People don’t take trips, trips take people is another one of my favourite Travel Quotes. Over the last few years, I have enjoyed being a solo traveller, something I never thought I would ever do. In this #2 2018 Travel Bucketlist, I am sharing the trips I have been on so far.
At the beginning of the year, I made a list of places I wanted to visit in 2018. Most of them were solo adventures and a few included travels with friends. With only a few more months left before the year ends, I thought I share a recap of my travels.
2018 Travel Bucketlist Review
I know I am in a more fortunate position than others and I do not take that for granted. But one thing I should say is I worked hard for everything I have. With that being said, in this post, I am sharing a recap of my bucketlist.
The last few months have been pretty crazy with all the travelling. Both for work and personal travels, I hope I have ticked off more places on my
Quarter #1 Travels
At the beginning of the year, I made of list of places I wanted to visit in 2018. Every time I make any sort of goals, I always make a point to review them. For the first quarter of the year, most of my travels were with my parents. I had made a decision to take my parents abroad with me, it has been amazing. Here is a recap of the 2018 Travel Bucketlist for quarter #1
- Prague, Czech Republic – I first visited Prague back in 2016 and I had such great memories. When the opportunity came to collaborate with Prague Tourism I jumped at it and glad I did. This was the first solo trip of the year, it held so much meaning. I also managed to visit Kutna Hora, the bone city, it was both creepy and interesting.
- Toulouse France – first time visiting this French city. I took my parents with me and had an incredible opportunity working with Toulouse Tourism. We are excited to go back before the year ends and hope to surprise my parents with the trip.
- Pisa Italy – another first time visiting this Italian city, again I went with my parents. This incredible opportunity came about at the end of 2017 when I was asked to review a holiday home. We definitely loved our experience and can not recommend the Casale Amati holiday home enough.
- Florence Italy – during our visit to Pisa we took a day trip to Florence. I just had to take my parents here since we were so close by. We enjoyed our visit and took a city tour bus of explored.
- Luxembourg – This was the second solo trip but a first-time visit to Luxembourg. I met some really lovely solo traveller friends who took me under their wing. We had a lovely time exploring the small country of Luxembourg. The highlight was visiting Vianden and climbing the castle with impressive views.
- Athens Greece – I had always wanted to visit Greece specifically Athens. When I saw a lovely deal on Expedia, I knew I had to buy it and glad I did. I was able to explore the city, enjoy the views and learn about the Greek Gods.
Quarter #2 2018 Travels
By the time Q2 2018 was starting, I had been to 5 countries and 7 cities. I was buzzed for the rest of the year especially since I was participating in the #take12trips travel challenge. It is something I am glad to have stuck with and continue to do. For Q2, here is the recap of the 2018 Travel Bucketlist.
- Marseille France – visiting France for the second in a few months had me excited. I had heard wonderful things about Marseille and I wanted to experience it for my self. We had such a lovely time and I can not wait to take my parents there.
- Zagreb, Croatia – as luck would have it, I had to travel for work to Zagreb. I have heard loads about the coastal towns of Croatia but next to nothing on the capital. It is such an unsuspecting city, it has so much to offer. Definitely taking my parents to Zagreb one day soon hopefully before the end of the year.
- Barcelona, Spain – having been last year I knew my parents would love it. I booked an amazing apartment close to the Sagrada Familia and we loved it. It was such a memorable trip with my parents and hope to make many more.
- Seoul, South Korea – those who know me know, Seoul is my yearly trip. Having a friend who lives and works there definitely has its perks, I am excited to be heading back.
2018 Travel Bucketlist – Quarter #3
With only 4 months left before the end of the year, I wanted to recap my travels. I am so happy to have been to so many places already and even more excited for the upcoming trips. Whilst I don’t think I will visit all the places on my bucketlist I am happy with my progress so far.
- Aalborg, Denmark – I am so glad I pushed myself to visit this Danish city. It is not a city I had heard of before and wasn’t sure exactly what to expect. I can not recommend it enough, it is amazing.
- Zagreb, Croatia – Unexpectedly I was asked to return to Zagreb and was excited. Having been earlier in the year I was excited to explore again. But this time I took it slow and enjoyed my visit living like local.
- Bled & Ljubljana, Slovenia – with Slovenia being only an hour or so away from Croatia I had to visit. I booked a day trip and had so much fun, met some really wonderful people. Excited to have visited again for the fourth time.
- Cologne, Germany – this trip was totally unplanned and not part of the bucketlist I shared. But on my offline bucketlist, I do have this city and was excited to explore. It was much more than I was expecting and just so wonderful.
With just 5 weeks left before Q3 ends, I have one more trip to Seoul. I am excited to visit my friend again though I feel this might be the last one. But who knows I might be heading back again next week, who knows. I still have a few cities on my bucketlist that I want to visit but we shall see.
2018 Travel Bucketlist – Rest of the year
I am not sure if I will be able to visit all the places on my list below. To be honest I haven’t even booked any of these but then again I am
- Antwerp Belgium
- Helsinki Finland
- Faro, Portugal
- Salzburg, Austria
2018 has been a great year of travels, I am excited to see if I will make it to these places. As I mentioned, not booked anything yet but hopefully soon I might.