April 2018 Highlights: Travel|Work|Blogging

April 2018 has been an incredible busy month full of travel, work and struggles with blogging consistently. It has certainly been the test of time and proved to be an incredibly fun but tiring month of all. I thought January 2018 was an incredibly busy month but honestly I was talking nonsense compared to April.

Often I talk about how busy each month had been without really giving details, well that changes today. I thought I start sharing recaps of the month in forms of an overview of the happenings. Some months might be boring compared to others but that’s the spice of life, variety. With that being said, let’s dive into the April 2018 highlights and share an overview of the month.

April 2018 highlights

April 2018 Highlights: Where did I travel to?

Because Easter made an early appearance this year, it meant the first Monday in April was a bank holiday. With that I decided to surprise the OH with a trip to Salisbury {pronounced SawZbree} to see the Cathedral. But the ulterior motive was to visit the Stonehenge, a bucket list item of mine for many years.

Over a week later the OH and I boarded our flight to Marseille, for our first trip abroad together. It was definitely learning experience for both of us but glad to say an amazing one too. I finally learned the inspiration for the Count of Monte Carlo books and movies, a small island of IF off the coast of Marseille.

A couple of days after returning from Marseille I boarded another flight to Zagreb Croatia for work. I hadn’t been before and I had no expectations, I found myself amazed, read the Zagreb HighlightThe weather was perfect the entire time I was there, only issue is I was indoors. But I had the weekend to explore and will be sharing must see places on here soon.

As if that wasn’t enough traveling, I had booked a trip to take my parents to Barcelona Spain. This trip came just two days after I returned from Zagreb, meaning I just unpacked, did laundry and packed again. I still wouldn’t have it any other way and enjoyed showing my parents the Sagrada Familia and Park Güell.

April 2018 Highlights: How’s Work?

This is the most common question I get from people in my life because everyone knows the situation. We went from a team of 12 to a team of 3 which means the work load has increased like crazy. I am working in my sleep, planning what to do and what should be accomplished first. Trying to maintain my sanity when all I want to do is scream at the top of my lungs. I honestly don’t  know what I would have done without my little world of traveling and blogging.

But don’t get me wrong, I am fortunate to have the job that I do as it pays handsomely so I can’t complain. It is just sometimes we need to vent so as not to hold any negative energy inside and live a good life. I believe in sharing my feelings and though some don’t like it for me it is absolutely therapeutic. With that I promised myself I would stick to a 9-6 work schedule and accept an odd 8 or 9pm meeting. I refuse to have the late calls daily as that digs into my personal time which honestly is not healthy.

April 2018 Highlights: Are you still blogging?

Regular readers know I have had a routine, Mondays = Fashion, Tuesdays = Travel, Wednesday/Thursday =whatever and weekends off. Well that schedule left the building about, hoo maybe 6 months ago or more. At the moment I am winging it and just going with the flow, but this for me is absolute horror. Having s schedule for me is very important, I don’t restrict myself but use it as a guidance.

I am a to-do list, goal setter and organised type of person and this has thrown me off-balance. So much that my insomnia is back and I am struggling to sleep the full night. If I go to bed at 9pm, I am up at 3am, sleep midnight and I am up at 4am. I am trying my old tricks and nothing seems to be working at the moment. There is so much going on with work that I have found myself dreaming about not completing a report on time. I know something has to give but I don’t yet know what and hoping to find out asap.

April 2018 has been an absolute horror story work wise but in other parts of my life its been awesome. I have been to three countries and spent an average of 3 days in each city with good sunny days. Somehow I feel quite relieved sharing the April 2018 highlights, now I am ready to conquer May 2018. May looks a bit more promising but I won’t believe it till I see it.

How was your April? Did you travel much?

1. October 8, 2018 / 2:16 pm

It sounds like you have caught the travel bug. It’s lovey to have so many opportunities to see new places and discover new cultures and sights.

2. October 8, 2018 / 1:53 pm

Some very exciting and interesting places you have visited in April. What have you got in store for May.

John M

3. October 8, 2018 / 1:53 pm

You certainly have had a busy time. I would love to go to Croatia – Salisbury is a love area to go to, really great to see Stone Henge.

• October 8, 2018 / 4:46 pm

I am hoping to explore more of Croatia but first, I need to return to Zagreb with my parents in toll

4. October 8, 2018 / 1:53 pm

It looks like a travel filled month for you. Good luck on the added workload with your team down to 3. I hope you get an added support on your team.

5. Peter
    October 8, 2018 / 1:21 pm

Travelling well and keeping busy so awesome! We try to leave work alone for the nights and it seems to be working.. wish we could travel some more ourselves!

6. October 8, 2018 / 1:21 pm

I went to Mexico, Dallas and New Orleans in April. I’ve got a few upcoming trips planned for May including one to Dallas, it’s one of my favorite cities.

7. October 8, 2018 / 1:21 pm

IU’m intrigued to know what you do for a job – it sounds like a really jet-set lifestyle. I know from past experience though that whilst travel looks glamorous it can be really hard work.

8. October 8, 2018 / 1:21 pm

How lucky you are to travel to such wonderful places! Blogging is a job in itself. I work a full time demanding job and do blogging part time too.

9. October 8, 2018 / 1:21 pm

It sounds like you had a great April. I’d love to visit some of the places you do, one of these days!

10. Dannii
    October 8, 2018 / 1:21 pm

We went to Salisbury last year and were amazed at how awesome it was. It’s a shame we were only there for a couple of hours.

11. October 8, 2018 / 1:21 pm

How gorgeous is St Marks Church! Sorry to hear that work has become crazy for you but what a fabulous month of travelling. Work has gone insane for me too so I feel your pain there but the only place I visited during April was Newcastle for a birthday, better than nothing though right

12. May 8, 2018 / 1:43 pm

13. May 8, 2018 / 1:42 pm

It sounds like you have caught the travel bug. It’s loveky to have so many opportunities to see new places.

14. May 8, 2018 / 12:09 pm

I love visiting Salisbury as its not too far from me but still haven’t done Stonehenge. It;s on the list for this year

15. October 8, 2018 / 2:16 pm

16. October 8, 2018 / 4:34 pm

17. May 7, 2018 / 7:42 pm

Wow it sounds like you had a great April! I love to see what everyone achieved each month, although it makes me very jealous – ha!

18. Bryanna Skye
    May 7, 2018 / 5:18 pm

Wow you sound so so busy! Although I guess the travel is a good sort of busy 🙂 Hope things calm down a bit for you x