Home Improvements: Bathroom Wishlist 2018

Your home is your castle and you should look after it as such even when you’re renting. As a renter myself I have often shared tips on how you revamp your home without changing much. Of late I have been really unhappy with my bathroom and have been looking at ways I can revamp it. I spend enough time in my bathroom that I feel it should be a relaxing place. And at the moment is it not, hence why I am putting together a bathroom wishlist.

Bathroom Wishlist

Often when I talk of home improvements on the blog, I mostly focus on the bedroom or Flooring. Early in the year I shared Bathroom trends for 2018 and its made of think of what I like. For me a bathroom doesn’t have to be complicated or too sophisticated, it has to be fit for purpose. The bathroom wishlist I have put together is ensuring my bathroom stays fit for purpose.

Home Improvements: Bathroom Wishlist 2018

As a renter I know I can not gut out my bathroom and replace it with a superb shower cubicle. But a girl can always dream of what I know would make my future bathroom more fit for purpose. Obviously the inspiration is stemming from the current bathroom which need some changes. Here are some of the items I am noting down on my bathroom wishlist.

bathroom wishlist

A Standalone Bath tub

I am someone who loves her showers spending way too much time in there doing God knows what. But I also love a good bath tub, lately I have been thinking of just relaxing in the tub. Before I moved out of my parents house, this was one luxury I thoroughly enjoyed having at my disposal.

Hydro Massage Shower Cubicle

Recently I shared the Spring Cleaning Routine & Alternatives post where I introduced insignia Showers. Since then I have been dreaming about owning one in my own home, a massage shower cubicle. There is nothing I love more than a good massage and a massage within the shower is just amazing.

Big Oval Mirror

Somehow I have found oval mirrors make the space even more cuter than other shaped mirrors.  Mirrors if placed correctly help to bring more light into the room and can be decorative too. My current mirror does the basic job but its in an awkward position and I have no bathroom window. I am in dire need of a window in my bathroom as my current situation is not ideal.

bathroom wishlist

Countertop Basin

When it comes to the sink area in the bathroom, I prefer *elegant glass wash basins than just a sink. I feel with the countertop basins you can utilise the bathroom space more efficiently. Often in homes under the sink area doesn’t allow for much storage and often is awkwardly shaped.

Engineered wood flooring

One thing I am yet to make my absolute mind about is bathroom flooring. Every type of flooring has some disadvantage being in the bathroom and potential water spillage. But I still think engineered wood is the best type of flooring for my future bathroom. It is easy to clean, looks good but as with wood exposure to water is not good.

Low lighting

I don’t know why but I have always preferred dimmed lighting in the bathroom. The only area in the bathroom I want bright lights is the mirror and the rest not so much. Somehow bright light in the bathroom hurts my eyes and would rather dimmed lighting.

And there you have it, my 2018 bathroom wishlist consisting of all the items my current bathrooms lacks. When you’re renting it’s easier to create a wishlist than it is to change some things in the house.

What items would you include in your bathroom wishlist?

Platinum Taps & Bathrooms are a family run business supplying kitchen and bathroom products since 2005. They are cheaper than the high street shops and offer a 10-year guarantee on their products which are of high quality. If you’re looking to upgrade your kitchen or bathroom but don’t want to spend too much, give them a call. See there website for more details: https://www.tapsbathrooms.com/

*Asterisked link is a collaborative post

1. May 15, 2018 / 12:59 pm

Like you, I would love a standalone bath tub but the Hydro Massage Shower Cubicle immediately caught my attention! They sound like the ultimate in luxury showers – utter bliss! And I’ve never thought of an engineered wooden floor in the bathroom but that’s a great idea too!

2. May 9, 2018 / 6:47 pm

Oh my this is a wonderful list! My list is similar to yours, I want a stand alone tub as well. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

3. May 7, 2018 / 7:46 am

I would love to have a bathtub in our bathroom, but it’s so small. This is a great wishlist, wish all the best to be able to put it in practice.

4. May 7, 2018 / 4:15 am

Your wishlist is almost identical to mine! I really want to redo mine with a stand alone tub, and stone flooring! I also want to add infrared lighting to my shower. Here’s to getting our dream bathrooms!

5. May 6, 2018 / 8:38 pm

I really like the Stand alone bathtub there. I have had one of those tubs before. And I think it’s really cool. The countertop basin is beautiful as well.

