queue was monstrous so we didn’t venture up. Something will will rectify next time!

8. Bella
    May 22, 2017 / 10:28 pm

Wow the views from the Eiffel Tower are absolutely incredible! It sounds like a much visit landmark for sure!

9. Cacinda
    May 22, 2017 / 10:26 pm

I have been to Paris many times and I agree 100%, visiting the Eiffel Tower is a MUST! I love it!

10. May 22, 2017 / 9:24 pm

Beautiful photos. I only ever seen the Eiffel tower from the bottom. I would love to visit Paris again. xx

11. May 22, 2017 / 7:18 pm

Get your guide sounds great and I like the sound of having a tour to show you around the tower. The views look rather spectacular I have to say x

12. Danik Bates
    May 22, 2017 / 2:34 pm

I used to live and work in Paris and still a regular visitor to my neighbouring city (I come from London, UK) and the Eiffel Tower is a must and the views are fantastic. However after nine times, it does get a bit boring 😛 I think the queues are a turn off now so best thing to do is to get there first thing. 🙂

13. Rebecca Swenor
    May 22, 2017 / 1:41 pm

Paris is a place I have wanted to see since I was a child. The Eiffel Tower is something I have always dreamed about seeing. I would love to go on a tour of Paris some day. Thanks for shairng the information and your experience.

14. Ave T
    May 22, 2017 / 1:40 pm

I have been to France but haven’t had a chance to visit Paris yet. My husband has visited the Eiffel Tower Summit and loved it! Can’t wait to see it with my own eyes!

15. Ayushi Arora
    May 22, 2017 / 12:55 pm

the birds eye view of this magnificent building looks great. i am admiring all of this, being into architecture, the fist sky scrapper of steel of modern times has really taken my heart for its vivid carving and the semi circular boundaries from above

16. Louise Smith
    May 22, 2017 / 12:52 pm

I’ve only ever been to Paris once and couldn’t get anywhere near the Eiffel Tower as it was being worked on. I would love to visit one day though. It looks magically 🙂

Louise

17. May 22, 2017 / 12:04 pm

I’ve never been to Paris and I’m desperate to go! I will definitely heed your advice and book the Eiffel Tower Tour. x

18. May 22, 2017 / 11:41 am

I’ve been to Paris to see the Eiffel tower but didn’t go up it, I must do it next time. Great tip to have a guide!

19. Mummy Times Two
    May 22, 2017 / 11:09 am

Oooo I didn’t know you could see it with a guide and skip the queue, great tip. I stood in line for ages when we went.

20. Jaime Nicole
    May 22, 2017 / 10:45 am

Paris is number one on my bucket list. I was hoping to go this year, but it’s not going to happen. Maybe next year!

21. May 22, 2017 / 10:10 am

I’ve only ever been to France once, never to Paris though! I would love to visit.

22. May 22, 2017 / 9:38 am

I did the Eiffel Tower both during the day and at nighttime to get contrasting views and both were stunning x

23. rika agustini
    May 22, 2017 / 6:40 am

I miss this place. I can’t wait to go back to Paris, a beautiful city, great foods.

24. Alison Rost
    May 22, 2017 / 12:50 am

It’s great to visit iconic places. When you do, it feels like you just made your dreams come true.

25. May 21, 2017 / 11:00 pm

I remember visiting the Eiffel tower when I was little, and I remember how tiny and insignificant it makes you feel! It’s SO much bigger than you imagine it to be!

26. Ickle Pickle
    May 21, 2017 / 8:58 pm

I would love to visit one day – we are going to Disneyland next week but won’t have time to go into Paris. Kaz 🙂

27. May 21, 2017 / 8:57 pm

I got to do this when I went to Paris. It was such a gorgeous monument and I loved being in Paris!

28. May 21, 2017 / 8:33 pm

I’ve been up to the 2nd floor and it was fab, a great experience and something everyone should do when they visit Paris

29. Fatima Ali
    May 21, 2017 / 7:38 pm

I’ve been to Paris but it was a few years ago that we went. I loved being in Paris and we went to the Eiffel tower too, which was fantastic!

30. May 21, 2017 / 6:06 pm

I didn’t want to go all the way when we went, I was happy to stay on the 2nd floor!

31. Mellissa Williams
    May 21, 2017 / 4:33 pm

I think it’s always a great idea to book tickets online to avoid the queues at popular destinations. Sounds like this company is a good one

32. May 21, 2017 / 8:30 am

Looks like a great guide – and I love Paris too! It looks like you were lucky with a clear day for some fabulous views over the city, which is great!

33. Melanie Williams
    May 21, 2017 / 2:16 am

Love Paris and get your guide seems like an easy hassel free way to arrange tours and activities 🙂 x

34. May 20, 2017 / 11:45 pm

Absolutely breathtaking views, it’s a magical way to see the city, and it sounds really nice to get some info about the surroundings 🙂

35. Deborah Nicholas
    May 20, 2017 / 7:37 pm

I have only driven through Paris on the way to Disneyland so really do need to go back and do a proper tour!

36. Nayna Kanabar
    May 20, 2017 / 3:39 pm

I have not been to Paris sightseeing only been to Disneyland. This is on my list of places to visit next time.