Summer Staycation Essentials

Summer is well and truly underway and I thought I share the summer staycation essentials. Whilst most of us would love a trip abroad, the weather has been absolutely amazing calling for more staycations. The beauty about staycations is you’re not limited on how much you can take with you. This can be problematic as many people tend to overpack instead of taking only the essential must-haves.

Summer Staycation Essentials

Staycations are defined as holidaying in one’s own city or country rather than travelling abroad. Living in the UK, I have 1001 places I can staycation and have an incredible time. Over the last few years, I have enjoyed a lot of staycations including the top three places to vacation in the UK.

Our recent staycation was to the Lake District where we spent time as a family and reconnected with nature. Over the years I have become sort of an expert on what to pack for staycations depending on the season. In this post, I hope to share some tips on what are the summer staycation essentials.

Summer Staycation Essentials

Depending on how long your summer staycation is going to last determines how much stuff you will need. Often when I go for staycations they are short and sweet; 2 days and 1-night entire time to relax and recharge. As the aim is to get away from home but still be close enough to enjoy my own country, I focus on relaxing.

Summer Capsule – being in your own country has its perks, you have no limit on what to pack. But I propose packing only the summer essentials since you don’t need to pack too much. I would suggest packing a couple of shirts, a pair of jeans and some trainers. The important tip is to pack items you’re most comfortable in and not things you will not wear.

Summer Accessories – I don’t know about you but I try not to wear too much during summer. Accessories can definitely make an outfit so I make sure to pack some pieces to complete my outfits. Depending on your outfit, you can either pack statement pieces or simple rose gold necklace or earrings.

Summer Staycation Essentials

Summer Essentials

Backpack or Tote Bag – As a frequent traveller, I often opt for backpacks as they are easy to carry. On staycations, I am known to take tote bags as well and pack all my essentials. What type of bag you take depends on how long your staycation is and what essentials you need to take.

Portable Power Supply – I don’t know about you but I always travel with a portable power pack. As a blogger, I am always ready to write down content as it comes to me and takes pictures. It doesn’t help if your phone dies at the most crucial time when it’s most needed.

Water Bottle – When the sun is high, it is important to have a water bottle handy to stay hydrated. Though am not a fan of water, I often have infused or flavoured water with me to keep me hydrated. If your staycation involves a lot of walking, make sure you always hydrated.

Apart from money and a cardigan, I often don’t take much else with me during summer staycations. As it is often said, less is more so don’t overload yourself with unnecessary things. Only pack essential items that you will need and will make use of during your staycation.

What are some of the items that you always pack during a staycation? What do you think of staycations? Are they worth the hype? Do you ever go on staycations whether locally or within your own country?

1. August 2, 2018 / 4:38 am

All great items to have while you’re away from home! I usually stick to just one set of accessories unless it’s a special occasion.

2. August 2, 2018 / 3:35 am

Staycations are my favorite! It’s so much easier when the travel time is next to nothing, especially when you have kids.

3. Peter
    August 1, 2018 / 8:05 pm

I do need a starvation! This full time SAHD stuff is hard! Wouldn’t trade it for the world though: great tips

4. August 1, 2018 / 3:30 pm

I really have to get myself a portable power charger. They’re so convenient to have and perfect for all of our road trips!

5. Kathy
    August 1, 2018 / 2:36 pm

Staycations are the best. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to have fun. I need to do this before summer is over. My kids will love a staycation.

6. August 1, 2018 / 10:48 am

Staying hydrated is very important especially if you will go outdoors and the sun is hot. Water bottles filled with water or juice is essential.

7. August 1, 2018 / 9:06 am

I’m probably one of the few people who have not had a staycation. I hope I can go on a vacation or at the very list a staycation before the season changes. Love this staycation essentials.

8. August 1, 2018 / 4:05 am

These are great tips. We go on staycations whenever we can’t travel. This is a helpful guide.

9. August 1, 2018 / 4:04 am

I think staycations are a great idea. Lots of fun to play the part of tourist in your own back yard.

10. August 1, 2018 / 3:47 am

I love doing staycations especially during the summer when it’s simply too hot outside! I think these are all must haves to make sure you have the best time!

11. July 31, 2018 / 8:53 pm

These are some great ideas – I am awful for remembering all the essentials when I am heading away. I normally forget something really needed like a hairbrush or deodorant.

12. July 31, 2018 / 5:30 pm

I can’t remember the last time I had a true staycation. I think they’re worth the hype. It’s nice to get out of your regular element.

13. July 31, 2018 / 4:53 pm

I wanted to plan a Staycation with my son but Summer got away from me and it’s time for him to return to school so I think we will plan on during Thanksgiving when he is out for the Holiday. As it will give us both something to look forward to and a neat way to celebrate Thanksgiving.

14. July 31, 2018 / 4:34 pm

Usually our staycations we bring along food so that we don’t need to go out to eat because that saves us so much really. I am pretty sure I still overpack even though I am trying to cut that back.

15. July 31, 2018 / 4:01 pm

I always have my charger with me to make sure I can stay connected with my phone. I am always home hydrating so I will remember this for when i am out and about.

16. July 31, 2018 / 3:55 pm

Oh yes, I bring my portable battery pack everywhere. My phone tends to die quickly.

I also have a backpack that I take when I travel. It holds a ton!

17. July 31, 2018 / 12:24 pm

I’ve improved at how badly I over pack over the years. About a year after my first son was born we spent a weekend away in the Amish community 2 hours away, it was as close to a staycation as we’ve had.

18. robin rue
    July 31, 2018 / 11:52 am

My portable phone charger goes EVERYWHERE with me. I don’t know how some people get by without one!!

19. July 31, 2018 / 10:53 am

Most of our staycations are at the beach a couple hours from my house so swimsuits and coverups are what I pack. I’m trying to get to that point where I stop overpacking. It’s hard but I’m making progress.