6. CJ
    May 6, 2018 / 6:09 pm

These sound like some excellent suggestions. I also like the idea of a counter top basin, they look very sophisticated. I prefer to have my bathroom well lit, so I don’t think I will be going for a low lighting option.

7. May 6, 2018 / 3:00 pm

I was lucky that I could build my wish list bathroom a few years ago. We have a counter top Basin of natural stone which I love.

8. May 6, 2018 / 11:25 am

What a fab selection of bathroom items. This as inspiration is surely going to creat a lovely space. I love a nice and renovated bathroom. I love relaxing the bath. Thanks for sharing.

9. May 6, 2018 / 9:03 am

With these on your wishlist, you’ll definitely have such a wonderful bathroom space for sure; the hydro massager especially lol! I think many overlook the bathroom when it comes to revamping the place but this is such a challenge given.

10. May 6, 2018 / 6:09 am

My bathroom wishlist just include a large rainwater showerhead and aromatheraphy jar with lavender.

11. May 5, 2018 / 7:18 pm

I have bathroom wishlist too but we are planning to move so I will reserve it for the new place. Thanks for sharing your list because I realized I needed some of those too.

12. May 5, 2018 / 2:02 pm

I would give anything to fill up that tub and soak away all of my aches and pains. I can see why these are on your wishlist, they’re now on mine.

13. Heather Reed
    May 5, 2018 / 1:40 pm

Your ideas and pics are awesome! I need to win the lottery and hire you!!

14. May 5, 2018 / 10:27 am

I’ve just been pinning loads of bathroom things because we are moving house! love that basin! x

15. Arleene
    May 5, 2018 / 4:20 am

Very nice! I would love to have a free standing tub, they are so beautiful!

16. Suzanne
    May 5, 2018 / 1:31 am

Such tub goals! I can’t decide which one is best either ;P

17. May 4, 2018 / 10:22 pm

I would love a stand alone claw foot bath that’s my dream

18. May 4, 2018 / 8:25 pm

I love the basin and the stand alone tub. I own my home and I’m considering placing a double sink and I will most likely add the wash basin. Love it!

19. May 4, 2018 / 7:26 pm

Great project! Two years ago a friend and I remodeled my bathroom and took out everything and started over. What a project it was for someone who knows NOTHING about construction. I was so proud of myself for cutting tile and picking out everything. It’s a great project and you’ll feel so accomplished when it’s done!

• May 4, 2018 / 7:42 pm

Oh wow that is incredible, you guys did such an amazing job. I would have been busy hiring people

20. Ally
    May 4, 2018 / 5:41 pm

My bathroom wishlist and your bathroom wishlist are one in the same! We plan on redoing our bathroom by the end of the year and wow did your post make me really excited to start the process!

• May 4, 2018 / 7:46 pm

Awww I am so glad to hear that and more jealous actually as you get to work on it soon

21. May 4, 2018 / 1:32 pm

These are lovely designs. I will add them to my checklist. I really wanna redo my bathroom.

22. May 4, 2018 / 1:31 pm

I want to re do all our bathrooms. They just look blah! I want new flooring, painted walls, better mirrors…I just need to win the lottery. I like your ideas!

23. May 4, 2018 / 1:20 pm

Awww I love that bath tub! It looks very sleek and comfortable. That would be on my wishlist for sure!

24. May 3, 2018 / 8:28 pm

I love the idea of having engineered wood flooring to give the bathroom a softer feel. I wish I had a bathroom big enough for a walk in shower, that would be my dream!

25. Kate
    May 3, 2018 / 4:24 pm

I love good lighting, a big window and a good mirror! You’ve got a really nice selection of products in your post.

26. May 2, 2018 / 12:56 pm

I’m desperate to have my bathroom overhauled but I need to rip the bath out and really don’t have an idea where to even begin lol

• May 3, 2018 / 5:30 am

I don’t think I would even know where to begin myself but in such situations I think its best to hire someone so its done right

27. May 2, 2018 / 11:14 am

These are all so lovely and sleek designs. Very nice addition to any bathroom.

28. May 2, 2018 / 10:52 am

So many stylish ideas! We were lucky enough to put a stand alone bath in when we decorated, but don’t have a shower. That’s on my bathroom wishlist now 🙂

• May 3, 2018 / 5:28 am

Oh how jealous am I right now, I would love a standalone bathroom one day and hope you get that shower wish