Instagram
5   287
10   553
5   558
5   725

{Fashion Monday} Rocking an all black outfit in the sun ☀️

All black

Rocking an all black outfit in the sun has been something I have always done at some point. Most of us normally gravitate towards colourful pieces during summer and darker during winter. But for some reason I don’t always like to conform to the norm and will deviate at some point. It seems the weekend away in Basel, Switzerland was the “some point” for me to deviate. Black is a colour which I find so versatile and can be paired with practically anything so why not another black item.

All Black

The weather was particularly hot in Basel, highs of 35 at times and lows of 25. I felt as much as I would have loved to wear my shorts I wanted to protect my legs a little. You see I am someone who almost always forgets to pack her sunscreen. Because the skinny jeans I purchased from new look last year are quite light I didn’t sweat in them. I was very thankful that they offered me some protection but did not cause me discomfort in the crazy heat.

all black outfit

Rocking an all black outfit in the sun ☀️

I paired the skinny jeans with a top I picked up from Mr Price in South Africa last year. It is another really light material with a mesh detail on the top to allow enough sunshine in. Whilst the top is definitely light it is not see through and I often wear it to work on hot days. I love pairing this top with colourful trousers when I am trying to tone an outfit down. Sometimes (ok most of the time) I wear this top to cover my beer belly which keeps sticking out during summer time. The top is fitting on the upper part and very loose on the mid to bottom parts which is perfect. Other times I wear it is when I know I will be eating like a champion on a day out.

All Black - H&M shoes

I had recently picked up some shoes from H&M whilst I was in Bucharest and absolutely adorable them. Unfortunately for me I had to break them in during a really hot day when my feet expanded. I have blisters at the back of my feet because of them but I am still wearing and loving them big time. The weather was too hot and I am not one to wear jewellery during hot days. I opted to wear studs only and nothing much to accessorize the outfit, I felt black was enough to hold its own.

Do you ever wear an all black outfit during the summer? Or do you prefer colourful outfits compared to all black outfit?

1. OhNikka
    July 7, 2017 / 6:29 pm

You can wear whatever you want and you look fabulous too!

2. Denice Joyce Diaz
    June 30, 2017 / 8:01 am

Black outfits are a staple in my closet, I think it’s my capricorn soul which yearns for basics such as nude, black, and white. 🙂 You look amazing in your all black outfit!

3. June 29, 2017 / 1:41 pm

Honestly, I am so OVER being a slave to someone else’s fashion dictates. We know our likes and dislikes and should honor that. I wear white in winter and black all year round. I’m happy with my choices and that is what matters. Rock on Anosa!

4. June 29, 2017 / 11:01 am

I wear black all the time too even when it is scorching hot.. LOL! Husband said I shouldn’t but I always do.

5. Stephanie Pass
    June 28, 2017 / 10:04 am

I frequently wear all black. Sometimes I joke black is my signature color because I have so much of it. You look great!

6. Olujorby Chemqueen
    June 28, 2017 / 8:21 am

I love your all black outfit. You look great in it.

7. Jaime Nicole
    June 28, 2017 / 5:24 am

I wear all black quite a bit! It always looks slimming and professional! I have to force myself to wear colors!

8. June 28, 2017 / 2:55 am

I looove this look but I am definitely an all day every day color girl! Even in the winter I’m usually wearing some kind of florals hahah

9. chubskulit
    June 28, 2017 / 2:29 am

I have so many blacks and my husband would sometimes say, don’t you have any color? You can never go wrong with black, that’s for sure.

10. Shannon Graham
    June 27, 2017 / 7:05 pm

I don’t blame you, girl! No reason to conform to silly norms. Most of my clothes are void of color and involve blacks, greys, etc. Not that I’m emo or anything, haha, just for some reason enjoyed it better.

11. Kristine Nicole Alessandra VA
    June 27, 2017 / 1:07 pm

Black is an awesome color choice for formal wear./ semi formal weat. It his slimming effect, but although I have quite a few black pieces of clothing, I avoid wearing them during the summer. I just find it too warm to wear dark colored clothing.

12. Neha Saini
    June 27, 2017 / 9:49 am

All Black is the ever–green swag. And seriously telling, I can’t stop wearing, until they’ll make something hotter than black. Your outfits are really amazing. Loved those black shoes.

13. Rebecca Swenor
    June 27, 2017 / 8:16 am

I love this whole outfit but I don’t wear black much. There are exception thought when I like the style of something. The black shirt from Mr Price sounds like a shirt I would love to order along with a couple other shirt I seen on the site. Thanks for sharing this cute outfit and the sites.

14. Maurene Cab
    June 27, 2017 / 5:57 am

Sounds like a great idea! I, for one, don’t always conform to the norm. Black still looks good during summer.

15. valmg
    June 27, 2017 / 5:44 am

i wear black all year round, I don’t think it has a season. I don’t wear all black though, I prefer to pair it with another color even if it’s gray.

16. Bella Bucchiotti
    June 27, 2017 / 3:30 am

I have a pair of sandals similar to that and they are sooo comfy. Perfect for walking while on vacation. Other than those, I usually wear sneakers.

17. June 27, 2017 / 3:10 am

I’m not sure if I would be wearing an all black summer on a hot and sunny day, but you are definitely rocking it. Love the shoes!

18. June 27, 2017 / 2:14 am

This is a great outfit. I don’t mind wearing black in the heat. I don’t always do it, but I do own a couple black t-shirts that I’ll still wear in the summer.

19. Kimberly Caines
    June 27, 2017 / 12:54 am

Girl, you look great, but I don’t know if I could do this one because it’s 110 degrees in Cali today. Having said that black is my fave color to wear at night time.

20. June 27, 2017 / 12:47 am

I am a monochrome person. Grey is as adventurous as it gets so I love your all black outfit.

21. swongx0
    June 27, 2017 / 12:36 am

I always wear black despite the weather or season. Love the look you styled. The shoes are really cute! I think black goes well with anything for any occasion. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

22. June 26, 2017 / 11:11 pm

I see nothing wrong with wearing black in the summer. I like to wear a black top with fun plaid bottoms in the summer!

23. Heather @ Kraus House Mom
    June 26, 2017 / 11:00 pm

I wear black all year round. I will frequently wear an all black outfit and then wear snazzy jewelry or colored shoes.

24. June 26, 2017 / 10:51 pm

I think black is great but in the sun I prefer to wear lighter colours as black can get uncomfortable in the heat. The shoes are cute though x

25. Ashvin Nankoo
    June 26, 2017 / 9:38 pm

Your outfit looks awesome. I would not even dare to wear a shirt under the sun but the outfit is on point!

26. Maro Akamatra
    June 26, 2017 / 9:23 pm

Normally I would say that you should avoid black colored clothes under the sun cause they can be very hot but they look good on you!

27. Victoria Pekur
    June 26, 2017 / 8:14 pm

Your outfit looks amazing. Thanks for sharing

28. Christy Maurer
    June 26, 2017 / 7:52 pm

I don’t usually ever wear all black no matter the season. I go for more color no matter what the season.

29. June 26, 2017 / 7:42 pm

I haven’t really thought about wearing black in summer but I think it’s a great idea. I wear a lot of it in the winter so I’m not sure why I don’t have any summer pieces. The outfit looks great on you. Loving the shoes too.

30. June 26, 2017 / 6:54 pm

You can never go wrong with an all black outfit! It is also my go to! I quite like the shoes! xx corinne

31. Sohaiba Irfan
    June 26, 2017 / 6:44 pm

Black is my favourite color. Just so stylish and fashionable

32. Denay DeGuzman
    June 26, 2017 / 5:53 pm

When it comes to fashion I love the color black. It’s stylish, versatile and slimming. During the summer I enjoy pairing lovely black tops (much like the one you’re wearing here) with a pair of white shorts and flip flops that have a bit of a lift. 🙂

33. Alli Smith
    June 26, 2017 / 2:59 pm

I tend to shy away from black when I’m spending a day out in the sun because it gets so hot here (even though black is my favorite color when it comes to clothes). It is a cute outfit and I love the shoes.

34. June 26, 2017 / 2:17 pm

I hate it when you have to break in new shoes and they tear your skin to shreds. Those are some cuties though!

35. Robin Rue
    June 26, 2017 / 12:05 pm

I dress in mostly black! It’s slimming and I think it just looks better to be honest 🙂